Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post op today

I am 2 weeks post op today and feeling better each day. Then it hit, I started my period and I feel terrible. I have cramps worse then I had back in my teens and very heavy bleeding with lots of clots. I am wondering if this is due to the stress my body has been under due to surgery or maybe the blood clotting shot I received in the hospital. Has anybody else had this happen right after surgery and does it continue for the next few cycles?

My period seemed different too. I would like to know the same as you .

My first cycle after surgery was horrible! I am on bc pills so was not sure if it was the surgery or going off bc and then back on a 3 weeks later. My period was super heavy with lots of clots. It grossed me out! It lasted 7days when normally my period lasts 3-4 days. I also had bad cramping. I am wondering if it is because of all the rapid weight loss as well as the trauma of surgery. I hope my next cycle is not that bad though!

OH my, I just posted this same ? on the Whatcha eatin? post! I'm 3 months out and my periods are so bad now! My PMS is now EXTREME, lasting for 2 weeks and wanting to bite the heads off of everyone, and the cramps oh just put a knife in my tummy and rip it out! I think it must have something to do with the rapid weight loss and the amount of estrogen out fat cells are releasing! I read that somewhere, but have no idea where, so please do not ask! I read so much about WLS and the affects it has on our bodies and I have been for over 2 years since I got my band! this little bits just pop back into my head now and then!!!

But WHY WHY WHY, I have so much work to do today and I cannot think about it with the pain I am in!!!!

Ok crying over, back to work!

Patti

I am on birth control pills. After surgery, I started my period the same day in the hospital. It wasn't due for 2 more weeks. On top of all the nausea and pain, I had to deal with a heavy period which caused severe headaches during my hospital stay. The doc said the surgery had shocked my body into having a period and the blood thinners didn't help either. Needless to say, I tossed out my birth control pills and am waiting for the next cycle to come around before I start taking them again. I am NOT looking forward to the next period because all indications say it will be bad.

Good the hear it's not only me. 1 week out and got my period, I'm on nuva-ring and shouldn't be due until the 21st!

Well, I take it this way: normailly we lose more weight right after our period, right?