Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I had my sleeve done on Oct 15. I am currently down 20 lbs, but have been having Constipation issues. I just started mushies, only eating them 1 meal a day. I can eat a half of scrambled egg, and 2 oz of refried low fat Beans.

I have a total TMI question, has anyone ever gotten to the point where they are in so much intestinal pain and then all of a sudden all heck breaks loose. On Friday, I was in the bathroom for over an hour non-stop pooping. It was so painful. is this normal???

thanks,

Patti

i have only gone poop 1x since i had surgery 4 weeks ago. Ive tryed ex-lax, supositories nothing works for me.

I had my surgery on October 4th. So far I have lost 20 lbs post op. I also lost 40 lbs in the 4 months prior to my surgery for a total of 60 lbs lost. As of last week I am no longer "morbidly obese" (YAY!) and am finally below 200 lbs! I have not been this weight in about 15 years!!

I'm not having any issues eating food (600 - 800 cals daily) and am able to eat dense Protein without much difficulty. My biggest issue is getting in enough fluids. No problems with reflux or Constipation. (Hooray for previcid and that new Metamucil product!)

I weigh daily and am getting frustrated because the scale seems to be moving so slowly these last few weeks. I was afraid I was in a stall. I am losing a couple of pounds each week though, so I guess I'm really not. Probably would be losing faster if I hadn't lost so much weight before surgery, but I can't complain. I've never lost more than 50 lbs before and only kept that off for a short while so this is pretty exciting for me!

I see my surgeon next week for my second follow up visit and I hope he doesn't think I should have lost more by now.

I'm not having any issues eating food (600 - 800 cals daily) and am able to eat dense Protein without much difficulty. My biggest issue is getting in enough fluids. No problems with reflux or Constipation. (Hooray for previcid and that new Metamucil product!)

What is this new Metimucil product? Think i need to check it out!!!

thanks,

patti

I had my sleeve on Oct 4th. I have lost 40 pounds since surgery. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks. I lost some before surgery, so 53 pounds from my highest weight!

I also had my sleeve on October 4th. I have lost 18 pounds since then (5 weeks), The last week I have only lost .2. That's crazy for an entire week. Some days it makes me nuts, but I just keep reminding myself this is a process. There will be stalls, and there will be weeks we lose alot. In the meantime, I am enjoying my new clothes, and feel really good.

I still am not into food very much, so I do mostly different Protein shakes. I even brought my Magic Bullet into the office. They all laughed at first, but now I have people jealous and wanting some of my smoothies..lol

Hey Octobers :)

I had my surgery on the 1st of October and so far I have lost a whopping 28lbs lol... looking at everyone else's losses I feel like im oon the slower end but I have i think about 61 more pounds to lose to get to goal so thats sort of exciting... :)

I have not had any issues with any foods or anything like that... not one day since surgery have i experienced heartburn or naseau but i am gassey after eating or drinking.. which i know is normal lol!

glad to see all of the great progress so far!!!

Hi everyone! I had my sleeve on October 8th. I lost a lot of weight quickly and then at 2 weeks out I stalled for 10 days <Insert YIKES smiley> I'm back to losing again and I was 276 to start with 271 on day of surgery and now I'm 246 for a grand total of 30lbs. I have 8lbs left to lose and I'll be at my prepregnancy weight. 25lbs to lose and I'll be at the smallest I've ever been as an adult. 47lbs to lose and I'll be smaller than I was as an 8th grader! That's how I'm doing my goals.

I'm eating almost everything. I stay away from seeds and nuts for the most part. I'd love to have some pad thai or some pomamgranate but I'm affraid of it being stuck in my staple line. I've had a constant battle since Halloween with all this candy in the house. I find myself eating 2-3 small pieces a day (like two tootsie rolls and a small milkeway). I do have to say though before I would eat probably 10 peices a day and they would all have been funsize snickers. I'm still working on getting my Water in. I find the futher I get out the more I want just plain Water which is good. I have eaten turkey/chicken since 3 weeks out I just chewed it really really well. I'm in size 20 comfortably and I'd love to fit into a size 16 dress by Christmas. I don't think my family has EVER seen me in a dress other than prom.

What is this new Metimucil product? Think i need to check it out!!!

thanks,

patti

Hi Patti,

It's called Metamucil Clear & Natural Clear Mixing powder. I've been using it (with my surgeon's approval) since a week before my surgery. I had planned to choke down the "drink it fast before it clumps up and gets gross" kind of Metamucil, but was really happy to find this new version. I got mine at Target but I've seen it at the chain pharmacies too.

It is flavor, taste & grit free & has been a BIG help for me. I usually put it in my morning Protein drink, but you could add it to any liquid hot or cold. It doesn't thicken it a bit or even make plain Water look cloudy! I can't tell it's in there or taste it at all. You can even take it 3 times daily if you need to. 2 teaspoons in the am seems to work for me.

Hi Patti,

It's called Metamucil Clear & Natural Clear Mixing powder. I've been using it (with my surgeon's approval) since a week before my surgery. I had planned to choke down the "drink it fast before it clumps up and gets gross" kind of Metamucil, but was really happy to find this new version. I got mine at Target but I've seen it at the chain pharmacies too.

It is flavor, taste & grit free & has been a BIG help for me. I usually put it in my morning Protein drink, but you could add it to any liquid hot or cold. It doesn't thicken it a bit or even make plain Water look cloudy! I can't tell it's in there or taste it at all. You can even take it 3 times daily if you need to. 2 teaspoons in the am seems to work for me.

thank you Donnie,

I will be sure to look for it when i next go to the store!!

Patti

Hello,

This is my first time posting on a blog. I had my surgery on October 28th I am having a really hard time I have went to eating regular food. I just want to cry. I really want to do this but mentally I am finding it very very difficult. Does any one have any food ideas that can help me get by. Thank you.

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

a14906724c75fc9.png

I was sleeved Oct 26th and have been eating mushies and very soft solids for the past week. My surgeon refused to put me on prilosec, or any other acid reducer for that matter saying there is no credible evidence that it helps after surgery, and I found that the hunger pangs I was experiencing were the worst I've ever felt. Additionally, the Protein Drinks that I drank before surgery made my dry heave simply at the smell. My post-op appointment was scheduled for 21 days after surgery so I couldn't easily discuss these issues with my surgeon. I did what I had to do to survive. I bought Prilosec OTC and began taking that. It has helped with some of the extreme hunger pangs. I started with blended Soups and progressed within a couple days to regular Soup, eggs, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, yogurt, cheese, rice, Pasta and even beef and chicken that I chew thoroughly before swallowing. I'm eating between 400-600 calories per day and am not losing anything. Today is my 2 week anniversary and I have only lost about 7 pounds since surgery. Basically, I haven't lost anything since I've been home from the hospital on day 3. Chfroman, I feel your pain. I'm not sure this is going so well for me either. My water/fluid intake is ok, but could be better. I'm averaging around 32-40 oz. per day. Please, please, if you have any advice for me, let me know!!!!

I had my operation on 10/14, transitioning to mushies - ricotta cheese, tuna, salmon, all fabulous compared to liquid. I'm down 28 pounds so far and only 26 to go to goal! Frustrating because I'm maybe eating 600 calories a day - and think because of that I should be losing a pound a day...AT LEAST! I would love a cracker - or something that crunches!!!

I had my operation on 10/14, transitioning to mushies - ricotta cheese, tuna, salmon, all fabulous compared to liquid. I'm down 28 pounds so far and only 26 to go to goal! Frustrating because I'm maybe eating 600 calories a day - and think because of that I should be losing a pound a day...AT LEAST! I would love a cracker - or something that crunches!!!

I had my surgery on October 21st and I have lost 18 pounds so far and total w pre op weight loss is 36 pounds. Some days are harder than others, I'm struggling with my Protein and energy. Pre op I was ok with my Protein Shake and now it makes me sick. Im not sure what to eat and I have been feeling a little down. Not about the weight loss, but just the uncertainty. I feel queazy after I eat and I constantly have a cotton mouth taste. I want to poop and its not happening. Any ideas? Help please.

I would be careful about going to regular food so soon ClC you want things that basically slide down because the nerves were cut you won't know when you are full or stressing the staple line. I'd be on full liquids or mushies if I were you.

Cottage cheese

Soups (no meat)

yogurt

mashed potatoes

sweet potatoes

Beans

refried Beans

squash

watermelon

melons

Hi October Sleevers! I haven't seen updates from October sleevers so I would love to see how all is doing. I have lost 21 lbs since surgery! My 4 wk mark will be this Wednesday! I have hit the 3 wk stall and am fighting constipation! I even gained 1.5 lbs which was very depressing. However, today I weighed and am back down to where I was before I hit stall and gained. I am a bad person when it comes to the scale! Must weigh everyday! I hope allis going well with everyone!

Melissa

hi Melissa.....im Marisa... im 4wks today and ive lost 20lbs.... i too was very constipated, so i took some milk of magnesia, what they had me take the day before surgery.....and i felt a ton better.... i also went thru a stall on my 3rd week.... i got a little discouraged cuz i just assumed more would come off, my first week i lost 14lbs... i wish there were more wks like that.....