Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Sleevers?

I am scheduled for Jan 6th.... Happy New Year to us! I have been reducing my carbs, diet soda and increasing my Protein and H2O to prepare... will start my pre-op liquids on Jan 1st. Will try to significantly increase my Proteins over Christmas holidays - which will be a challenge with all of the holiday goodies that usually hit our office and parties at that time. But I know I have to change my entire life not just the size of my stomach. laugh.gif

I am going to Mexico... how about you? Dr Ramos-Kelly is my surgeon. I am counting the days... let's see I board the plane 7 weeks from tomorrow - and in 50 days I will be sleeved! I am ready for a change in my life.

Kim

I am hoping to be sleeved in Jan. My choice of doc is still up in the air. If my insurance comes throught here at home then I will be using Dr. Sonnanstine in georgetown Ky. If I have to be a self pay I am going to go to Dr. Kelly in Mexico. He sounds like the best choice for me at a very good price. Either way I know I can't wait much longer. I had my lap band removed in August and have gained about 10 pounds already in addition to the extra weight I gained during the last year when I was having problems with my band. Overall I am about 30pounds from my lowest weight and going into this holiday season I am so depressed and can't wait for my sleeve.

I am doing mine in January, I have a Pre Op appt. on Dec 2nd in which we will set the date. So I am thinking early to mid January. It has been a hard decision for me for some reason, I first saw the Doc in August to start discussing this. I am ready now and know that it is the best thing for me. Good luck to you all!

I hope to have surgery mid January. I have appt with Dr. next Tuesday (11/23) and have all my documentation ready to go to Cigna. I guess it depends on how long they take (supposidly less than a week, we shall see), but I don't really want to do in December. I am very ready for surgery, but have a 2 year old and don't want to risk feeling bad over the holidays.

Hi guys, Jan 18th here. FYI there are two other January posts floating around out there with several other peeps sighed up for January dates. Cheers, Kim

I'm supposed to get my sleeve in January, but don't have a date yet. The soonest I could get my psych eval is December 28th. But, I saw my surgeon on October 29th, and he put me on the Fast Track, which means I could have went as early as six weeks out. So the only thing holding me up is psych! I'm guessing they can't submit to insurance until then, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Hi, I have my first Dr. meeting on Dec. 1st and they said I could have the surgery in as early as 3-4 weeks... so that puts me in January too. I'm researching the heck out of this surgery. Little nervous about getting my Proteins in, never been good at liking Protein Drinks and the sound of pureeing my meats gives me the quivers too, anyone else have any nerves about about anything? I am so excited about this forum and the surgery. I am definitely ready to have it and give it 100%.

I have had my first appt and am going tomorrow for my pre-op testing and hope to get my stuff to Cigna too and surgery in Jan! Yipee for us!!!! Tracy

Hi,

I'm new to this site too. I am not sure my date but am looking to go in January (hopefully). I just had a 5 hour class about the procedure and it made me a bit nervous. Does anyone else worry about the lifestyle change? Maybe the class was a bit overwhelming but it sure made me think about everything that I would be giving up. But then again, think about what I will be gaining... I guess I just need some time to process.

Thanks for letting me ramble on...

Hello all,

January 5th here! I am leaving for San Diego on January 2nd. Going into Mexico on the 4th! I am so excited for it to get here!

I am also sometime in January! I can't wait I was going to get R-ny because my insurance wouldn't cover the sleeve but now it does so I am new to this forum. I have been hanging out in the other forum. How is the recovery time with the sleeve? I feel like I am starting over. Thanks for allowing me to join. Happy Holidays to all!

Hey everyone....tentatively scheduled for January 21 with Dr. Rodriguez in TJ. As long as I can come up with the last $3500 I need I'm in business! Getting really nervous and excited and terrified! Most of my friends haven't been too supportive of my decision, so as the time gets nearer I'm finding myself without anybody to talk to about things. Hopefully we can all help each other out as we get ready to embark on this journey together! I guess I'm mostly worried about the protien diet for the last 2 weeks before surgery....I'm not much of a protien girl and I do LOVE my carbs....but I'm so ready to let them go at the same time if that makes sense...

Hi & the very best of luck to all of you, my fellow sleevers to be. I'm scheduled for January 10th also. I have struggled with wether to have gastric sleeve or plication. I don't know about the rest of you, but making that decision was hard for me. I think that the regular sleeve is my final choice. I previously had a lap band that failed almost immedicately, so I have anxiety about doing this again. My husband is extremely anxious about this because of the previous experience and will be going with me this time, but does not want to talk about any issues. Needless to say, I am so glad to join your group. Thanks! Becky