Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Needing ideas for Low Carb while on full liquids/Mushies

I am finding out that I definately lose better while I cut the carbs. Right now I am on the full liquids/mushies stages. What do you recommend for this stage that is low carb and if you have any recipes, please share them.

For mushies/puree stage, I was allowed to have soft, blended meats. So I stuck with chicken, tuna and egg salad. I would make it with nonfat plain greek yogurt and a little sprinkle of the dry ranch dressing. I would occasionally mix it with mayo or miracle whip, but if I had greek yogurt that's how I mixed it.

Refried Beans are a good option. Carby, but full of Protein and Fiber which your colon will appreciate. I added greek yogurt to Beans too. A wedge of laughing cow cheese too.

Chili, beef or turkey can be blended.

Tiffykin's suggestions are great! Right now my nut. has me slowly progressing towards meat, so I usually have a meal that consists of greek yogurt, a hard-boiled egg, or cottage cheese. My meals are pretty simple at this point :rolleyes:. However, there are some great suggestions over at http://theworldaccor...e.blogspot.com/ that I can't wait to try later. Almost all of them are low carb, and they look superyums.

Oops, here's the link to the pureed foods section: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

During this phase I ate a lot of pureed Beans, meats w/lite mayo - I didn't really mix things up a whole lot. I knew (being previously banded) that this phase won't last forever. I just had to stick with my recommended meals until I'm ready to start eating normal foods again.

Here is something good though, rotisserie chicken, puree'd with lite mayo (skinless of course!!). Now that's some good stuff! Super juicy and tasty. :)

I am going to go get me a rotisserie chicken and make me a "chicken salad" of some sorts and see how long I can live off of that one chicken!! I have some Beans so I may cook them down also!! Thanks!!

Question: Lentils... I hear an awful lot about refried Beans, but nothing about lentils. Has anyone had any experience with lentils at the mushies stage?

I got the go ahead on Monday to proceed to the mushies, but have been afraid and am still on the liquids until I can work up the courage to move ahead. I am trying to psyche myself up to try some different things, and thought that the lentils might be a good thing to try.

Some lentils have the tough skin like the greenish ones, and some soft skins, like the tiny orange ones... I would think if they really cook down to a smooth paste, then they would be just fine. You can get skinned dried fava Beans in middle eastern stores too, they cook down smooth. Garbanzo beans can be blended like in Hummus...

If you live near a Trader Joes they sell a fabulous masala lentil dip made from red lentils and mild Indian spices in the refrigerated section. It is very smooth and yummy if you like Indian food. That will definitely be on my list of foods to eat when I get to the mushies stage. I might try to replicate the recipe at home if I find it's still yummy after surgery. I'm only a few days post op so mushies stage seems vey far away!

Ricotta cheese with a little garlic salt, spaghetti sauce, and mozzrella or parmesan on top (microwaved) always made me very happy. :)

Ricotta cheese with a little garlic salt, spaghetti sauce, and mozzrella or parmesan on top (microwaved) always made me very happy. :)

Someone else recommended this and I am going to try that tonight!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches