Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi im george and im 6 feet tall 290 pounds im so tired of losing weight and gaining it back im also diabetic i take 12 pills a day and insulin 80 units at night .....so i decided to get the sleeve and hopefully improve my life im also 47 years old i want to be healthy and be around for my kids my questions are plenty but what should i expect after surgery your replys are very grateful thank you

Hi George,

Well there is so much to expect, you might want to get more specific with your questions. :) What I can tell you though for me, I dealt with some nausea, vomiting and lots of fatigue for a the first two months. After I got to eat solids and was able to get all my Water in along with taking all my supplements I began to feel better and better. I feel fantastic now and I'm within reach of my goal now. So, life's great with the sleeve!!

Good luck!

Hi George,

Well there is so much to expect, you might want to get more specific with your questions. :) What I can tell you though for me, I dealt with some nausea, vomiting and lots of fatigue for a the first two months. After I got to eat solids and was able to get all my Water in along with taking all my supplements I began to feel better and better. I feel fantastic now and I'm within reach of my goal now. So, life's great with the sleeve!!

Good luck!

thamks for the reply im really nervous and actually scared

thamks for the reply im really nervous and actually scared

Nothing wrong with that! It's very common to feel nervous and scared pre surgery. It's a big deal!! Just know that we are all here to support one another. Ask away, I'm sure you'll get more answers than expected. Hang in there!!

For me I'm a little confused. I had my surgery on the 18th of April. I haven't been able to drink all of my Protein on Water on a daily. I wake up with terrible hunger pangs and my doctors doesn't want me to have anything else but liquids until the 13th of May. Wondering if anyone else have gone thru this request ? He did inform me that I can have some egg drop Soup this monday coming, but I hungry and need something to eat. This doctor had placed me on this diet 2 weeks prior to surgery so I'm being tortured. Please someone help me out and let me know if there doctor has requested such a harsh diet regimen thereafter?

Daniellelavon!!

Good Luck George! I was very nervous and scared too. I have a husband and 3 kids and was very scared about the surgery. But I had my surgery on april 26th. I haven't been sick at all. I'm very sore but my family is taking good care of me. As far as diet I was told for two weeks after surgery to stick to one Protein Shake a day and 64 ounces of fluids per day. I'm fuzzy on the fluids part. I have been drinking Water, crystal light and thats about it. For me the liquid seems to hurt going down but the shake is fine...probably because its thicker and it goes down slower. I was wondering if I could add broth as part of my 64 ounces per day. It seems everyone on here gets different information from their doctors.

Hope this helps

Kristi

Welcome George,

I was a little sore, no nausea. Went home the following day after the leak test. After that it was all down hill. Went back to work after two weeks. Everyday it gets so much better. Everyone here will be happy to help you in any way that they can.:D

Deb

Welcome George,

I was a little sore, no nausea. Went home the following day after the leak test. After that it was all down hill. Went back to work after two weeks. Everyday it gets so much better. Everyone here will be happy to help you in any way that they can.:D

Deb

thank you

Good Luck George! I was very nervous and scared too. I have a husband and 3 kids and was very scared about the surgery. But I had my surgery on april 26th. I haven't been sick at all. I'm very sore but my family is taking good care of me. As far as diet I was told for two weeks after surgery to stick to one Protein Shake a day and 64 ounces of fluids per day. I'm fuzzy on the fluids part. I have been drinking Water, crystal light and thats about it. For me the liquid seems to hurt going down but the shake is fine...probably because its thicker and it goes down slower. I was wondering if I could add broth as part of my 64 ounces per day. It seems everyone on here gets different information from their doctors.

Hope this helps

Kristi

thank you

I'm only four days out (still fatigued but able to do some things, too), so I'm not a great source of info, but I wanted to say that the more info you get the less scared you might be. I think most of us tend to be the most scared of unknowns and since this is new to you now, it all feels scary.

Have you had surgery before? If so, then you have some info as to how you react to surgery and that's good to know. If not, then start watching posts of people who are just out and see what they have to say so you're prepared for a range of possibilities. You can go through the same type of information gathering for other issues, too. Search archives, post questions, start supplanting fears with more solid info. I had about a month between finding this board and having surgery and by the time I got to Mexico I was just excited with a mild nervousness. Isn't that amazing?

I think many of us shared the same reasons for getting surgery and it seems to be a great starting place. I have eight children, several with special needs, and I need to try my best to be around and healthy for them as long as I can. I'm so thankful to now have a tool to help me do that! Ifeel sure my hubby is quite relieved, too!

Good luck, and keep asking questions!!