Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

I had the gas pains for about three days. I was allowed to shower the next day and I had steri strips on my incisions.

Bug,

I was quite surprised too that when I got home I found out I had gained 4 pounds - it was all from the swelling. About 3 days later, it was coming off at the rate of 2 pounds per day which is how I lost 10 pounds in about 5 days.

Natashiki, glad your's went well too! My doc said I could shower as soon as I got home, but I only have dissolvable stiches, no steri strips or regular staples. That probably makes a difference.

And I agree with the Loratab. It doesn't seem to be helping the pain much at all. I'm probaably going to call the doc tommorow and see if I can get something different. Per doc's orders I can't take Motrin, Advil, or Alleve for at least a couple months. Not sure why though.

Feel better soon!

Oh, and I lost 11 lbs on the pre-op diet. But, I weighed myself when got home today and have gained, are you ready for this? NINE POUNDS!! Can you say Water weight?! Wonder what I'll be at once all this swelling and water bloat goes away. :phanvan

I'm sitting in Dr. Ortiz' clinic. IV in hand. Lots of walking. I am amazed this day has come and surgery was uneventful. I was down to 243 yesterday, so a total loss of 12. Not far from my goal.

Have made friends with a coulple of girls from LBT - comfortaing knowing I'm not alone. I'll post the before surgery pics as soon as I get back home. Staff has been attentive and nice and the language barrier hasn't been an issue (in the clinic anyway) but out in the city it was interesting for a first visit.

I'll post more later. Thanks for the info and support!

i'll be an august bandster!

i've finally gotten a surgery date of 8/21!!! i attended my seminar almost exactly a year ago. spent some time waiting for my insurance to change with my employer, then wasted some time trying to get it approved through the new provider. when they denied again and again and again, i was ready to give up. but...my family stepped forward and all agreed to band (ha! pun intended) together to pay for it amongst themselves. my family rawks. :) i've told them all i'll name a body part after each of them. meet my right foot, barbara, and charles, my kneecap.

i'm so ready! not excited, really, just so tired of waiting for this to begin. the pre-op diet has been easy and i can tell based on how my rings fit my sausages that i'm losing some weight already. i've got about 250 to lose, so my journey will be a long, long one. i'm finally ready to get it started.

wish me luck!!!!

Hey everybody! The count down is on for me, today is my last day of "real" eating. Starting tomorrow I'm on liquids preparing for my surgery on Monday the 21st. I'm totally psyched!!! Can't wait to drop the weight!!

Hello again! Well, I was FINALLY banded on Monday (14th) after several reschedules and such. My doc was really nice. I'm still in lots of pain, but it's not unbearable. My port is on the left side and if I lay down on my right side I hardly hurt at all but the second I sit up I get shooting pains again. The strangest thing is that it hurts the most about 4 inches below the port where there isn't even an incision! I wonder why that is? I've already lost almost 8 pounds since Monday and I'm not feeling hungry really. Just drinking my Protein Shake and Water. Good luck to everyone else, I'm SO glad this forum is here! :)

I get to go on semi solids tomorrow!! I'm shopping for baby food today- and looking for help on reciepes for Soup. But considering that I can only do about 8 oz of soup at one meal. I'm 2 weeks out of surgery and had naseau for the first time last night, I didn't break up my meds (crushed) and held off on Protein Drink for dinner. I'm stuck at loosing about 1 1/2 pounds every 2 days - this is slow, but I'm off to the gym to get some excercise.

Caroline

banded 8/2/06

Dr. Ashley Vernon

Brigham & Womans, Boston.

I ate a lot of campbells Soup at hand. it has no chunks in it and it's very smooth, about 100 calaries for each container. I'd only be able to drink half of it so I have half for lunch and half for dinner. The vegatable medley is REALLY good!

Wow guys thank you so much for all of the updates. I do so much better in situations knowing what to expect whether good or bad.

I am keeping a running log of items and things that each of you used that helped you and it has been great, so I will be very prepared.

Robin,

Is your ticker current? I am very interested in seeing how you are doing since banding as it seems we have similar numbers. :biggrin1:

Congrats to everyone who has been banded so far this month!

It's really cool to read all the updates from those of you who have entered bandland!

ha ha jynx! :biggrin1: you owe me an um...... slim fast! :)

Sitting in the clinic with Littlebird, Dr Ortiz did 6 of us yesterday. The day before he had to do a revision on a girl that ate chicken 4 days post band. The clinic is very nice, the staff has been wonderful. Good luck to all of the waiting bandsters.

Sitting in the clinic with Littlebird, Dr Ortiz did 6 of us yesterday. The day before he had to do a revision on a girl that ate chicken 4 days post band. The clinic is very nice, the staff has been wonderful. Good luck to all of the waiting bandsters.

Sorry Littlebird was still logged in, it's actually Patti