Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The story of an impatient chick in Kansas City

Guess who called me today! Jan! I won't go into all the gory details except to ask, does she always sound so condescending? She didn't bring up our earlier conversation.

My appointment is April 11. That is all that matters, right? :)

Because Jan could care less about the patients and its obvious she hates her job. IMO

Because Jan could care less about the patients and its obvious she hates her job. IMO

That is so sad. For Jan, but especially for all the people who she turns away with her attitude.

Guess who called me today! Jan! I won't go into all the gory details except to ask, does she always sound so condescending? She didn't bring up our earlier conversation.

My appointment is April 11. That is all that matters, right? :)

Yeah, another person on April 11th that must be sleeve day here in the Greater KC area! I can't wait for mine an also so we can all compare our experiences with the different offices. I am paying more for my Self Pay at Mally but I have had nothing but awesome experiences with everyone there so far an immediate call backs. But it is amazing the cost difference with the 3 WLS clinics. Weight-loss Surgical Center quoted $17,900 Malley $16,500 and Dr. Hoen looks like right at $12,000 and all of these offices are relatively close. So check around no matter where you live.

So, I had my Pre-Op appt yesterday at Menorah. It looks like a great, clean hospital with friendly people and they have WI-Fi in the rooms, YIPPEE! That is great for a computer tech addicted to the Internet girl like me.

Today I went for my Pre-Op appt at Mally with Dr. Fearing. While it was a wallet shock to dish-out the $16,500 today I did find out some good news. Part of the pre-pay covers Bliss insurance for 90 days incase anything bad were to hapen, although I pray it does not. I am not sure if my medical insurance would have picked up any of the costs since i was not able to be approved through them since I was under a 40 BMI so it is nice to know I am covered with Bliss for the 90 days.

Anyway, I was given a thumbs up for my surgery on Monday so another YIPPEE!!! I am so ready for this. Went an bought me a light weight robe and some slippers tonight for the hospital so I am good to go. Plus I picked up some Biotene Moisturizing Mouth Spray and after reading a lot of posts about dry mouth, I am hoping it will help with that. I have everything else I need so I am so ready!

So long story short if you are in the Greater Kansas City area thinking about surgery and are self-pay look into your options and make sure they have things like Bliss to cover you.

So, I had my Pre-Op appt yesterday at Menorah. It looks like a great, clean hospital with friendly people and they have WI-Fi in the rooms, YIPPEE! That is great for a computer tech addicted to the Internet girl like me.

Today I went for my Pre-Op appt at Mally with Dr. Fearing. While it was a wallet shock to dish-out the $16,500 today I did find out some good news. Part of the pre-pay covers Bliss insurance for 90 days incase anything bad were to hapen, although I pray it does not. I am not sure if my medical insurance would have picked up any of the costs since i was not able to be approved through them since I was under a 40 BMI so it is nice to know I am covered with Bliss for the 90 days.

Anyway, I was given a thumbs up for my surgery on Monday so another YIPPEE!!! I am so ready for this. Went an bought me a light weight robe and some slippers tonight for the hospital so I am good to go. Plus I picked up some Biotene Moisturizing Mouth Spray and after reading a lot of posts about dry mouth, I am hoping it will help with that. I have everything else I need so I am so ready!

So long story short if you are in the Greater Kansas City area thinking about surgery and are self-pay look into your options and make sure they have things like Bliss to cover you.

Congratulations! Keep us posted how it all goes! Just curious, what size bouge are they using on you?

Congratulations! Keep us posted how it all goes! Just curious, what size bouge are they using on you?

Hey- I am having mine at the same place- they say they use a 32- 34- depending on the person and surgery- Mystee can't wait to see how urs goes monday- I go on the 18th to get my EGB done and then surgery on the 2nd of May!

I was going to ask today and I forgot. So I am not sure what size they are using.

I can't believe how fast all of this has gone.

I hate that any one is having issues but I must say that the staff (as well as Dr. Hoehn of course) have been nothing but the best! I had very high standards going in, based off of a friend's experience there, and they have surpassed those expectations with every phone conversation, email, and visit. I am a self pay patient with surgery tomorrow!

I hope everything works out for you, as I'm sure it will.

I hate that any one is having issues but I must say that the staff (as well as Dr. Hoehn of course) have been nothing but the best! I had very high standards going in, based off of a friend's experience there, and they have surpassed those expectations with every phone conversation, email, and visit. I am a self pay patient with surgery tomorrow!

I hope everything works out for you, as I'm sure it will.

I was going to ask today and I forgot. So I am not sure what size they are using.

I can't believe how fast all of this has gone.

I asked just today- they said 32 mostly but in some cases they use a 34-

So happy to find KC folks! I actually went this morning for surgery and at the last second had to reschedule due to a financial issue. Was bummed but everything is sorted out now and I'm waiting for my new date. Has been a very emotional last 48 hours. I love the idea of meeting up. I'm in Liberty and can't make it to the monthly support group meetings due to work.

I just found out I can extend my Bliss coverage for $52 to cover certain things for 18 months. I jumped right on that.

So glad to find some KC people. I was scheduled for my sleeve this morning and showed up to find out that due to a financial issue (which is now resolved) I have to reschedule. I should have my new date tomorrow so I'm just hoping it isn't too far out. I'm so ready!!! Bring on more liquid diet and magnesium citrate...blah!

I love the idea of meeting up. I'm in Liberty. I wanted to go to the monthly support group meetings (my doctor is Hoehn) but I can't make it there in time due to work.

Best wishes to you all. I absolutely love this site and have gained so much knowledge and inspiration from you all!

Hello all! I'm new here and just wanted to check in and see what others thought about the sleeve. I originally was leaning toward the band, but went to the KC bariatrics seminar with Dr. Hoehn and now I'm considering the sleeve. Any thoughts? My friend has the band, done by Kowalski, and she did have issues with the port flipping in the begining so it set her back a couple months, but now she loves it. My thing with the band is, what if it needs to be replaced years down the road because it's man made, etc. The sleeve is just my own body part, just smaller. What to do? I think I'll be going with Hoehn, they both seem nice, but I just have a better feeling about him. I'm hoping my insurance will cover it, I am low on the BMI scale, a 33, but do have medical issues so it's kind of a long shot but I'll give it a try! I'm 5'4" and weigh 193lbs. I've been overweight for over 14 years and for a couple years was at 205. I was always skinny till I graduated from high school and had a baby. Now I have PCOS, bad knees, cholesterol issues, fatty liver etc. I've tried to lose weight by eating right and going to the gym but nothing happens!! So frustrating! Anyway, I would just like to hear others stories and thoughts about the sleeve and why you decided to go with that instead of the band or bypass.

Hello all! I'm new here and just wanted to check in and see what others thought about the sleeve. I originally was leaning toward the band, but went to the KC bariatrics seminar with Dr. Hoehn and now I'm considering the sleeve. Any thoughts? My friend has the band, done by Kowalski, and she did have issues with the port flipping in the begining so it set her back a couple months, but now she loves it. My thing with the band is, what if it needs to be replaced years down the road because it's man made, etc. The sleeve is just my own body part, just smaller. What to do? I think I'll be going with Hoehn, they both seem nice, but I just have a better feeling about him. I'm hoping my insurance will cover it, I am low on the BMI scale, a 33, but do have medical issues so it's kind of a long shot but I'll give it a try! I'm 5'4" and weigh 193lbs. I've been overweight for over 14 years and for a couple years was at 205. I was always skinny till I graduated from high school and had a baby. Now I have PCOS, bad knees, cholesterol issues, fatty liver etc. I've tried to lose weight by eating right and going to the gym but nothing happens!! So frustrating! Anyway, I would just like to hear others stories and thoughts about the sleeve and why you decided to go with that instead of the band or bypass.

Go to a few different seminars- there are several out there- to get a good feel for where is best for you. :)