Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months post op, 6 weeks pregnant

I thought i was the only one going through this. I just found out that im expectiing and i was so scared. I didn't think that the baby would get the proper nutrition that "she" needed. I had surgery on June 14, 2010. I am kida disappointed in myself that I didn't take the proper precautions. But I am in a solid committed relationship and he supports me. I offically have a doc's appt on Wednesday and I will also let the surgeon know that performed the surgery. Thanks for posting your experience so far because like I said before I was scared. Now I have hope.

My husband and I haven't had children yet...I'm getting sleeved december 20, 2010...I'm nervous about pregnancy post-sleeve so it's so encouraging to read your posts! Congratulations!!

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies! This has truely been quite an experience. I have gotten down 75 lbs, and haven't really gained anything back yet. I am almost 19 weeks, and will find out on the 21st what we are having. I spoke with the doctor about not gaining and she said that is was fine as long as the baby was growing right...and so far, so good. I notice that I have a lot of aversions to meat and bread, but other than that, I have done pretty good. Bacon is still my enemy and apple juice is my savior (in small amounts of course). I worry that after the baby, I won't be able to get myself back into full ketosis again since I've had to start eating carbs and such... I fear that I won't get to the point I really hoped to get to, but I'm almost 1/2 way there.

I am feeling pretty good for a pregnant woman, glad the 1st trimester is over and all the symptoms that had hung on a little longer are finally gone. I still think getting the sleeve is the best thing I've ever done and recommend it to anyone and everyone that asks about it! What a life changing experience! I will try to get on again in a couple of weeks to let everyone know what I'm having.

To all the ladies that have struggled to get pregnant, don't give up hope. I thought it would never happen, and 70 lbs gone, poof! I used to be so angry at women who were able to get pregnant, but I hope this helps someone. Good luck to the ladies on here that are also pregnant or just starting their journey!

Again, I have to say this was the best thing I've ever done!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I too recently found out that I am pregnant. Had surgery on 7/26/10 and am now about 9 weeks pregnant. This is both an exciting and scary time for me since I have had two miscarriages in the past. Will be seeing my Ob/Gyn for the first time next week. Have had two ultrasounds already through Kaiser and everything is looking goo so far. Good luck and keep us all updated on your status!

Thanks for everything ladies! I just wanted to post a quick update. I am 24 weeks pregnant (about 6 months). It will be almost a year (June 10- June 11) that I will be due after surgery, and having my baby GIRL. I have not gained a single pound since I got pregnant, and now at 6 months, the baby has got to be using some of it...so I think I may still be losing (just not much). I am still at a total weight loss of 75 lbs (almsot 1/2 way there). Staying consistent at @ 242 lbs. My doctor is really happy with everything, and luckily (so far) no complications. The only thing I am finding is that it takes a lot of effort to not go back to old habbits (even though I can't eat as much). I am able to eat more now than when I found out (about 2/3 cup - 1 cup, of food at a time) but my energy level is consistently low because I can't seem to eat often enough to really sustain it. This baby is sucking the energy out of me faster than I can replenish it. :) Luckily though, I've been craving fruit and veggies more than greasy food or junk food. Occasionally, I will get the urge for something sweet (always been my downfall) but I try to take just a bite if I have to have it, drink juice, or eat some fruit to satisfy it. Honestly though, I have given in a few times, but it seems to be okay.

I will continue to try to keep updating. My memory has been lapsing some. :) I think the baby is taking some of that too.

Thanks again for all the support and congrats. Shyana, how are you doing? I hope all is well with your pregnancy.

Little girls are such blessings! Glad you are doing so well.

Congrats on the baby girl!! I will be 1 year out on May 27th and I am 9 weeks pregnant. I haven't gained any weight at all either but I am still really early! I hope I can say the same when I am six months!! I do find myself hungry all the time! And since I can only eat a little bit at a time it seems like I am eating all the time!! I assume the baby must be taking it or I would be gaining right??? I don't know... well congrats!!

I am 6 weeks post op...2 weeks post op i received my monthly cycle on time as normal prior to surgery and spotted till feb 5th. I have been sexually active with my boyfriend. I should have received my monthly cycle this past feb 20th and did not. it is now the 8th of march and still no aunt flow. I have taken a few pregnancy tests only to have them be negative. Could i be pregnant? Cycle just completely off? Has any one had this problem? i dont see how my first cycle after surgery after losing 18lbs and i received it on time as normal; and now my 2nd cycle post op has yet to show.

It's been a while since I've updated and thought it was about time. I am now in my third trimester with a little over a month to go. Things have gone pretty smoothly, I just run out of energy so dang fast since I still can't eat a lot! I am able to eat a lot more than I thought I would, but I still know my limits (less than a cup of food at a time generally). I have had some weird symptoms lately, but no one seems too concerned about it. I had my belly button bleed and leak weird fluids for a few days. The doctors thought it could have been from the baby stretching that area or a hernia...either they could not do anything about it at 8 months pregnant. It seems to have resolved itself though. I am maintaining my weight at @ 245, so I have litterally gained 0 weight during this pregnancy. I haven't really lost either, but I have a feeling that there is some loss due to the baby gaining weight. Right now she is measuring about 5 lbs. I am pretty much all belly at this point, well that and swelling. :)

My biggest complaint would be that I have NO energy. I know part of that comes with pregnancy in general, but with the amount of nutrition she needs and how much I'm able to eat, I'm the one suffering from exhaustion. Too bad they can't take me off work for that! The doctor has said she's waiting on me to become dehydrated because it's bound to happen with what I can take in. Then she will put me on modified bed rest and take me off work. I work with High school kids that have Moderate to Severe disabilities and it's a HUGE challenge to keep up with them right now. By the middle of the week, I am just a warm body in the room. I really hope it will be in the next couple of weeks that she can do that! I don't know how much longer I will last! Wish me luck ladies!

Im glad I seen your post Tiff cuz that is my main weight loss plan LOW CARBS.. I guess Im going to have to give that one up :( I really really hope I dont gain more than normal!

I was advised to get out of ketosis and to eat carbs because ketosis can cause brain damage to the fetus. So, no more low carbing. The baby will get what it needs from you, but you have to make sure your body doesn't suffer during the pregnancy.

My pregnancy calorie goals were set at 1500-1800 with a minimum of 100gr of Protein and 100gr of carbs.

Best wishes, and keep us posted on how you're progressing. You'll do great, just stay on top of your calories, Calcium, Iron, and Vitamin intake! ! ! I can't imagine dealing with a pregnancy that early out, but it's a fabulous blessing, and I wish nothing but the very best for you and your husband.