Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~*~How about Austin, Texas?~*~

hello moon goddess.

Sorry i don't know anything about them but i'd be willing to look for stuff online and send you what i find.

I'm in San Antonio TX. I'm having my surgery with the New Dimensions Clinic. I have my surgery on the 5th. There are alot of drs there to chose from. But i think i've heard a little about southwestbariatrics. I'll keep my ears and eyes open and let you know if i find out anything.

Good luck with the whole process.

I'm here if you want to talk to anyone close by.

I've also started the process with Southwest Bariatrics. Dr. Marquez is my surgeon. However, she's only done about 50 or so bands. You might want to call to find out how many bands the surgeon you select has done to ensure you're comfortable with him/her.

Thanks for the info July5forMe and I will be thinking of you in a few days when you begin your journey to the *new you*! Keep in touch, I am glad that I am meeting people in my area like you. Let me know how everything goes!

115180021144623.gif

I attended a couple of seminars given by two different surgeons, then I chose Dr. Marquez. There are 11 surgeons in the group to choose from and you can read their bios on their website: http://www.swbariatricsurgeons.com/. You can also go out to www.obesityhelp.com and read what their patients have to say about their experiences with a particular surgeon, the staff, and the hospital.

Randi~

Do you know how they assign you surgeon to you? Is it just random or can you pick the one that you want?

July5,

I'm also in San Antonio. I started off with New Dimensions, but they're out of Network for me. Who did you decide to go with for your surgery in that group and how did you go about choosing your doc?

hello moon goddess.

Sorry i don't know anything about them but i'd be willing to look for stuff online and send you what i find.

I'm in San Antonio TX. I'm having my surgery with the New Dimensions Clinic. I have my surgery on the 5th. There are alot of drs there to chose from. But i think i've heard a little about southwestbariatrics. I'll keep my ears and eyes open and let you know if i find out anything.

Good luck with the whole process.

I'm here if you want to talk to anyone close by.

hey Randi.

When i first went to the seminar they were not in my network. They recently became in network with United Healthcare, that's who i'm with. It took awhile for the whole process. About 2 1/2 months.

I chose the doctor i felt most comfortable with. Dr. Seger is the one i chose. He's easy for me to talk to and he's very straight forward with all of his answers.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated about my whole process. I have only Today and 3 more days till my surgery date. I get more and more nervous everyday.

July5,

I think Dr. Seger was the surgeon I met at the seminar I attended last year. If it's the same person, he was brand new to the group last June. Do you know the total number of lapbands surgeries he's performed since joining the group?

hey Randi.

When i first went to the seminar they were not in my network. They recently became in network with United Healthcare, that's who i'm with. It took awhile for the whole process. About 2 1/2 months.

I chose the doctor i felt most comfortable with. Dr. Seger is the one i chose. He's easy for me to talk to and he's very straight forward with all of his answers.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated about my whole process. I have only Today and 3 more days till my surgery date. I get more and more nervous everyday.

Hello Randi, I did my banding recently with the Wish center my Dr and hospital staff were wonderful, I woke up with no pain, never took pain medication, I am an RN, and I think he did a good job the scars are so small to non-existance, except obviously the port one, but so far so good...:clap2: GOOD LUCK

Freebekie,

The Wish Center is also out of network for me. However, the surgeon -- Rajashiwala is in network. I haven't quite figured that one out yet.

Hey Randi.

Dr Seger is still the new guy there. but he has been a general surgeon for awhile now.

I just felt comfortable with him.

As far as the dr being in network but the clinic not. That is a hard one to figure out. I had the same experience.

Usually the reason is the doctor is not only a lap band surgeon but also a general surgeon. He's in network if you need general surgery but as far as the lapband he is not contracted with the insurance company to do that.

The insurance companies really aren't that much help. If you call the clinics they usually know or can find out.

The surgeon will also have a tax id number for general surgery and another for the lap band.

You can get the lap band tax id number then check with the insurance company.

Following is an email I received from a facility in San Antonio. I don't know anything about them, but thought I would pass it on since Austin isn't "too far" form San Antonio.

EMAIL: Please feel free to call us here in the San Antonio, Texas clinic toll free at 1-888-870-9474 ext. 103 at any time to schedule your appointment or to get specific information about our program.

At this time the WISH San Antonio, Texas office is having a LAP BAND special of $10,700.00 dollars for cash or financed patients which includes a temporary reduction of $250.00 off the first visit pricing. Of course, this price is also available for those who do not have insurance or for those whose insurance will not cover this procedure. The pricing for Open Gastric Bypass is currently $20,800.00 which includes the $250.00 discount off the first visit pricing. This special pricing includes the first appointment, pre-operative appointment, WISH surgeon and assistant surgeon fees, one night hospital stay, anesthesiologist, 2-week after surgery appointment, 3-month after surgery appointment, 6 month after surgery appointment and 1 year after surgery appointment. For Lap Band patients the pricing does not include the lap adjustments. The first lap adjustment is usually about 6 weeks after surgery and is at a cost of $105.00. Please be aware that pricing is subject to change without notice.

Your first appointment can last anywhere from 4-6 hours as it is a very thorough appointment with some testing being completed. Once you complete your 1st appointment you will be required to work on some goals over the next 6-8 weeks (this can vary by patient). When you complete your 1st appointment we will also schedule your pre-operative appointment (6-8 weeks out) and if you are an out-of-state or out-of-town patient, in most cases we will also schedule your surgery for the day after your pre-operative appointment.

A few options for financing are noted below:

- www.capitalonehealthcarefinance.com or 1-877-559-5050

- www.surgeryloans.com or 1-888-502-8020

- www.MedLoanFinance.com or 1-800-504-4053

- www.mymedicalfinancing.com or 1-800-728-9585

- APF financing at 1-800-392-5189

The WISH San Antonio office is currently in network with:

- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal PPO (out of network for HMO but we do accept)

- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and POS (out of network for HMO but we do accept)

- Humana of Texas PPO and HMO

- Tricare (with a referral)

- Texas TrueChoice

- First Health Network

- Galaxy Health Network

- CCN

If your insurance is not noted above we would most likely be out-of-network. We would accept your insurance (exception is Medicaid and Medicare) but you would be using your out-of-network benefits, if available to you.

We have two surgeons here at the WISH Center in San Antonio, Texas, Dr. Jorge Rincon and Dr. Paresh Rajajoshiwala. When you go to our website you may read more about their credentials under the topic “surgeons.”

Thanks again for your interest in the WISH Center and we look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Brenda S. Mendoza

WISH Center

Office Manager

7333 Barlite Blvd., Suite 380

San Antonio, TX 78224

(888) 870-9474

(210) 932-9474 ext. 107

(210) 932-9476 fax

bmendoza@wishcenter.org

Do you have a count on the number of lapband surgeries he's performed? I researched him on OH, but he was only listed for RNY procedures and had no lapbands to his credit. But, the site is probably not as up-to-date as it could be.

Hey Randi.

Dr Seger is still the new guy there. but he has been a general surgeon for awhile now.

I just felt comfortable with him.

As far as the dr being in network but the clinic not. That is a hard one to figure out. I had the same experience.

Usually the reason is the doctor is not only a lap band surgeon but also a general surgeon. He's in network if you need general surgery but as far as the lapband he is not contracted with the insurance company to do that.

The insurance companies really aren't that much help. If you call the clinics they usually know or can find out.

The surgeon will also have a tax id number for general surgery and another for the lap band.

You can get the lap band tax id number then check with the insurance company.

no Randi i don't know the exact number of lapband procedures that he has done.

He is a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, American Society of Bariatric Surgeons, Bexar County Medical Society, and the American Medical Association. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery.

He's only been with the clinic for about a year. But his past experiences are in laproscopic procedures. He is known for being able to perform procedures with little or no invasive incisions. I felt he would provide me with the best experience and an easier healing period.