Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery Jan 27 in Richmond Hospital feel free to email me if any question monicaferegrino@hotmail.com

I had surgery Jan 27 in Richmond Hospital feel free to email me if any question monicaferegrino@hotmail.com

Thank you for reaching out, how are you feeling almost 2 months out? How's your food intake, approximately how many calories are you getting in?
Who was your surgeon? If I could ask your starting weight and current weight?
How was it after you woke from surgery? Just a few questions from the top of my head lol
I hope you are doing and healing well!

Hey all! I am new here and I live in Prince George! My surgery is in Tijuana Mexico on June 23rd 2016
I just started my pre-op diet today. Getting super excited!
Any one from B.C. go to Mexico to get gastric sleeve done?

How are you doing almost 9 months out? Did you have a good experience in Mexico?

5 hours ago, onmywaytohealthy73 said:

Thank you for reaching out, how are you feeling almost 2 months out? How's your food intake, approximately how many calories are you getting in?
Who was your surgeon? If I could ask your starting weight and current weight?
How was it after you woke from surgery? Just a few questions from the top of my head lol
I hope you are doing and healing well!

I can not go above 600 cal. usually between 470 - 600 per day . My surgeon was Dr. Nguyen. My starting weight 334 lbs, surgery weight 311, todays weight 283 lbs , total lost 51lbs, 23 pre-op and 28 post op.

I do recall that I was really scared, I am not a fan of surgeries but the anesthesia kicked in and the surgery happened. I was told that it was like 90 minutes, the doctor called my family as well the recovery nurse they kept them informed all the way. I woke up in the recovery room, they have around 2 people per nurse. I actually felt ok no pain or nausea, the nurse told me that she was surprised as almost everyone will wake up with nausea. From there they wait until I actually was able to walk and go to the bathroom and then I was moved to the room upstairs.

I was given morphine and something for the nausea on the IV. Pain was bearable I was encouraged to walk as soon as possible I did and it was ok no pain at all . I was release from the hospital after one night with some acid reducers and pain medication. I trew up once while in the hospital and once at home beside that nothing much to say. I am very tolerant to pain so my recollection might not be the normal

What was more difficult was to find a Protein Powder that I do like, I end up doing some research and the only ones that I do like is GENEPRO which I order in Amazon and Premier Protein which i do get at cotsco , this week I started to eat soft foods which made a huge difference as I do not depend as much on Protein powder. I also started taking prune juice diluted to avoid Constipation which helped greatly.

Recovery was uneventful , I felt very tired the second week I had to take naps after that the third week I was back to normal

What I can tell is while I was scared I have followed every instruction from the doctor and dietician the weight keeps melting and also the pain, I had knee, ankle and shoulder pains due to my weight , it has been the best decision ever . This Friday I have an appointment for follow up with my dietician , I hope it goes ok.

I can not go above 600 cal. usually between 470 - 600 per day . My surgeon was Dr. Nguyen. My starting weight 334 lbs, surgery weight 311, todays weight 283 lbs , total lost 51lbs, 23 pre-op and 28 post op.
I do recall that I was really scared, I am not a fan of surgeries but the anesthesia kicked in and the surgery happened. I was told that it was like 90 minutes, the doctor called my family as well the recovery nurse they kept them informed all the way. I woke up in the recovery room, they have around 2 people per nurse. I actually felt ok no pain or nausea, the nurse told me that she was surprised as almost everyone will wake up with nausea. From there they wait until I actually was able to walk and go to the bathroom and then I was moved to the room upstairs.
I was given morphine and something for the nausea on the IV. Pain was bearable I was encouraged to walk as soon as possible I did and it was ok no pain at all . I was release from the hospital after one night with some acid reducers and pain medication. I trew up once while in the hospital and once at home beside that nothing much to say. I am very tolerant to pain so my recollection might not be the normal
What was more difficult was to find a Protein powder that I do like, I end up doing some research and the only ones that I do like is GENEPRO which I order in Amazon and Premier Protein which i do get at cotsco , this week I started to eat soft foods which made a huge difference as I do not depend as much on Protein Powder. I also started taking prune juice diluted to avoid Constipation which helped greatly.

Recovery was uneventful , I felt very tired the second week I had to take naps after that the third week I was back to normal

What I can tell is while I was scared I have followed every instruction from the doctor and dietician the weight keeps melting and also the pain, I had knee, ankle and shoulder pains due to my weight , it has been the best decision ever . This Friday I have an appointment for follow up with my dietician , I hope it goes ok.

How was your follow up on Friday? I've talked to a lady on obesityhelp and she had her surgery February 9, with Dr. Sampath and she is up to 900 calories with puréed food...it's amazing to see the differences.
Hope you are doing well

How was your follow up on Friday? I've talked to a lady on obesityhelp and she had her surgery February 9, with Dr. Sampath and she is up to 900 calories with puréed food...it's amazing to see the differences.
Hope you are doing well

I was on the dietician for my six week follow up , officially graduated from purée to soft food, it went well continue to follow the guidelines and my Protein was reduced now to 72-90 grams per day so I do not need much supplements these days , I am struggling do to get enough Water with the 30 min rule and being hungry all the time . Surgeon appointment was also really fast just checked on healing and everything is fine . How are you doing ?

I was on the dietician for my six week follow up , officially graduated from purée to soft food, it went well continue to follow the guidelines and my  Protein was reduced now to 72-90 grams per day so I do not need much  supplements these days , I am struggling do to get enough  Water with the 30 min rule and being hungry all the time . Surgeon appointment was also really fast just checked on healing and everything is fine . How are you doing ?

Congrats on getting to soft foods!! Bet you've never tasted anything so good lol what's on your menu today?

I'm doing okay, just going along with my preop diet and doing okay

Has this week started out better for you? Getting in more Water?

Congrats on getting to soft foods!! Bet you've never tasted anything so good lol what's on your menu today?

I'm doing okay, just going along with my preop diet and doing okay

Has this week started out better for you? Getting in more Water?

I was on the dietician for my six week follow up , officially graduated from purée to soft food, it went well continue to follow the guidelines and my Protein was reduced now to 72-90 grams per day so I do not need much supplements these days , I am struggling do to get enough Water with the 30 min rule and being hungry all the time . Surgeon appointment was also really fast just checked on healing and everything is fine . How are you doing ?

Tomorrow is my meeting with the anesthesiologist, can you please tell me what it entails and how long it is? Thank you

Tomorrow is my meeting with the anesthesiologist, can you please tell me what it entails and how long it is? Thank you

For me was maybe an hour to check my results and address any concern that i might have , for us was informative as my husband went with me and got all his answers .

Hi Everyone My name is Graeme. I'm getting my sleeve done on the 13th of next month with Dr Yorke, who works with Sampath and Ngyuen in Richmond area. My scope is on the 4th. I'm very nervous and afraid, but excited at the same time. My fear though is of the actual surgery itself. I've never had surgery or even an IV before. I've had people tell me i wont remember it and ill be fine but to say that to someone who's never gone through something at all like this doenst seem to help. Then i found this support group and i thought maybe i could talk to people here. Its not like i have no one thats gone through it in my own life. In fact my dad did. He lost over 150 lbs and has kept it off for 3 years now. He's part of the reason im doing it, the other reason is my wife and for me. Anyways just just a little about me. Its nice to meet you all.

Have a great day!

Edited by Graeme

Hi Everyone My name is Graeme. I'm getting my sleeve done on the 13th of next month with Dr Yorke, who works with Sampath and Ngyuen in Richmond area. My scope is on the 4th. I'm very nervous and afraid, but excited at the same time. My fear though is of the actual surgery itself. I've never had surgery or even an IV before. I've had people tell me i wont remember it and ill be fine but to say that to someone who's never gone through something at all like this doenst seem to help. Then i found this support group and i thought maybe i could talk to people here. Its not like i have no one thats gone through it in my own life. In fact my dad did. He lost over 150 lbs and has kept it off for 3 years now. He's part of the reason im doing it, the other reason is my wife and for me. Anyways just just a little about me. Its nice to meet you all.
Have a great day!

You will do great , good luck

You will do great , good luck

How are you doing? It's hard to find local support online...
10 more days for me...I'm having a hard time losing on the preop diet and I'm following it to a tee, I think I will contact Raj or the NUT on Monday
I've dropped just a few pounds

On 2016-06-14 at 1:17 AM, June Hendry L'Esperance said:

Hey all! I am new here and I live in Prince George! My surgery is in Tijuana Mexico on June 23rd 2016

I just started my pre-op diet today. Getting super excited!

Any one from B.C. go to Mexico to get gastric sleeve done?

Hello,

I am in BC and went through Bariatric Pal Team MX and had my surgery in Tijuana on Feb 20, 2017 - easy peasy...went well