Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I dye my hair?

Hello fellow sleevers,

I am 6 1/2 mths post op now and my hair is still falling out albeit slower than at first. i have noticed an abundance of grey hair coming through, both on the regrowth and on the longer, older hair.

My question then, is simple, should I dye my hair - to get rid of the pesky grey - or leave it a while longer?

As you can see from my avatar pic, it is non descript mousy brown colour... Hmmm not sure what to do!

my hair has thinned out but I still dye mine. I dye it red otherwise it would be silver/white/brown

I don't notice any difference of how quickly it comes out before or after I dye, but everyone is different and I had thick hair to begin with..

I am about 7 months post

good luck

Hello fellow sleevers,

I am 6 1/2 mths post op now and my hair is still falling out albeit slower than at first. i have noticed an abundance of grey hair coming through, both on the regrowth and on the longer, older hair.

My question then, is simple, should I dye my hair - to get rid of the pesky grey - or leave it a while longer?

As you can see from my avatar pic, it is non descript mousy brown colour... Hmmm not sure what to do!

Coloring your hair will help you look better and feel better! I own a salon wildorchidsthesalon@yahoo.com and been doing hair for 35 years. It will not make your hair fall out any more! Good luck

PINK holy cow! Thats fun. Since I have lost a good 40-45% of my hair I opted to not have the three color process I normally have my stylist do on my hair every 6 weeks. I instead just used a temporary color from a box I picked up at the drug store. I just thought the less I do to it the better right now. My hair grows so fast that I have to color pretty often. I actually need my roots done around every 4-5 weeks but I stretch it to 6 because it gets so expensive. I thought maybe the next three or so months I can just use this off the shelf color until I see some regrowth.

I say do it!!! I agree with with wildorchids, I always feel better after a new color and style! Go for it :)

I also say do it. I just put some red color in mine (normally I'm a medium brown) ... made me feel a bit sassier to go with the new body and wardrobe.

Have fun with it! :)

I say go for it. I think your hair will look a bit thicker with color, too! You can add some highlights to give it dimension... post pics after you are done! :)

Thanks ladies... I will have a look over the weekend for a semi permanent colour... I am thinking a chestnut brown or perhaps lighter... and yea you're right... it does make me feel better, I was just a lil worried! These greys are not good!! x

I found this article on-line. It may help you decide a color that is right for you. http://beauty.about....a/pickcolor.htm

Is this the color you are thinking? If so, from your avatar, I think it would look great!!!!

http://www.guciimage.com/store/images/P/Picture%20453.jpg

I found this article on-line. It may help you decide a color that is right for you. http://beauty.about....a/pickcolor.htm

Is this the color you are thinking? If so, from your avatar, I think it would look great!!!!

http://www.guciimage...cture%20453.jpg

Hey Mini... that colour is lovely... right kinda shade but perhaps a tad too red... I have readt the other article and by the sounds of it I am 'cool' so best to stay away from reds??? I was right that semi permanent is the way forward... once my hair has stopped falling out I will get some blonde thorugh it too.... looking forward to the weekend now!

I am also thinking of a restyle now mainly cos of the how fine it is but also cos I now have a neck...lol =]

I'm a cool too, but my hair has natural red highlights when I am in the sun ... that's why I decided on a hint of red in my hair.

I had a very thick head of hair before surgery. While people still talk about how thick it is, I can tell that it is thinner. I recently had mine chopped quite a bit (also to show of my "new" neck). I can't tell from your picture, but is it a one-length bob? If so, you might want to consider some long layers (think Tea Leoni from the movie The Family Man). I did that & it gave back that full look and feel.

Can't wait to see what you decide to do ... Pictures are a MUST!!!!

I am pretty much a natural redhead but with too many freaking whites rearing their ugliness...I go with a medium auburn that puts me pretty close to my natural color so I don't have to do the roots too often. I started coloring mine about 4 weeks after surgery. The whites were getting way to bad. My hair had been coming out even prior to surgery so I started taking Biotin. I have noticed that it is not coming out as much now. I have been growing my hair out for 1 1/2 years so I am getting so ready for a new hair style.