Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had their surgery done by Dr. Domkowski? If so please let me know because thats my doctor and you can share your experience with me,

I just saw him today, how's everything going for you?

With my insurance I have to do a 6 month weight loss program first and then I'll have the surgery.

I had to do that also. I'm finally sleeved and I get to see him tomorrow to get my drain out. I'll be honest the first week for me sucked! I hated it, it made me rethink what I did. But after seeing I lost 12 pounds since Tuesday! Made me feel awesome! You will have gas pain and sometimes it's not bad, other times it's worst. You will also get nausus from drinking medicine or some liquids but if you take a bunch of deep breaths it should pass in like 15 seconds. And WALK! walk as much as possible! It really help the healing process move faster. And drink lots of Protein. If you have any questions please let me know! :)

Has anyone had their surgery done by Dr. Domkowski? If so please let me know because thats my doctor and you can share your experience with me,

2 Weeks post-op with Dr. D. My first week was hard. But nothing to do with the Doctor. Just had to get the body up and going. Would love to talk if you need to. He seems to be a wonderful man. He always listened to everything I had to say, and never made me feel silly for asking.

~S

How are you feeling now? I have my surgery on April 29 and I am nervous and excited. Any hints?

How are you feeling now? I have my surgery on April 29 and I am nervous and excited. Any hints?

Not sure who you were referring too. I am now almost 6 weeks out. (In 2 days) Anyway, I have lost 39 pounds LOVE that! Still not getting in all of my Protein or my Water. I really "feel" that I need both, but there's just not enough room in my stomach. I go back to Dr. D tomorrow, so we'll see what he has to say. He's an excellent Doc, and I am sure you will be happy with him. So happy to be back on real food.

Just remember...the first week is gonna be rough, but each and every day gets better.

Here if you want to talk or have questions

Hi There,

Well, I'll be sleeved by Dr. D on Tuesday. I am having my band removed, and then the sleeve done. Everyone I've spoken to seems to love him. Hope I feel the same on Wed!LOL

I was sleeved by Dr. Domkowski on the 19th of April. I think he is great! I never experienced the shoulder gas that many many people had. I asked him about this, and he said that he found if he heats the Co2 that they use in surgery, the gas pain isn't as bad. He is definately right. I did have gas pains after surgery of course, but nothing that couldn't be handled with a pain pill. He is caring, and wants you to ask him absolutey anything. You will have to have a drain in for a week. He is very definate about this. I tried to weasle my way out of it, but he wouldn't budge. I survived it. Honestly, I have had a very easy time of it, and I had a lapband removed and then the sleeve done. Eating has not been a problem at all. So far so good. Incision pain was quite minimal. You will do just fine. You're in good hands.

Graystonia - How exciting to have the surgery date scheduled. Things are progressing on my end. 8 weeks out this coming Tues. Still making some adjustments to my routine, but have NO regrets with having the surgery. July will be here before you know it.

I figured I would start a VLOG if anyone wants to check it out:

First one was long and you can hardly hear me sometimes.

I'll try and do better the next time.

Dr. D is my doctor too! I was banded in Mexico in 3/10 and Dr. D has taken care of me ever since. He is the most caring and patient doctor I have ever been to. I am having my band removed and revision to VSG surgery with him on 6/17. Although I am within 10 lbs of my goal with the band, we both agree that the and isn't working for me at all. I have had more fills/unfills than I can count. I am so looking forward to a better quality of life with the sleeve! I will update you all and wish you all good luck in your journey!

Dr. D is my doctor to- I am having my band out and sleeve done in Nov. He did not do my band another local physician did. Being in the medical field myself I KNOW he is an excellent physician and I am glad there are others on here before me- Do any of you do or attend a support group?? I have my appt with the dietician in 2 weeks. Very excited to get to know all of you and continued blessings for the best of luck on your own individual journies!

He is not my doc but there is a guy (mrsmileyfl) that went to him and says alot about him.