Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone from indiana?

Nannyof3...WELCOME!

I also go to Dr. McEwen, and he is wonderful. His staff is great, and I even get encouraging emails from Cheryl his nurse.

I had my surgery 30 of May. I have lost 41 lbs since surgery and 55 lbs since I started the journey.

I am doing things now, I never dreamed I would do again. I rode 19.78 miles yesterday preparing for a bike ride at the Strassenfest in Jasper next Sunday. I was dead tired let me tell you, but I did it.

Feel free to email me anytime direct or on the site.....You wont be sorry about your choice of doctors....Remeber to walk, walk, and walk some more right after surgery....it is very important to keep from having pain in your shoulders, etc.

I have not been sick, or in allot of pain at all.....

Where are you from??? I live in a small town of SHoals(actually live closer to French Lick).

Traci

Hello, I am from the southside of Indpls. I had my surgery on July 25,2007. Still in the recovery process. It took me almost 2 yrs to get approved. My doctor was Steven Clark at St Francis Weight loss center.

Pam in MI - I just had surgery on July 25th with Dr.Clark. He is doing lapbands pretty much on an outpatient basis, leaving it up to the patient. I heard while I was at the hospital that they just got their certification. Good Luck, Tina

Thanks for the encouragement. I really need it. There are some people you can talk to but when they don't have to lose the weight like I do they do not understand how we really feel. It is good to hear everybodies feelings cause they are alot like mine. I am very anxious to get it done. I am from Clinton, Indiana. I really just want to feel good and be very active with my grandkids. I am just tired of being overweight and it controls what I do. I want the control back but I know that I need that constant reminder that I cannot eat that or I will pay the price. Thanks for all the good wishes and I know I will be better off with all my new good friends. Nancy

totally understand about control over our lives. You know, when I can fit into a seat, and ride in the car without being jammed with the seat belt that will be great!!!

I feel so much better and think I am looking better..allot of people say I look younger.

I know where Clinton is. I have a friend that doesnt live too far from you. How long does it take you to get to Fisher's???

I just wanted to let you know that my wife and I have been approved for the Lapband surgery. We received word from the doctors office that she has been approved. So we get the letter will set a date. We are looking at being in bandland in September or October. This will depend on the doctors schedule and work schedule. My wife will go one week and then I will go the next week. The doctor has said that we would be good for the new Inmed AP Advance Band. I will keep everyone update as to when will have surgery. I would also like to thank everyone for all their help and advice over the years.

Thanks

Chris

Approved for the Band

Dr. Minkin - Des Peres Hospital

St. Louis, Mo

250/

:clap2:

congrats on getting your date, and making such a great move!!!

I live about 45 min from Bloomington, and I go to Fishers for my fills. I am doing pretty good, and you know.....feeling good again is worth all the waiting we did to get to the surgery!!!

best of luck,

Traci

Well, after everything finally got turned into Insurance, come to find out they are going to require 12 months of supervised weight loss. :faint: So It'll be February 2008 before we can even turn stuff into Insurance again.

My wife is having her's done on 9/12/07 and I will have mine done on 9/19/07 in St. Louis. We start the pre-op liquid diets 3 days before surgey.

Chris

Pre-Op

Dr. Minkin Des Peres Hospitial

St. Lous, Mo

250/

:clap2:

Hello, I am from the southside of Indpls. I had my surgery on July 25,2007. Still in the recovery process. It took me almost 2 yrs to get approved. My doctor was Steven Clark at St Francis Weight loss center.

I just got banded on Wed., 8/29 by Dr. Clark. I really like him - from MI and drove over 3 hours. I too was at St. Francis. How is everything going for you after a whole month. I am a little sore and tired, but overall, feeling GREAT!

Sorry this is Tina 08, had to re-register in order to get a reply through. Not lost much weight since starting on regular foods. Hoping the fill will help. Had on place that took awhile to heal, Had some energy issues. But other than that I cant tell I had surgery much. How are you doing?

:bounce:Hello! I am from Evansville (southern IN). Nice to know there are more hoosiers out there, anyone else from E'ville? I haven't been scheduled yet for surgery, but I am hoping to have it done by the end of the year. Anyone out there have Dr. Burry do their surgery?

E'vvl here! I'm going to Dr Burry. What stage are you at? I have 2 more nutrition classes before my paperwork is submitted.

I was wondering just how much out of pocket does it cost to have the lap band procedure done? I have been told any where from 20,000 down to only a few thousand, and how much for the surgery from Mexico. I have my first visit with Dr Ray from Bloomington in a couple of weeks.

What can anyone tell me about his new Surgery Center

I wanted to let everyone know just how much help it has been to see the wide range of experiences everyone has had by having this procedure done.

Thanks and Good Luck to everyone:grouphug: