Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After surgery, I am looking forward to...

doing things I can't do/haven't done in a long time. To keep me motivated, I made a list. Here's mine, what's yours? People who have already had surgery, what have you done?

I am looking forward to:

Saving money on food and buying clothes instead

Fitting into my ski pants and parka and going skiing

Having a massage without worrying I might break the table

Running outdoors

Fitting into an airline seat or an amusement park ride with room to spare

Eating something in public without feeling like people are looking at me and thinking, "She doesn't need to be eating that."

Having smaller boobs

Meeting new people because now I am embarassed about how I look

Cleaning the fat clothes out of my closet

Wearing a bathing suit in a color other than black--heck, wearing anything that isn't dark and shapeless!

Hey, Foxbins! Good idea! Here's mine!

Feeling sexy and appealing to myself, let alone my hubby! (he's never said anything, but I don't get the whistles and butt pinches I used to! ;o)

Going clothes shopping because it's fun, not because I've "outgrown" my current clothes.

Being physically able to run

My feet and knees to stop hurting all day, every day.

To see my feet when I'm standing up and look down!

To tie my tennis shoes without huffing and puffing.

To play with my kids!

To enjoy our vacations!! Our last trip to Disney World in September, I was physically miserable. So sad to be in the "happiest place on earth" and be so miserable!!

To make our sex life more fun!!! ;o)

To live to see my girls get married and have kids and be able to PLAY with my grandkids!

To hopefully start having a menstrual cycle again and have one more baby!!

Ok...that's long enough...I could go on and on, but I won't! I can't WAIT to be sleeved!!!!! :D

I've ridden in an airplane seat with inches and inches of seat material being visible on each side of my thighs.

I've bought the smallest size at Old Navy in jeans, skirts, and sweaters.

I own 4 bathing suits.

I hardly wear black anymore.

I rock skinny jeans better than most 20-somethings.

I sat in the floor, wrapped Christmas presents and didn't have to waddle my way back up.

My husband tosses me around like a sack of horse feed LOL.

I can stand on my coffee table to clean my ceiling fan without fear of breaking it. (You should have seen my ceiling fans pre-op, it was scary LOL)

I can tie my shoes without propping my foot on something.

I can ride a bike without a foot of flab hanging off the seat.

I wear super short skirts with leggings, and don't look like I've shoved my legs into sausage casings.

I can walk the malls for hours without pain in my joints or having to take a break. It's good for the soul, bad for the pocketbook!

I can have sex in many positions, see things from different angles, and not run out of steam after 15 minutes of humping.

I can shave every part of my body without fear of mutilating myself, or needing a mirror to make sure I got everything.

I float in my garden bathtub (now that was cool experience).

I can buy clothes from any and every store. All are varied in sizes, but there isn't a store I "CAN NOT" shop in.

I can wear panties without 4ft of material creeping up my ass.

I can wear gorgeous cocktail dresses, and not look like I went to a tent maker to purchase it.

The list goes on and on. The best thing in the world is that I can eat a healthy, balanced, nutrient dense diet, have splurges here and there, but I am not dieting, nor do I feel deprived. food is now in the backseat, and I'm driving this rockin' tour bus ! ! !

Wearing pretty lingerie again--no more granny panties and boulder holders!

I have dreams about being able to run.....

doing things I can't do/haven't done in a long time. To keep me motivated, I made a list. Here's mine, what's yours? People who have already had surgery, what have you done?

I am looking forward to:

Saving money on food and buying clothes instead

Fitting into my ski pants and parka and going skiing

Having a massage without worrying I might break the table

Running outdoors

Fitting into an airline seat or an amusement park ride with room to spare

Eating something in public without feeling like people are looking at me and thinking, "She doesn't need to be eating that."

Having smaller boobs

Meeting new people because now I am embarassed about how I look

Cleaning the fat clothes out of my closet

Wearing a bathing suit in a color other than black--heck, wearing anything that isn't dark and shapeless!

Changes in just over three months are beyond words. I am thrilled with results of VSG surgery.

• I can hop onto (or on) the bed without breaking the slats or frame. Yes, I have once beause I now CAN do this. :)
  • Jumping into my finacee's arms.
  • Feeling my kids arms ALL the way around me with a big hug.
  • Looking at myself in the mirror and being happy with myself and my choices that day.
  • The thought of being able to hike without worrying about being a burden or forcing all to turn around.
  • Natural acceptance of others, not judgement without knowing me. I have not changed, expect physically. Lord, let me be more empathic to all.
  • Fitting into clothes I never thought I would be able to get into or look good in.
  • Shopping for clothes that are not black only. I even bought a top with horizontal stripes and looki good in it.
  • food not being an obsession. Really, I used to go to sleep planning my food excursions for the next day or week.
  • I go to the gym without worrying about others thinking "yeah honey - excercise is good, but stop shoveling in the food"
  • Sharing my victories with those I love.
  • I now have a better understanding of those with addictions like drugs, alcohol or cigarettes. I am a food addict in recovery. Wish my fellow addicts had a tool like my little sleeve to overcome their problems.
  • The money I save on eating out is tremendous.
  • Not being embarassed everytime I enter an airplane and fly coach. I pull that belt tight now and smile.
  • Purging....my closet of course. Twice now.
  • Not huffing after one flight of stairs or feeling a little light headed.
  • Wearing a cute nightie...and the good kind made of lace or chiffon - not made of flannel.
  • Shopping at Victoria Secret...in the store and trying on a new smaller bra.
  • Accepting responsibility for myself and my future.

Ive decided to get the sleeve so getting the ducks in the row still.

Don't have time right now to write a big list but here are few things ill enjoy.

-my thighs/butt wont be wider than the toilet

-not having my legs rub together and hearing that swishing noise

-dont have to wear a girdle to make the dress look better. Like it really helps

-Not being fat girl humping on a skinny dude(dh)

- Having thighs that are not bigger than somebodies waist.

-finding my athletic side again, miss her

-having hope back knowing what i do will make a difference

- trying again

I think this is a great thread! I'm still a little ways off from scheduling my surgery yet, have a few more hurdles to go through, but here is my list.

As someone who has been chubby starting in late grade school and then it got really bad my first couple years in undergrad school.

* Not shying away from photos with friends or family

* Feeling more confident to date and socialize more

* Slipping on a skinny pair of jeans and looking good in them (not having to lie on the bed to zip them up)

* Opening up more career opportunities at work (some might be my lack of my own confidence but I also feel that overweight people are not always given the same opportunities as their thinner colleagues)

* I own and show Arabian horses, and like the occasional trail riding- but am tired of being the "fat lady" in the show ring and so I look forward to wearing the skinny show clothes

* Being able to buy clothes in the normal department

* Once and for all getting rid of the 10 different sizes in clothes

* Like others have said, having room to spare on the airplane

* Crossing my legs

* Oh, so many more....

I'm 1 year out and this is what i can now do that i couldn't do or hardy manage when I weighed 350 lbs.

I can now sit comfortably in a airplane seat with 8 inches of seat belt left over AND the tray comes down with lots of space underneath it.

I can now clean myself (TMI) without pulling my back

I can now tie my shoes without thinking about it or getting out of breath

I can now run to the mailbox and back (mailbox is down a hill about 1/4 mile) and feel good about it

I can now climb up the stairs and not even realize it

I can fit into size 16/18 from 32/34 or L from 4XL

I can squeeze into really tight places to retrieve stuff

I can finally enjoy my life and I thank God every day for allowing me to wake up to enjoy yet another

Hey now!! This is something I can really get into here... In total I will need to have lost 180 Lbs. I'm more than halfway there - so I'll have a list of things I can do now that I couldn't at my highest (or even a few months ago) AND a list of things I still can't wait to do when I get to goal.

THINGS I can do now:

Cross my legs comfortably

Put on my shoes without dying of no breath

Run on my treadmill

Run up a few flight of stairs

Put on some clothes that I haven't fitted since I was 19 years old!! (Yes I saved them all these years...)

Fit comfortably in my car with plenty of room to spare

Fit in a restaurant booth comfortably

Walk withouth waddling like a duck

Walk faster than other people out and about

Find and fit clothes in the Misses section instead of Women's only

Wear shoes without a bubble of fat popping out of the top

Wear a bra that doesn't require 4 or 5 hooks on the back!!! (or even 3!!!)

THINGS I still am waiting to do when I get to goal:

I am going to Disneyland!! NO JOKE!!

I am going to go to amusement parks ALL THE TIME!!

I am going to own nothing but silk panties

Wear a Levi's Size 8

Run in a Marathon (someday... LOL)

Get my boobies inflated

Have all the excess skin removed

Feel healthy enough to have a baby or two, and that I can keep up with them

Never feel self conscious eating in a public setting and folks can see me eat

Be able to go into any store known to WOman and be able to fit clothes in them

Be more competitive for a Managers Position and not fear I didn't get chosen because I'm "fat"

Get off my HBP medications completely!! (nearly there!!)

Not always wonder if I'm the fattest one in the room or group

Finally having people stop asking me how much more weight I plan to lose - because I won't need to!

Feel comfortable enough to tell ANYONE how much I weigh because it's not a ridiculous amount!!!

Wow, I think that's a pretty sizable list. LOL!! I'm sure there's much more - but I don't want to put anyone to sleep. ;-)

I dream of the day I am 100 pounds lighter and I will: (not repeating any already mentioned, because I look forward to all of those things, too!)

Wear a Lily Pulitzer dress

Climb to the top of the Torre del Mangia in Siena, Italy.

Not wonder if my students are snickering because of me or for some other reasons.

Learn to ride a horse.

Join a tennis club.

Not groan every time I get out of my car. (it is very low to the ground)

Not worry about the idiot who parks too close to me and cry because I can't fit in the small space left to get into my car.

Go to my 20 year college reunion and not be embarrassed.

Be proud of who I am on the outside.

I dream of the day I am 100 pounds lighter and I will: (not repeating any already mentioned, because I look forward to all of those things, too!)

Wear a Lily Pulitzer dress

Climb to the top of the Torre del Mangia in Siena, Italy.

Not wonder if my students are snickering because of me or for some other reasons.

Learn to ride a horse.

Join a tennis club.

Not groan every time I get out of my car. (it is very low to the ground)

Not worry about the idiot who parks too close to me and cry because I can't fit in the small space left to get into my car.

Go to my 20 year college reunion and not be embarrassed.

Be proud of who I am on the outside.

Love your signature! My Latin professor wrote that on the last translation I did for him before graduation.

I'm a Latin teacher... :)

Love your signature! My Latin professor wrote that on the last translation I did for him before graduation.

Not weighing more than most football players.

Being able to sit in the inside on the Himalayan.

Being able to GET ON the Himalayan.

Being able to sit in any chair I want without breaking it or getting stuck.

Not being told my tires are going flat. (Funny, they don't look flat when I get out to look at them.)

Getting up off the floor without using the elephant method.

Going shopping without a cart to use as a walker.

Weighing less than my husband for the FIRST TIME.

I can hardly wait!

I said my goodbyes to Mexican food today after my stress test. I went to a great restaurant that I hadn't been to in years and really pigged out. I forced myself to eat everything on my plate even after I was full. As I waddled to the car, I realized it felt awful, and it wasn't even that good. Adios, enchiladas! My diet starts on the 1st.

Hugs SrSleever!! I totally feel you on a lot of that. My husband weighs 210 Lbs. You better believe I'm looking forward to being 209... but the booger is deciding its time to diet now. LOL!! I told him wait awhile on that... Haaa!!! :lol:

I haven't posted since last summer because my progress was kind of stalled. I was told to quit smoking for 3 months before my surgeon would touch me. I quit on Halloween and my surgery is tentatively scheduled for January 25th. I've been using the patch (2nd day on the 3rd stage) so I'm having a bit of an antsy moment. Needing something positive to think about rather than sitting here writing out what I'm jokingly calling my Last Will which reads something like... "enchiladas, alfredo, fajitas...." LOL Yes I did that...srsly. This is the PERFECT thread to get my mind off everything so here's what I'm looking forward to:

Crossing my legs

Not feeling like a side show freak at 300lbs when I venture out of the house (on that rare occasion) ESPECIALLY at restaurants

Not huffing & puffing going upstairs

Not shying away from the camera

Being able to wear sleeveless shirts

LOL My dogs outweighing me (I have 3 saint bernards)

Not feeling like an embarassment to my husband (when I know he doesn't feel like that but I'm embarassed for him)

owning a DVF wrap dress!!!!

;)