Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Barely One Month Ago...

One month ago (yesterday) I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali, MX.

I cannot tell you how AWESOME I feel right now. Here's why:

I was wearing a size 22W!!!!

Today I'm fitting a lot of my 16's and some are Misses.

I bought a Suede leather jacket today from Goodwill. It was so nice, and it was size M. OMG... it fit, except it was a tad bit tight at the very bottom where the buttons are. It's ok, I KNOW I'll fit into it really soon. I count the moments! :D In the mean time I took it to my Green Cleaners who are going to do some minor repairs and restorations. It's actually in very good condition.

I am able to do over two miles now in walking and on my treadmill, and I feel so much lighter already. It feels so wonderful! I'm going to start adding in more of my cardio exercises as I'm feeling good and up to it again. I'll just do minor 20-25 minute sessions to start, but I'm at it again!

I'm already almost down 20 Lbs since surgery and almost 30 since my pre-op diet. I really couldn't have DREAMED of having better results. My status right now is RIGHT ON!!

I'm actually able to eat soft solids pretty well now. I can get my Protein naturally, and eat my Fiber bars good. Things are running quite smoothly for me now! I'm soooo ecstatic, it seems so unreal.

Thank you SLEEVE, DR. ACEVES AND HIS AWESOME STAFF, VST AND MOST ESPECIALLY THANKS TO MYSELF FOR BELIEVING IN ME. :-)

Here's my best NSV so far though... Hubby's already calling me "skinny". Hahaa! Ok now I know I'm not skinny by any measure of the imagination, but it sure feeellssss good!! :-)

Ohh Baby.... You're da Bomb! WAY TO GO! I wanna be like you when I grow up... er...down... er you know what I mean.

Thanks everyone! You're the reasons why it makes it so great to even try! You all are my inspiration. :D

Daisy, you have been trying to convince me to dump the band and try this instead for a very long time. For that I say THANK YOU!!! I cannot tell you how glad I am that I took your advice!

Lily, it hasn't been all roses and rainbows for me, but I wouldn't trade in the tough times for the good times! NO way, not for a second!

Darma, the time will fly by. Please keep me posted! I love to follow along on others progress. Keeps me being good too!

Juliah, I have known about it for awhile, but didn't before I was banded. I wish I had done my research - I do believe I would have done this from the start. It's a long story but my insurance only covered the band and RNY - so I went with the band. Though I did kind of get a head start with it, so it wasn't all useless. Every moment in my life has a meaning, and my band had its reasons for being in my life. :) And I'm so happy for you! It's so fun, isn't it - bagging up all the old clothes and looking for new ones? heeehheee

Labrys, thanks! It will be nice doing this along side you! :)

Congrats to you!!! I am being sleeved on Fri. and it is sooooo nice to hear uplifting stories. I know it isn't going to be easy, but it WILL be worth it, I have no doubt!

[size="4"]Hi Diva,

I am so happy and excited for you!! I can not wait for my surgery. I wake up every morning excited knowing that my day is coming! It is so nice to know that things will be changing for me in 2 months! PLease keep us up on your progress :o)[/size]

Thanks ladies!! Still going strong and I'm six weeks out now!! :D