Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upper arm compression sleeves?

I've always had huge upper arms. It's always bothered me and I've never been able to comfortably wear sleeveless clothing in public. I know that I'll eventually have to get a brachioplasty (I'm fine with the big scar if I can wear the clothes I want). I'm thinking some type of a upper arm compression garment would help. Anyone else use one? I'm hoping it'll minimize the extra skin. I'm just thinking that while I'm working out and just going through my day it keeps hanging there and bouncing around (gross lol). I'm just thinking it might be getting worse. I'm 27 so I hope it'll get a little better, but let's be realistic. I've been overweight/obese my entire life, so it's not going to be perfect and I don't expect it to be. I'm thinking of just using Ace wraps while working out, but I'd like to find something I can wear under my clothes to give a little extra support in that area. Hey, we wear Spanx to help hold together out tummies and thighs, why not our flabby arms too?

Hi..I also suffer with the same problem..I do not feel comfortable when i wear sleeveless shirts because I feel like all eyes are on my big arms!!! I have not been sleeved yet (march 16th is my date):D so I think I am gonna try and find something to keep these arms from getting too flabby as I begin to shed pounds. Please let me know if you come across some type of compression garment for the arms because it will be getting warm soon and it will look real funny 2 be wrapped like a mummy in the summer time

I'll keep you posted! I've seen a few online. One wraps around almost like a shrug, but it goes really high up on the back of the neck, so I'm thinking it will show alot. There are others that are just sleeves you pull on and you could roll them so they don't show under short sleeves, but I'm not sure how they would work. I'm debating on going to the fabric store to get some spandex and making my own. I'll let you know what I can come up with.

I saw a girl in a store and she had what looked like a piece of panty hose around her upper arm. I'm not sure why as she didn't look obese but it's quite possible she had recently lost a lot of weight. It looked like the control top part. I suppose if you have a sewing machine it would be simple to make some inexpensive compression garments out of that...?

Hey guys, I just ordered one of these today because I swear by wearing a compression garment. I am not sure how much they help really with the extra skin, but I know I work out about 10 times better when I am not flopping all around and feel nice and secure. So maybe something like this could help with your arms. It's similar to the one Spanx sells, but with sleeves and a little cheaper, but the even 3x is really not as big as you would think, so check the sizing chart first to see if this is an option.

Check it Out!!

I have the same issues, it bothers me alot that my upper arms are so heavy.. I dont wear tank tops or anything revealing, and I must say I really hope I can one day feel comfortable and secure with the way I look to wear what I want also.

I worry about skin too as I have not had me sleeve yet. However, my friend had bypass surgery in late December as has used compression garments and thinks it has helped reduce the amount of sagging skin. I mean her breast have remained perky and she has little extra skin on her thighs and although her belly was the biggest part of her body it is fairly tight. She does work out but she doesnt lift weights. I must say I am online shopping for mine now. I will definately need it for my arms and thighs.

TStew, the girl you saw in the store could also have been a breast cancer survivor. Sometimes these patients contract a condition called lymphedema and they have to wear the compression garments every day. The concept of compression garments for WLS patients is a good one, and I saw another thread on here with a lot of information on places where they could be purchased. I know I will need something like that and the suggestion of using them for exercise that I say above sounds great. I love this forum; there is so much good information and encouraging words. Thanks to all who post here.

Good post ladies! Thank you for the great information.

I have the same problem ... It's in my genes... even in my thinner days i didn't feel confident show my arms in public .... anyway ..

well i'm not sleeved yet.... but knowing how I feel about my arm I been checking out compression garments on youtube and the one that consistly gets Great Reviews is made by Slimpressions :thumb: .. check it out on youtube and/or go to there website !!! I hope this helps .. Good Luck!!!

Ladies, I am in the same boat and HATE my arms! BAT wings don't even start it for me. I bought one of the shirts with sleeves and LOVE IT!! It's by maiden form and it was pretty cheap for what they are. They made me look so much thinner in my arms. It's a compression also because i can see the seam imprint on my arn when i take them off but it's lightweight and confortable. I'll send the link but to let you know, I found one on ebay for a few less dollars!

http://www.maidenform.com/SearchResultsNewFeaturedView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10550&langId=-1&searchKeyword=arm

Good luck!!