Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Still Have Your Gall Bladder?

Do you still have your gall bladder?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still have your gall bladder?

• Yes, my gall bladder is healthy.
    • Yes, but I may be having problems.
    • No, I had it out before having surgery.
    • No, I had it out after having surgery.

I had mine out 3 years ago, long before I got the band. I am fat, but not 40. I was only 27. But it runs in my family. My sister was 17, and she's not fat and doesn't fit into any of those risk factors. I didn't have stones, mine just wasn't working at all and was full of sludge. I was sick for years before I finally found a doctor to figure out what was wrong with me.

I had mine out and its going to be almost two years to the date of when my lapband surgery will be. No one in my family has a problem with their gallbladder. I am just lucky!! I such horrible attacks and I couldn't eat. I was sooo nauseas!!! I lost weight and was soo sick before I had it out but thank g-d the recovery after was easy. I hope that when I have the LB it will be as easy of a recovery.

Yay I still have mine.

My doctor put me on 6 months of Actigall to try to bring my chance of gallstones down to under 3%. Apparently, WLS result in gallstones about 30% of the time, and he uses actigall with all his wls patients.

Taken out in 1996 at the age of 32.

Mine is soon to come out, just got the results today after a few attacks 3 weeks ago.

Hey St. Louis Lady. I have also had a hysterectomy, fair, fat, over forty, not fertile, definitely female. I am having some issues with pain under right shoulder blade, thinking it is kidney stones. never occured to me that it might be gall bladder until reading up on some others. thanks for info. I am 1 year post lap band.

That could well be gall bladder pain. Mine was like a huge labor pain that lasted for a couple of hours. It rotated from the center front all the way around to the back, very painful. It didn't take me long to decide to have the thing removed.

Good luck, I hope they figure out what is going on soon.

Hey St. Louis Lady. I have also had a hysterectomy, fair, fat, over forty, not fertile, definitely female. I am having some issues with pain under right shoulder blade, thinking it is kidney stones. never occured to me that it might be gall bladder until reading up on some others. thanks for info. I am 1 year post lap band.

Definitely get it checked out. I have had gallstones (and gallbladder removal) as well as a kidney stone since banding. Both pains felt very similar, the only difference I noticed, it the kidney stone pain was a bit lower and made me nauseous.

I have been lucky so far and have not had any problems. However my wife has been having problems for at least a year. The doctor said that about 35% of all people who get banded end up haveing to have it removed. She is going to have it removed next week and at the same time will make sure that here band is in good shape as well.

Chris

got mine and fine as far as i know.

but my brother had is took out.

I had mine out 26 years ago .... 3 HUGE gallstones were killing me. My doctor told me stone forming was an inherited tendency. I don't know if that's really true, but my Dad had gallstones and also had kidney stones several times.