Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My life long journey is about to begin!!!

Allright I have been sitting back and reading every post of here for the past month-ish and Now I think I will write about me.

Im 24 I live in Vancouver Canada, I have a 4.5yr old little girl. All my life I have been overweight. I did weight watcher when I was 12 I think maybe even 11.. and until now ive tried it probly 8 times.........when I was 15 it Turned out I had a mass ovarian cycst (22lb tumor) I was huge !!!anyways long story short ...I had major surgery, had to be on bedrest for 3 months. I gained more weight again since I couldnt do anything really! finally I was ona family road trip and in a magazine I bought was a free "south beach diet" book my mom read it and said she was going to try it when we got home I agreed and no one thought I could do it... well after 8 months I lost 60 lbs... I was looking amazing! My Grad year was great I met a guy who was a bit older my first "real" bf... one year later I got pregnant, gained weight back and then some and couldnt loose it after... My relashonaship was rough we fought alot, I had some unerlying depression and anxiety and I tend to be a "emtional eater" ...well it just got worse and worse and worse after being with him for 4 years he was getting to mentally and emotionally abusive I had gaine a fair amount of weight and was misirable due to all situations around me. its been 2 years since being with my ex and lets just say things got even worse...seems to be a pattern?? Honestly I just donnt get how I let this happen to me. I kept seeing the numbers get higher and thinking oh okay ill try harder at this lbs and then id pass that mark and think okay this time! Then I too embarrased to goto Weight Watchers, my anxeity has been getting worse and worse. My weight is ruining me. I cant have as much fun with my daughter.. cause im to tired!...I cant do ALOT of things. and i am tired of it. I am not ready to say my weight yet.. but I can truthfully say it is high then most people on here... I have made the decision to do something about it... I told my parents about the lapsleeve surgery, I did a lot of research for 2 weeks while they were away on a trip, I went to the seminar with my sister who I told about this cause I was driving myself mental on if I should or shouldnt do it. ...My parents have decided to help me out with this, not because they can but becausethey know who I really am, and I am not shining the way I should be. I am going to Puget Sound Surgical Center in Edmond, WA so just over the border. Canadian insurance wont cover it of course, so $17,000 includes 2 years after care program with nutritionist, deitition. its alot of money but I think its worth my life...... I go for my pre-op this Wednesday Oct 20!!! I am SOOOOO nervous! the surgery will be soon after they are saying Mid November!....I am excited but very scared! Theres always what if I dont wake up from surgery and i leave my little girl behind without a mom... ahh tears well when I talk about it. I have tuns of family support which is great. I just hope I can change the way I think sometimes..... Well there it is! I will let you know how Wednesday goes I am doing a surgan consult, psyc asses, and nutrionist assesment...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches