Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop Giving away days of your life!

Hi,

Are you lurking out there reading all these posting by everyone trying to absorb as much information as you can about weight loss surgery. I used to be one of you too. I knew I need and wanted to do something about being fat. I had struggled for 25 or more years trying all the kinds of diets there were—yep you too—I knew it. I had my greatest success with Weight Watchers, and to this day I feel for so many people it is the healthiest way to lose weight. I saw over the year too many people including some of the Weight Watchers group leaders gain the weight back—and me too.

I became interested more and more in Weight Loss Surgery the more I lurked around on these boards seeing what people had said. I even thought to myself are these people really real or is someone paying them to write all these stories about their success. I really was fortunate enough to have a very close friends who went to Mexicali, Mexico and had Dr. Aceves do her weight loss surgery. She was an RN and I worked with her, so I knew what integrity she had as a nurse and trusted her judgment.

I wasn’t sure this was what I wanted to do yet. So after watching her drop the pounds and become more healthy each day, I started asking her a million different questions. She was great and pointed me in the right direction of making me do some research and see what I came up with and what kind of Weight Loss Surgery did I want for myself? I must have spent 6 months reading everything I could find about weight loss surgery. I knew that I wanted to have the sleeve surgery and I knew without a doubt that Dr. Aceves in Mexicali was the ONLY doctor that I was willing to put my trust in. I also called and talked to the people who worked for him and asked them all kinds of questions. I bet they started referring to me as the “Queen of Questions.” Not really they really are pleased to answer all your questions this is a life changing event that you are about to do.

I talked with my husband about doing this and he was so very supportive. He answer to me was “I know you well enough to do that you have done all kinds of reading and research.” He said if this is want you want go for it.

Not everyone was supportive of this and I know it was because they really had NO idea of what kind of surgery I wanted to have. I was also 63 when I made this choice.

What I want to say for you “newbies, or those lurking out there with just the thought of having weight loss surgery.” It is OK to do just want you are doing. But, don’t wait forever to do something about it. Every day that you live your life unhealthy, fat, uncomfortable in your own body, is a day that you are giving away. STOP giving any more days of your life away. It is time to take control of your life instead of food controlling you. Take back your power, be the person that I know you can become. I know that if you are a “self pay” that is a lot of money to pay to have surgery. It will be the best money that you could ever spend. You are adding years back on your life. You will spend less on food, health care, medications and so many other things. If at 63 I could do this, I know that you can do this too and be very successful.

I am very prejudice about Dr. Aveves. He is the best there is when it comes to this kind of surgery, and don’t you want the best you can have when it comes to your health and the rest of your life? I know I sure did. I went alone, I wasn’t scared to go to Mexicali, you are picked up at the airport in San Diego and driven by a very nice man in a van along with a lot of others who are about to change their lives just like you are going to do. They take excellent care of you in full blown hospital with everything that you would ever need.

I am here to answer any questions that you may have about having this surgery and Dr. Aceves and his team of talented staff. The care you receive it top rated and better than anything you will ever have in the US. If you are waiting for your insurance to pay for it, they drag it out for 2 years or more and so many of them then tell you NO.

So don’t give away another day of your life. Do something for the first time in your life and that is put yourself first!

Hugs,

Suzanne