Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nectar Whey Protein Isolate

Hey. I'm getting tired of my chocolate flavored Protein and I'm looking for something different. Just wondered if anyone ever tried the nectar brand before. If so, is it any good. Is it like that Isopure crap?

If you have any experience with it, please let me know.

I have tried the lemon tea and the coconut pineapple one. They are both OK. But I like them so much better than the Ungury. I mix the lemon tea with an 8 or 12 oz glass of Crystal Light Peach Tea. I really like that combo. I put the dry nectar powder in the glass of peach tea.

Just called nectar and the sample variety packs have gone up to $13.00 (no shipping and handling), and it's not available through the website. You can only get it if you've never ordered it before.

I liked them well except the green apple. I have never like green apple flavour so that was the disliking.Other than that one I liked all of the other flavours. I never tried the Isopure so I could not say if they are similar or not.

I have tried all flavors, and really don't like them. I've even mixed them with crystal light and the whey flavor is just too strong.

I received their sample pack and I have found 4 of the 5 I tried so far I liked. Just a note I mixed them all with 16oz of Water, they would be way to sweet with only 8oz.

strawberry Kiwi tastes like liquid strawberry Jello to me, so it wasn't bad.

Fuzzy Navel tastes like a weak orange drink, that was good too

Roadside Lemonade tasted like lemonade

Crystal sky, had that today for the first time, tasted almost like liquid bubble gum or cotton candy but not overly sweet.

caribbean cooler was the most horrendous thing I have ever tasted like I was drinking Hawaiian tropic or a bottle of Malibu rum without any rum, WAY too coconut for me.

I ended up buying the big containers of the Strawberry and the Fuzzy navel but since I have quite a few flavors left to try I will be giving the rest a shot throughout the week. I started my pre-op liquid diet today and am having one of these at lunch time.

Will let you know about the rest. I think Isopure is horrible and am so glad that nectar is a palatable alternative. I know everyone's tastes vary so you should get the sample pack and give them all a try.

I have tried all flavors, and really don't like them. I've even mixed them with crystal light and the whey flavor is just too strong.

That's the problem I had with the Isopure. Nothing you do to it takes that horrible taste away. Even the Speical K Protein Water is like for me. I started mixing it with an ounce of Calypso strawberry Lemonade. It's just enough real sugar and lemonade to drown out the taste of the whey. Hopefully I can mix the nectar with something to make it go down a little easier.

The jury is still out on the nectar. fruit juice is good, and whey Protein is okay when mixed in other milk based products. I'm just not so sure on fruit flavored whey. It's weird. So far I've had the apple and the lemonade. I like the apple with a little cranberry pomergrante juice in it. The lemonade...nothing could help that!

I like the cherry twist with 24 oz Water or crystal lite or koolaide. I also liked it mixed with frozen fruit and juice in a blender for a smoothie. Didn't like the tea favor at all. Fuzzy navel was okay,tolerable.

I am drinking the Fuzzy Navel right now I love it!

The Ungury strawberry is good with Crystal Light Lemonaide.

http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm

You have to call them to get the sample packets shipment.

I prefer 4-ever-fit, from Vitamin world or Vitamin Shoppe. I have tried the mango, the black raspberry and the strawberry/kiwi.... the strawberry/kiwi is way more natural tasting than the nectar brand of the same flavor. In fact I just bought two big jugs of the stuff today. I got a 30% off coupon in the mail from Vitamin world. I also like to mix the flavors and make a punch flavor... I also ad my Fiber powder to it, and its quite nice. They even make Protein powders with all natural fruit flavors.(a little less Protein and a little more calories, but I bet they are good)

http://www.vitaminworld.com/protein-products-622/fruit-blast-isolate-protein-tropical-mango-077987

here is the email I got from them on how to order

We are currently offering a one time only, limit one per person special on the nectar ‘Variety Sampler’ containing 13 full serving packets of the following flavors: Apple Ecstasy, caribbean cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Lemon Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Roadside Lemonade, strawberry Kiwi, Twisted cherry, chocolate Truffle, strawberry Mousse, vanilla Bean Torte and Latte Cappuccino. The price is $13.00. The nectar Variety Sampler receives FREE SHIPPING and orders typically arrive in 2-5 business days via UPS Ground. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please give us a call at 866-333-7403 x 801. Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Central time.