Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was supposed to be the second one of his day, but the surgery before me went over and I didn't get pushed into the OR until 11:30. I was fine in recovery, not hurting and not in pain. The first night I just used my pain pump every time it would let me. :huh: I was determined not to hurt.

Tuesday was a bad day. Dry heaves, lots of gas pain and I think where he repaired my hernia was hurting too. The actually incisions felt fine. Wednesday I was able to drink without feeling nauseous so they let me come home. I am still sore from the dry heaves. Let me tell you THEY WERE STRONG! I was so afraid I was going to throw up a staple or too, but nothing ever came out.

I slept so much better in my bed last night. So much more comfy cozy than a hospital bed. Today I still feel pretty wobbly when I move around, but I am determined to do my "downstairs laps" today.

Not really any hunger. In fact, some food smells actually make me nauseous. I can tell, though, that my two week thin liquid post-op diet is going to get old quick. I'm already scrounging around for some Soup recipes that I can make for the fam and then puree for me. Anything that doesn't taste sweet.

Dr. Spaw said he made my pouch really tight and that it will take a couple weeks for it to soften where I don't have that spasm pain every time I take a sip. Right now I have to wait for that pain to come and go before I can take another sip. I guess I will be happy with my very tight pouch once I can start eating real food. It will help keep me on track.

I'll update either this weekend or the beginning of next week. I expect to feel MUCH better by then.

Also, I got myself a present for getting through the surgery--tickets to Death Cab for Cutie in August. I'm SO EXCITED! And my cousin gave me the most awesome gift. It's a big gift bag full of wrapped presents. One said "Open Now" and one says "Open Last" and then the others I open one each day. The first one was a journal. I am going to go back to when I first started thinking about the Sleeve and catch up to now. Then today's gift was the cutest plastic margarita glass with a pink seahorse for a stem. I am sipping Water out of it now. I can't wait to see tomorrow's surprise!!!

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you, I honestly cannot wait until I am where you are right now - my surgery is Monday and I just want it to be over with

My surgery was supposed to be the second one of his day, but the surgery before me went over and I didn't get pushed into the OR until 11:30. I was fine in recovery, not hurting and not in pain. The first night I just used my pain pump every time it would let me. :huh: I was determined not to hurt.

Tuesday was a bad day. Dry heaves, lots of gas pain and I think where he repaired my hernia was hurting too. The actually incisions felt fine. Wednesday I was able to drink without feeling nauseous so they let me come home. I am still sore from the dry heaves. Let me tell you THEY WERE STRONG! I was so afraid I was going to throw up a staple or too, but nothing ever came out.

I slept so much better in my bed last night. So much more comfy cozy than a hospital bed. Today I still feel pretty wobbly when I move around, but I am determined to do my "downstairs laps" today.

Not really any hunger. In fact, some food smells actually make me nauseous. I can tell, though, that my two week thin liquid post-op diet is going to get old quick. I'm already scrounging around for some Soup recipes that I can make for the fam and then puree for me. Anything that doesn't taste sweet.

Dr. Spaw said he made my pouch really tight and that it will take a couple weeks for it to soften where I don't have that spasm pain every time I take a sip. Right now I have to wait for that pain to come and go before I can take another sip. I guess I will be happy with my very tight pouch once I can start eating real food. It will help keep me on track.

I'll update either this weekend or the beginning of next week. I expect to feel MUCH better by then.

Also, I got myself a present for getting through the surgery--tickets to Death Cab for Cutie in August. I'm SO EXCITED! And my cousin gave me the most awesome gift. It's a big gift bag full of wrapped presents. One said "Open Now" and one says "Open Last" and then the others I open one each day. The first one was a journal. I am going to go back to when I first started thinking about the Sleeve and catch up to now. Then today's gift was the cutest plastic margarita glass with a pink seahorse for a stem. I am sipping Water out of it now. I can't wait to see tomorrow's surprise!!!

Welcome to our little clan!! I sure hope you're feeling better quickly. The first few weeks can be quite the bummer. But take it easy and sip, sip, sip. I was on a full liquid diet for the first month after surgery and oh how I hated all things sweet. The only thing that got me through was the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup. I was never a big sweets person before surgery, my down fall was good ole southern fried foods!

Don't try to move to fast through your food stages as you may very well damage your sleeve incision. Take it slow! Really slow!! Hang in there and keep us posted! :D

Congrats to you as well. Thanks for posting over in my thread. I look forward to hearing more about your progress while I am experiencing mine.

Congrats to you as well. Thanks for posting over in my thread. I look forward to hearing more about your progress while I am experiencing mine.

Congrats to you..........I was also sleeved on 5/3/11! I'm doing pretty well today came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon and had a really good nights sleep in my own bed. I am having trouble today getting in all the calories they want you to have as well as all the Water needed........I just feel so full after just a little bit of anything. Have you experienced any of the same? Best of luck to you!