Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adipex After VSG? Tips Please.....

Hi,

I would like some opinions. Please just the facts no judgmental diatribes....

I had VSG and it went great. Only problem is I decided to stay MX for a few months (business went very well and I could afford to do this)....

Margaritas by the case full $1.50 a pop.....best time of my life...my neighbors even remark that they can see the weight loss which is cool

So 5 months out I've only lost 30 pounds. The good news is I would have GAINED weight without the surgery...

The bad news is I want to lose weight faster.

I'd like to take adipex for about 3 months to accelerate my weight loss. Does anyone know a good DR in the TJ area?

MY SISTER IS AN RN AND SHE SAID IT'D BE FINE.

I feel confident that I won't gain the weight back after I get off the adipex, it's just that I want to significantly reduce my calories without any discomfort...

(drinks have a lot of sugar and calories in them....)

Also, I was kinda bad and didn't follow the instructions for the first 6 weeks or so. By the way, anyone reading this GET THE SURGERY.

It's a great decision and I've been having the time of my life in MX!!!!!

Tx

Im nt sure what to say......... Im going to be honest.....I would let the surgery do what its going to do for you and then once you get to the point where you stopped losing (if your still not happy) then try the phen. I know that you want the weight loss to go faster but it could all backfire if you dont try to do this without the phen. Like I said let the surgery do the work for you (about a year) during this time take the opportunity to learn everything you can about treating your sleeve well and maybe by this time you wont need the Adipex. I cant say I havent thought about phen but i definately dont want to go back to those days if I dont have to.

In a word...WOW! Although I would never judge you, it's a very good thing you requested no diatribes because... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Phen will work the only thing is with that medication after you stop using it, unless you change your eating habits you'll probably gain the weight back that you've lost using the Phen or you may even stall. Your sleeve will definitley work for you if you work it. It's a tool to get you to where you ultimately want to be... a healthier you.

Smaller portions (check), exercise (check), proper nutrition (check), Protein (check), and putting down the Margaritas even if they are buy 1 get 10 free (check, check and check) - LOL

Okay...maybe a couple won't hurt :D

Here's wishing you all of the best!

Niki

Wow....seriously? I mean--damn. Better just to be quiet now. WOW.

So, without any diatribes, why have surgery if you're just going to ignore the guidelines, drink empty calories, and then pump your body full of appetite suppressants? Why not just use the surgery as the tool it was meant to be, lay off the booze, suck it up, and lose weight without drugs.

It's great you haven't gained weight, but Adipex isn't going to kill off the empty calories/sugar/carbs you're consuming with the alcohol intake. All it's going to do is hype you up, increase your heartrate, and maybe keep you from eating nutrient dense food all while stressing your liver on top of the booze.

Mexico must be fabulous, but the after effects of what you are choosing to do to your body might not be worth it down the road.

So, without any diatribes, why have surgery if you're just going to ignore the guidelines, drink empty calories, and then pump your body full of appetite suppressants? Why not just use the surgery as the tool it was meant to be, lay off the booze, suck it up, and lose weight without drugs.

It's great you haven't gained weight, but Adipex isn't going to kill off the empty calories/sugar/carbs you're consuming with the alcohol intake. All it's going to do is hype you up, increase your heartrate, and maybe keep you from eating nutrient dense food all while stressing your liver on top of the booze.

Mexico must be fabulous, but the after effects of what you are choosing to do to your body might not be worth it down the road.

Your weight loss is impressive. What would it take to lose 18 pounds a month, CALORIE wise? Yes I know it should be mostly Protein. I appreciate the tips by the way. I will change my eating habits permanently, I went into with my eyes open. Prolly start Nov 1. (lol)

Your weight loss is impressive. What would it take to lose 18 pounds a month, CALORIE wise? Yes I know it should be mostly Protein. I appreciate the tips by the way. I will change my eating habits permanently, I went into with my eyes open. Prolly start Nov 1. (lol)

I don't know what you activity level is or will be when you choose to get on program. I lost on average 20lbs a month by eating 600-800 calories a day, no more than 30gr of carbs, and at least 60gr of Protein.< /p>

I don't know what you activity level is or will be when you choose to get on program. I lost on average 20lbs a month by eating 600-800 calories a day, no more than 30gr of carbs, and at least 60gr of Protein.

Thanks. Also, chill out guys. I'm a realist and know my current lifestyle isn't ideal and. I also know there's nothing I can't do when I set my mind to it...

I guess it is time to get on track. Having said that I've had the time of my life and it wouldn't have a happened had I not come to Mexico for my VSG in the first place.

The beaches, the bars, the warm people. Anyone thinking that they have to be skinny to enjoy life is clueless!

Having said that I do want to meet my weight goals by June 2010 so I guess I need to get started soon!

Thanks. Also, chill out guys. I'm a realist and know my current lifestyle isn't ideal and. I also know there's nothing I can't do when I set my mind to it...

I guess it is time to get on track. Having said that I've had the time of my life and it wouldn't have a happened had I not come to Mexico for my VSG in the first place.

The beaches, the bars, the warm people. Anyone thinking that they have to be skinny to enjoy life is clueless!

Having said that I do want to meet my weight goals by June 2010 so I guess I need to get started soon!

I never allowed my fatness to impede an amazing lifestyle, I was extremely social, dated a lot, so I'm not sure what you mean by being skinny is the only way to enjoy life.

The big difference here is you are talking about adding a legalized amphetamine to your regimen to lose weight instead of just buckling down and following some sort of guideline. You asked for tips, you got them. You're in control of how you want to lose weight and get to goal. But, surgery isn't a quick fix, and like I stated before, Adipex isn't going to stop the empty calories from affecting your weight loss.

I don't know what you activity level is or will be when you choose to get on program. I lost on average 20lbs a month by eating 600-800 calories a day, no more than 30gr of carbs, and at least 60gr of Protein.

Guess what?!

1) I ditched the pill idea (talked with another person and they said it wasn't a good idea...)

2) I decided to lay off booz for a while (discipline was never my problem, I can stand some delayed gratification given how much fun I've had

my first half here, lol)

3) I've been doing 600-800 per the post

4) The beach is utterly gorgeous so I've been joying friends walking about 4 or 5 miles a day (10,000 steps is the goal)

5) I've LOST 6 LBS SINCE I POSTED THE LAST THREAD on Monday!!!!! Actually that's more like 6.2 pounds in 4 days!! I guess easing up on the Jose Cuervo was the trick, lololol

I'll update this thread when I'm 90lbs lighter.....

My goal is for that to be miminum by March 31,2011

(they say a goal that isn't written down is just a wish, so here it is universe... ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to Everyone who replied back in advance!!.

To Everyone's Prosperity & Health,

Me

P.S.

I'm posting this in case someone else (was/is) in my situation and reads this......

I took adipex in 2004 for 3 months. my primary doctor was very wary about it, but I went in frequently for checkups while I was on it. #1, it makes your heart beat faster, like double your normal resting, and even higher when exercising. #2 you have no appetite, probably consume only a couple bites each meal. #3, almost no sleep and it makes you very jittery. I didn't have too much of a problem with all that and along with exercising 2hours a day , 5-6 days a week, I lost about 55-60 pounds in 3 months. I also gained it back rapidly after taking it. I asked my doctor about it last fall, to assist in losing weight pre-op, and he said he wouldn't ever prescribe it to anyone again due to health risks.

Hi,

I would like some opinions. Please just the facts no judgmental diatribes....

I had VSG and it went great. Only problem is I decided to stay MX for a few months (business went very well and I could afford to do this)....

Margaritas by the case full $1.50 a pop.....best time of my life...my neighbors even remark that they can see the weight loss which is cool

So 5 months out I've only lost 30 pounds. The good news is I would have GAINED weight without the surgery...

The bad news is I want to lose weight faster.

I'd like to take adipex for about 3 months to accelerate my weight loss. Does anyone know a good DR in the TJ area?

MY SISTER IS AN RN AND SHE SAID IT'D BE FINE.

I feel confident that I won't gain the weight back after I get off the adipex, it's just that I want to significantly reduce my calories without any discomfort...

(drinks have a lot of sugar and calories in them....)

Also, I was kinda bad and didn't follow the instructions for the first 6 weeks or so. By the way, anyone reading this GET THE SURGERY.

It's a great decision and I've been having the time of my life in MX!!!!!

Tx

mad5.gifForgive me, but my mouth dropped when I was reading your post. scared.gifYour sister is an RN and she said it would be fine for you to go to TJ get medications that mess with your neurotransmitters, cause increase in heart rate, dehydrate you, and on top of all that can affect your mood severely. If she has a Drug reference book laying around ask her to look up side effects. RNs do not prescribe, there is a reason for that, and I hope to God that you see with your own eyes not through mine or anyone else's what you wrote up there make you sound delusional. Take this from someone who has done it all to lose weight, taken it all to lose weight, that if this surgery and therapy are not being the tool you need not even God can come down and strike you thin. Someone who is sipping Margaritas post-op tells me that you don't care. This is the same thing I would tell you if we were friends sitting at Starbucks! out.gifStop the insanity!