Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All, I am wondering how everyone else is dealing with their rings and sizing. I am about half way to goal and my wedding band has gotten real loose. I don't want to get it sized because I am hoping to lose anymore. I don't want to put tape on it or stop wearing it what all do you do?

Nancy

Hi All, I am wondering how everyone else is dealing with their rings and sizing. I am about half way to goal and my wedding band has gotten real loose. I don't want to get it sized because I am hoping to lose anymore. I don't want to put tape on it or stop wearing it what all do you do?

Nancy

If you look at Wal Mart, K Mart, or some of those big box stores, you may be able to find a little kit with a ring guard. Or use this link. http://www.viewithere.com/ring_guard/

I took mine off last week... I still have somewhere around 25 lbs to go and they were getting frighteningly loose. I was afraid I'd pull one off drying my hands, and toss it in the trash unknowlingly, so for now they sit in the jewelry cleaner until I get to goal, then we'll go have them resized, welded together, whatever it needs to be done so I can wear them safely again. I miss them!

Amy, Thanks so much they are perfect!! Now if they'd only come up with something to stuff my bra with(G)

I use a ring guard on my wedding band, and I refuse to get my rings resized even though I've been maintaining for over 6 months now. I told my husband we can just upgrade my bridal set, and I currently wear one of my lia sophia rings as an engagement ring. My ring size went from 8.5 to a 6, and since my bridal set has over 25 channel set diamonds as accent diamonds, there is no way that resizing the rings would look "right" after they shrink the rings down so much. My wedding band would turn into an eternity band with channel set diamonds wrapping all the way around the band and I hate that setting. I'd rather just have my husband upgrade my set, and use the center stone from my engagement ring in a new setting.

I have channel set diamonds in my wedding band too, but I was thinking they could either add more gold to the inside to snug it up, OR, a gal I used to work with had little beads of gold placed around the inside of her band to keep it from slipping, and that might work. I dunno... I'm just eager to wear them again (although having nothing on my hands is really convenient for work!).

You could always do what high school girls who wear their boyfriends class rings do; wrap thread around the band in one spot until it's the right size and then secure the thread with some clear nail polish.

As for diamonds or stones in a setting like Tiff's, you can always have a jeweler take the stones out and put them in a new band/setting - relatively minimal cost, no worry of mishaping the setting with a resize.

I have channel set diamonds in my wedding band too, but I was thinking they could either add more gold to the inside to snug it up, OR, a gal I used to work with had little beads of gold placed around the inside of her band to keep it from slipping, and that might work. I dunno... I'm just eager to wear them again (although having nothing on my hands is really convenient for work!).

LOL I should add that I'm a major clutz, and 6 weeks after we married, we were packing up from MA to FL, and the military movers were coming. I knocked my hand against the kitchen counter, and lost several of the channel set stones. I think I lost 6 and only found 3. I've taken the ring to 3 jewelers here, and because it's a custom ring, none of them can match the diamond size exactly. That's the main reason for the upgrade ha ha ha. I love the center stone, it's gorgeous, but there is no need to keep the other setting. We're just going to wait until he sews on his next rank to upgrade the setting. The one jeweler said he would take the little princess cut diamonds weight, and gold weight between the wedding band and engagement ring and take it off the cost of the new setting.

When my wedding ring got too big to wear I went and bought a $10 fake so I could have SOMETHING on my hand so it wouldn't feel weird. I wore that for a few months until the hubby and I went on our 25th Anniversary trip to Italy last May. While in florence, my prince of a hubby bought me a completely new ring - the most gorgeous thing I've EVER seen. He got it on the Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge), which is where all the great jewelry stores have been in florence since the 1500's.

Our daughter had been studying there this past spring semester so she was with us when my hubby got down on his knee and asked me to spend the next 25+ years with him. We were all in tears as he put the new ring on my finger. This was a once in a lifetime trip for us, and this moment made it even more special. Did I mention that I have the BEST hubby ever?

Wow Texas your husband definitely sounds like a keeper ;) For now I have this very thin silver band I picked up at Walmart and wear it in front of my wedding band. As for my wrist watch it is so loose I can stick two fingers comfortably between the band and my wrist!

A good jeweler can size rings into an oval instead of round. You can't tell from the top but it's a way to keep the integrity of the channel setting.

My rings are too small because I weigh so much now, so I have the opposite problem. I put my rings in my Safe Deposit Box for now. Once I have surgery, I will wear them when they fit, stop again when they are too large and resize them when I reach goal. For now, I bought some pretty gold plated rings from HSN. It feels good to have something on at least.

For those of you who've had rings resized, how much was it? And did they give you the excess metal back?

I am having the same problem with my rings. I think for now I am going to buy a nice gold chain and wear them around my neck. Then when I am sure my hands have lost all the weight they will lose I will have them resized.

My ring size went from a size 5 to a size 9 -10. And my hands were the smallest thing about me.

Just one more option.

Sheila