Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sebastian River Support Group meets the fourth Tuesday of every month at 6pm at Sebastian River Medical Center in the main dining hall (same place where the Sebastian River Medical Center seminar is). Dr. Williams (left) is the group facilatator. If you are thinking about having the surgery and want to talk directly with some patients that have already undergone either the band or the sleeve surgery please attend one of the monthly support groups. They are a great way to meet other people and learn about their experience first hand.

Anyone of Dr. Domkowski's pt's experience any problems with his office before surgery?? I have had like every other appt rescheduled by their office for 1 reason or another and they always call at the last minute.. didnt know if it was habit or just me....

Anyone of Dr. Domkowski's pt's experience any problems with his office before surgery?? I have had like every other appt rescheduled by their office for 1 reason or another and they always call at the last minute.. didnt know if it was habit or just me....

I was only rescheduled once because he had an emergency. I sometimes think that he has a more hectic schedule because he is a general surgeon as well as bariatric. If I were you, I'd ask why this is happening so often. The office staff always seems very obliging. Maybe they'll explain.

Nope, never had any issues, but there was times where I did have to wait a long time, but the last few times I went to see him I did not have to wait very long at all.

I've never been rescheduled, although I did have a long wait for my last pre-op appt. I was an add-on because I had so many other medical issues that Dr D wanted to re-address before surgery. I had to have another procedure done before he could do my surgery.

That said, everyone I have spoken to has sung Dr D's praises. He is apparently VERY picky about how his patients are treated and Sebastian River makes sure that you know they will do whatever it takes to keep you pain-free and healthy while you're in their hospital. I've never seen such an attentive nursing staff at any hospital...and I've had a good bit of experience with being in-patient for different things recently.

The support group is great, too. Getting to talk to the other patients and hear their experiences is awesome! :)

Well today he apologized profusely and was very sincere... I got my band deflated (unfilled) my surgery scheduled , my post op scheduled, my surgery authorized and my clearance from PCP, Cardio and Rheumatologist ALL TODAY!!! I'm so excited... November 22 is just around the corner and I am stoked!! I feel like celebrating... I asked Dr. D about the Palm Bay supoprt group and he did not advocate it saying it is not run by any "professionals affiliated with his program therefore he could not endorse it" but that his is and suggested I go. SO i am going to try and attend the next one if time/schedule permits...

Been watching all the youtube videos and that is so encouraging.. even the bad ones about people that were not successfull or had problems.. I look at it as knowledge on what not to do etc...

Thanks for understanding and the encouragement along this journey.... really means a lot!:D:D

Well, I'm almost two months post op now, and I still adore Dr. D and his staff!! My appointments have always been fairly quick to get in and he takes his time for all your questions. I truthfully still don't know if I should hug him, kiss his feet, or just bow down and say "I'm not worthy!" He keeps telling me that I don't have to do any of that, but I literally feel that he saved my life.

Went to the support group meeting last night in Sebastian and it had been canceled last minute. Those of us who were there decided to have our own meeting, and it was great! We got to really talk about our experiences and ask questions that might be considered TMI if the psychologist was there. I really enjoyed the group of folks that I have met at these meetings and I make every effort to get to them.