Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeve-not what I expected

Based on your previous posts you said you had 70 pounds to lose....so you have already dropped 36% of your excess weight in six weeks. What exactly is the problem again?

Also - in another post you mention 10 days out from surgery that you were already eating over 4oz of food. I'm not sure what type of post-op program you are on - but from what I have read that is quite a bit 10 days out. Many people are still on liquids at that time.

Also - from what I have read....the most successful sleevers are the ones who actually eat UNDER their sleeve. They don't want to "test" how restrictive it is. Measure out your food and just eat that. Don't eat every meal until the restriction finally hits you. That is how you stretch your sleeve.

Good luck to you.

I am almost 10 months out, reached goal in just under five months and at 6 months I was five lbs under goal. Now I am 12 lbs under and work to not keep losing. I still weigh and measure my food. You are doing great! I agree, we need to know what you are eating and how much. I never counted carbs, that is not something my doctor and dietitian has us do, but I do an on line log that keeps track of my Protein and calories....it also tracks the carbs. I look at it but don't worry. I watch calories and protein. My concern was not losing my hair. A girl has her priorities, right??!!! :) Right now I can eat a half cup of cottage cheese, I've been able to eat a half cup for a few months now. I was worried at first but after some reassurance, I realize that as time goes on, it is normal to be able to eat more. I do still feel quite a bit of restriction, but I can definitely eat more than before. Give us more details!! As far as RNY - I'm the only one I personally know that has had the sleeve. Two friends are banded, one kept it for 6 weeks, had severe problems and had it removed. The other one is going on five years and started regaining a year ago. I know 12 people from my home town that have had bypass surgery....ONE is doing great. The others.....some never reached goal, the others have gained some of the weight back. Some more than others. I think it may be great for some, but I didn't even consider it because of the ones I personally know. Just sayin'

I, too, was disappointed at week 3. I had a major stall and got so frustrated! However, even though I didn't loose any weight, I have lost almost 3 sizes in clothes!!! Don't get discouraged, although I am the first to admit that it is easy to do in these stalls! I haven't changed anything, but about every 3 or 4 days I loose another pound. My husband made a good point in that I did not put the weight all on in a short time, so loosing slowly is better in the long run.

OH, and since surgery, I have only lost 21 lbs. I am counting my weight loss since my pre-op diet. It really helps me feel better about this whole journey!

Keep your chin up! I am sure that if you look back in a month, you will have a different perspective on things. I am also only 4 weeks out, almost 5. This was a big change and it's easy to fall into those past thoughts! I hope you find comfort in knowing that we have all been there and we will all be here for you throughout your journey :rolleyes: !!

let me ask you this? On what diet did you ever lose 25 pounds in 6 weeks??????

Your expectaions are unreal and your stall is very typical of any type of Weight loss surgery. My daughter had bypass and I had the sleeve 5 months later, I HAVE surpassed her in weight loss. It is only a tool, apply its benifits and accept the stalls.

PS>>>>>>> there is NO magic Pill or Surgery,, you need to adjust your expectations.

I just want to add that we all went through a stage after surgery when we wondered if we had done the right thing. It's only natural. Believe me, it does get better. We are here to help you through the bad times and to rejoice with you at the good times. We all wish you well. Just keep positive as much as you can, and things will improve. Good luck to you!

Thank you

HC

I think you could get some really great help here if you would talk about what you have been eating, whether you have been getting your Protein, whether you are drinking your Water, etc. Are you working out? YOU may just be at the normal stall I read about here, but you also may be able to jump start your losing if you fix some small thing.

The only reason I even know thi is because of all the reading I do here and all the You Tubes I watch. I know so much that will help me in my journey! And if I encounter a problem this is the place I will come. But you will find that you need to open up a bit more about yourself and they will be better able to help you.

I think you could get some really great help here if you would talk about what you have been eating, whether you have been getting your Protein, whether you are drinking your Water, etc. Are you working out? YOU may just be at the normal stall I read about here, but you also may be able to jump start your losing if you fix some small thing.

The only reason I even know thi is because of all the reading I do here and all the You Tubes I watch. I know so much that will help me in my journey! And if I encounter a problem this is the place I will come. But you will find that you need to open up a bit more about yourself and they will be better able to help you.

Thank you!\HC

I'm sorry if this is taken wrong - but what is with the double posts and thank yous? People here are more than willing to help you - but they are asking for information.

What do you normally eat in a day?

Do you get any exercise?

Do you have any formal post op plan?

Let's start with those.

You would get stalls with any surgery. You will be more healthier with the sleeve verses anything else. 25 pounds in 6 weeks is very awesome.. This and any other surgery are tools nothing more. You have to work your sleeve , and not overeat carbs. I eat less than 50 carbs a day 60-70 grams of Proteins and all the Water I can drink. I also exercise about 4 to 5 times a week. I am losing weight steady. No complaints here..I love my sleeve and guess what I am not Vitamin defecient..:D

I'm 9wks out and only 40 pounds loss. I was feeling discouraged after reading that someone lost 56 pounds in 2months, thinking I was doing something wrong. Yet after reading the different post, I'm feeling better about everything. One thing I do agree with is, when having the surgery, it is imperative that the wls patient understands that this is only a tool, a means to an end but not "the end". I like to think that sleeve surgery puts us who struggle with weight, at the starting line with those who don't struggle... Work on renewing the mind, the rest will follow.

I'm sorry if this is taken wrong - but what is with the double posts and thank yous? People here are more than willing to help you - but they are asking for information.

What do you normally eat in a day?

Do you get any exercise?

Do you have any formal post op plan?

Let's start with those.

I must go back-to-basics! I was trying more solid Proteins and too many carbs and it was too much for me.

So eggs, Soups and yogurt are better for now. I can take chicken blended in the Magic Bullet very well also.

Also what do you do about the crunchy, carb desires? It this just a mental disorder? Maybe I should try to

eat the "fried"? pork rind chips--? Not appealing to me, but maybe.

I thought I was a bit internet savvy but am having trouble with this site finding a way to answer the many replies to my post, in mass--is there a way, or do i reply to each person individually?

Can anyone offer site navigation help for me?

Thanks,

HZ