Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2011 Sleevers

In the clinic currently waiting for surgery, nerves are setting in!

Stacy,

I have a 4 year old and 5 year old. I explained to them that the doctor was fixing my tummy and they have to be very gentle. I also told them I can't lift or carry them for a whole month. I showed them my ouches on my tummy and I am 2 weeks out they have been great! My kids are pretty rough and busy, so I am genuinely surprised and relieved at their concern and carefulness.

Good luck @ToDream!

I'm home. My 2 & 4 yr olds saw my ouchies and have been so sweet and gentle. My mom took the kids for a few days so that's so nice. I've been able to take a few naps and walk and fart. Hows everyone else doing?

2 days out for me. We're still in Tijuana. Had the leak test this morning. That was absolutely disgusting. I threw up on the floor. haha

I have to agree about the pain though.. alot more pain that I was expecting. I don't think there's enough information on here about the pain you might have!! Would it have changed my mind? no but I would have been prepared for it at least.

ToDream/ I've been thinking about you and hoping things went well. Look forward to more reports from you. ...like what day you start to feel better. I have to go back to work 4 days after surgery. So ... Keep us up to date on your progress, you skinny thing!! Lol.

I'm 3 days post op; came home from hospital last night. Since I've had other more extensive surgeries, I have to say that this one was "relatively" mild considering -- but again, that's just me. (My last surgery was spinal reconstruction and lasted 11 hours and the recovery took 2 years.) I admit, though, that I was a bit surprised by how much the incision where they pulled the newly divorced tummy through hurt. But, it's been tolerable. The pain has been under control pretty well although the Lortab makes me sleepy right away. I had a headache for the most part of today and I think it's caffeine withdrawal. Took some children's tylenol and that helped right away.

I spent the day tracking my intake of Vitamins, liquids, Proteins and emptying the J drain. Slept a lot in between, but that's to be expected. Recovery takes time and how well we take care of ourselves during this time will set the stage for how well we succeed (IMHO). So glad to be on this side, can't wait to hit the ground running (actually, can't wait to start Jazzercising again -- doc said 2 weeks! Whoot whoot!!!)

Yes I can eat them without too much pain. Only pain is when I try too much fluids. I vomited the leak test stuff all over the floor at the radiologist this morning because it was just too much, too fast!