Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im not sure if I can go another 5 weeks on Mushies

I came up with a new mushy Idea today, Im probably not the first to do this but it certainly has helped. I have been getting sick of tuna, eggs, chicken salad, and was craving something different, I bought some low fat ricotta cheese, turkey pepperoni, pizza quick sauce, and pureed it with some garlic and red hot. I only used about a teaspoon of the sauce, and 4 or 5 slices of turkey pepperoni, but wow was this a pleasant treat once I microwaved it for 30 seconds. It didnt have the texture of pizza, and not the exact flavor, but it beat the hell out of another serving of egg salad!

Does anyone have any good ideas for pureed foods?

I would like to do something with shrimp, or crab meat. At this point I'll try anything that fits in my magic bullet.

I mix some mash potatoes in with my cottage cheese. Refried black Beans with cheese. Chili that is cooked really well and you can mush it down. I made a curry cauliflower and lentil Soup then put it in the mixer to puree it down.

Have you checked out egg faces blog? She has some great ideas I will attach the link to her mushies page.

The world according to Eggface

I have no ideas what you could do with shrimp or crab. Maybe check out some cooking sites and remove the carby sides.

Thanks for the tips, I just checked out egg face, saved it to my favorites.

I came up with a new mushy Idea today, Im probably not the first to do this but it certainly has helped. I have been getting sick of tuna, eggs, chicken salad, and was craving something different, I bought some low fat ricotta cheese, turkey pepperoni, pizza quick sauce, and pureed it with some garlic and red hot. I only used about a teaspoon of the sauce, and 4 or 5 slices of turkey pepperoni, but wow was this a pleasant treat once I microwaved it for 30 seconds. It didnt have the texture of pizza, and not the exact flavor, but it beat the hell out of another serving of egg salad!

Does anyone have any good ideas for pureed foods?

I would like to do something with shrimp, or crab meat. At this point I'll try anything that fits in my magic bullet.

I used alot of mashed pinto's and cheese and even put some avacodo (mashed) on top, you might use the crab with some avacodo.

I would give my first-born for some egg salad right now!! :P

Sunshine, I had a brain fart, I'm only on Mushies for another 3 weeks, which will be a total of 5 weeks on mushies. I have no idea why my Doctor wants me on mushies for 5 weeks, but he has been spot on thus far. I had very little pain after surgery, and no complications of kind, so If the doc says five weeks of mushies, then five weeks of mushies it is. I will say at this point I feel as though I could eat regular food, and the rebellious part of me that usually wins the war really wants some reg food, but I am going to be good. I have not had regular food since starting the pre op liquid diet on the 23rd of February, so going another few weeks will suck, but I'll make it through.

I start my pureed/mushies phase tomorrow and I can't wait! I've felt amazing on just the liquid diet but I am so ready for some pintos & cheese, soup...anything that has substance lol

I completely understand! That first meal of mushies was fantastic! I wanted, no CRAVED, refried Beans, cheddar cheese, a tiny bit of salsa and two saltines. HEAVEN!!!! Though I have on the advice of my nut only had one mushy meal a day to work my stomach in slowly. So far it's worked great as I fill up so fast!

I would give my first-born for some egg salad right now!! :P

Hahahaaa! Hilarious. I hear ya! I have 2 more days to go till I hit the mushies. Seems like years since my surgery. This liquid/full liquid diet is for the birds.

Hahahaaa! Hilarious. I hear ya! I have 2 more days to go till I hit the mushies. Seems like years since my surgery. This liquid/full liquid diet is for the birds.

Amen, sister! You're preaching to the choir!! :D:lol::D:lol:

I'm so excited for you!! :)