Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long until you were able to work?

How many days until you went back to work?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many days until you went back to work?

• I went back to work within 4 days of surgery.
    • I went back to work within 5-7 days of surgery.
    • I went back to work within 8-10 days of surgery.
    • I went back to work within 11-14 days of surgery.
    • I went back to work within 14-21 days of surgery.
    • I went back to work more than 21 days after surgery.

My surgery is this week. Just wondering how long it took before you were all able to go back to work (or function full-time working in the home or with kids)?

Thanks for your input!

Mslynn

:wave:

voted 4 days or less:

I am in home with my daughter. I would say I struggled for the first two weeks (at least), but was doing my darndest 3 days post-op.

I was banded on a Tuesday. I had scheduled the rest of the week off anyway so I returned on Monday. I was fine. The first day was a little rough just because I was still in "healing mode" and wasn't really in the mood to be that active. But, after that first day I got back into the swing of things and I think it actually helped me feel better faster. Everyone is different though.

I had surgery on a Wednesday and went back to work the following Thursday, so I was off exactly 7 days (5 work days). I felt pretty tired, still sore, and very bloated. I really think it made me feel better faster to get back out in the "land of the living" and feel productive though!

My surgery is this week. Just wondering how long it took before you were all able to go back to work (or function full-time working in the home or with kids)?

Thanks for your input!

Mslynn

:wave:

I think that depends on what kind of work that you do.

I would say that except for heavy lifting, a week after your sugery, you will be able to do most of what you need to do. Good Luck and don't strain yourself.

4 days after surgery I was riding my bike 1 mile taking my kids to school and back.

I think it really needs to be based on what it is you do for work. I am a nurse and have to do a lot of heavy lifting. I went back after 2 weeks, hurt myself (because it was too soon for me) and ended up being out another week.

I'm retired and 64 years young. I think a lot of it is based on your present health. Right now I'm going through some serious medical problems and will probably require more time to recover from the lap-band surgery (if and when I ever get the OK). I will then have had 3 surgeries withint about a mo. time and I have a feeling it is going to take me longer to recover, because one surgery is on my leg and will limit my walking for awhile.

I'm keeping a very positive attitude though that I will get over these surgeries quickly and within a few mo. feel great.

God Bless,

Dody

definately depends on what you do for a living. I work in a paper mill where it is hot and requires alot of heaving lifting and repetitive motion. I waited 5 weeks, hey didn't want to take chances with this. I know people that answer the phone for a living and type on the conputer, well I was doing that when I came home , the same day. but I felt better after a week.

Yes, you are all correct. It depends on what you do. I wish I knew how to go back and edit the poll choices, but I don't think I can do that. :)

mslynn

Yes, you are all correct. It depends on what you do. I wish I knew how to go back and edit the poll choices, but I don't think I can do that. :)

mslynn

Don't worry about the poll choices. It is much too complicated a question for a simple poll. The replies in this thread will provide all the answers that you attempted to elicit with your poll.

Thank you for your attempt.

I stay home with my two boys and it took me about a week before I was back to normal. Well for the most part anyways. I struggled a little with my 2 year old and laundry. But I was ok to be left alone after the 5th day.

I was banded on a Tuesday, and went back to work the following Monday. However, I think it was too soon for me. I was very sore every day and extremely tired. The following week, I went in, but left a little early everyday. That was much better. Then the week after that, full time was just fine.

That said, I am 60 years old. It might have been easier and faster if I were 30 years old :)

I was banded on a Tuesday, and went back to work the following Monday. However, I think it was too soon for me. I was very sore every day and extremely tired. The following week, I went in, but left a little early everyday. That was much better. Then the week after that, full time was just fine.

That said, I am 60 years old. It might have been easier and faster if I were 30 years old :)

And it might have taken longer if you were a construction worker, a mechanic, a sanation worker or furniture mover.:faint:

And it might have taken longer if you were a construction worker, a mechanic, a sanation worker or furniture mover.:faint:

That, too.