Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I am having a Heart Attack!

Hoe many people feel like they are having a heart attack after eating?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Hoe many people feel like they are having a heart attack after eating?

• yes
    • no

Hi All,

Well most of the timje after eating I get this terrible chest pain very painful!! I exsperience it almost every day!! Most of the tijme it is followed shortly after with some food coming back up but sometimes not and it will eventually pass. I was told by my dietician that I need to stop eating before it gets to that point just when i feel pressure not pain but I haven't figured that out yet. If anyone has the same thinkg happening I would love to here your story. I am wide open and go for a fill on the 30th i wonder how much pain i will be in then??

Surgery 05/22/06

weight started-215

weight today-201.5:help:

Cheryl

A lot,if you dont eat less.....When I had a stack of complications,one the band being to high and I have no pouch...people kept saying eat less...I thought I was eating almost nothing anyway they were crazy....it took me months to realize I just had to eat less....even less.....less....

After the fill you will have to eat less than now...

I didnt get any pressure or any stop eating feeling.....only some time after I finished I would get a terrible pain that lasted for hours sometimes...

Now I just dont even attempt to eat more than a cup of food at a time...that is only if it is half Protein half vegetables....protein only..half a cup....sounds crazy....I should be at goal....alas....it also seems the less I eat,the slower I lose ...but at least no more pain with eating....

Cherg, I am sorry to hear that you are going through that even before your first fill, I got my fill a couple of days ago, My Dr told me to go back to liqiuds and mushies since there will be swelling x 24hrs however after the 24hrs I reverted to my old eating habits which was chilli soup..., boy did I get that pain, it felt like the food was refusing to go down causing the esophagus to spasm. it happened twice in two days, mainly in the evening, my friend told me to hold my breath and not drink Water, so I am back to mushies for now, GOOD LUCK!!!

What is the difference in what you are describeing and a PB? are they the same??? IT seems like to me, you have the pain becasue you have overeaten....atleast everything I read says that.

band June 21, 2006

weight.png

Cheryl you should talk to your surgeon before your fill. If you're in pain now it will only get worse after your fill. You need to slow down eating so you can feel the sign of getting full. It's not good for you to get that pain every day. It seems like it takes a long time for us to change our old eating habits. Eating slow, chewing well, taking time between bites takes time to change after years of bad habits. I know I only get that feeling when I eat too fast and don't chew it well enough.

Good luck with everything! You're doing well :)

Well I started today off with dreinking a Protein shaked in the am cause i no that i will get the protein in that way, but for lunch i just had a chicken salad and half of it came up, I don't recongize that full feeling before the pain, its so hard for me to tell i feel my belly being hungry so i continue to eat. So use to clearing my plate and something tasting so good you really wanna finish it. I no my answer i need to slow down chew better and eat less for some reason though i feel deprived when i eat less, i need to get over it.

Thanks all for the advice............

Cherly, try blending your food and see if the pain feeling wont go away, that way the food will go down smooth and you might get the full feeling before the pain, Hope it helps!! (By blending the taste remains the same its just the looks):hungry:

I had the same feeling and it turned out to be Acid reflux. I took Pepcid Ac one night and Zantac the next. It went away over night. This could be what you have. Good luck.

i don't think its acid reflux i have had that before and this is something real different that I have never felt since the surgery. I am ewither over eating or not chewing well enough its so hard to get out of the old habbits of eating alot and fast.

I know when I drink too fast it feel like a golfball is stuck! Just take your time. Do you use a lot of Salad Dressing to help it slide down? Or mayo to help the chicken slide down. that was some advice I was given- you want it moist and of course chew chew chew!

As others have said you probably should not get a fill yet. I didn't get a fill for a few months becuase I had initial restriction. I could not eat chicken anything for a long time, no matter how it is prepared. Someone already said mushies, go back to mushies and take a small bite, wait 2 minutes, take another bite and wait.

You are only a month out so those hard foods are going to be hard for some folks. Try the insides of a burrito, refried Beans, shredded lettuce, salasa, mushed meat.

Take it slow and good luck.