Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inexpensive self pay in the USA

Hi guys! Looking for DR's in the gool old USA who have sleeves for a great price. Mexico Dr's around $5,200.00 GREAT price and all of you have great things to say about them. I want to stay in the US but LOVE the $5,200.00 cost. Any ideas????? Thanks much! Vicki:thumbup1:

I don't think it's possible in the US to get a price that low. The doctor that did my band surgery is doing sleeve surgery on people now for 11,000, but the don't even get to stay in the hospital. In my opinion, you need to be in the hospital.

My surgeon did my sleeve for $12,500 including overnight in the hospital.

Don't forget to factor in travel costs when you're considering surgery in Mexico.

Mine was $12,200 (the $200 was for the initial consult, which the insurance did pick up). That includes his fee, the anesthesia fee, the hospital fee, overnight in the hospital, access to the NUT, two years of follow-up visits, and support group meetings. I don't think you're going to find anything nearly as cheap as Mexico in the States.

can anybody in the Southeast chime in with some prices....

I'm in TN and most of the Drs around here haven't done many vsgs but prices I saw were around 17k-22k

being here in SC it seems its not too popular a procedure unless good news is just slow to spread.... I see very few people from SC here on this site for some reason.... but we sure have our share of southern cooking :ohmy: go figure....

Hi guys! Looking for DR's in the gool old USA who have sleeves for a great price. Mexico Dr's around $5,200.00 GREAT price and all of you have great things to say about them. I want to stay in the US but LOVE the $5,200.00 cost. Any ideas????? Thanks much! Vicki:thumbup1:

I had mine done for 15,500 here in San Antonio, I'm sure there are "cheaper" places in the US, but you'll have to do some looking. . . good luck!

Cheap and American Medicine don't go hand in hand unfortunately.

We have just started a Lap Sleeve program at our facility and the current self pay is $12,500 which includes the surgeon, anesthesiologist, nutrition, one year of follow-up, overnight stay in the hospital, and any and all lab/x-rays/gastrografin swallows. It's an additional $1000 per day in the hospital if you have to stay additional days. Usually, patients have the surgery Monday morning and are discharged Tuesday late afternoon/early evening and do quite well.

Because our program is new, I am working with the hospital to really do the first 50 self pay patients at a reduced price such as $8,995. They are very receptive to that and I believe we'll start doing that next month. My training is mostly in Lap RNY gastric bypass but I have left that behind for the Sleeve. We also have weight (<350lb) and BMI (<50) limitations as we proceed to obtain Center of Excellence verification.

So, there are places out there. You just have to search around for places that are close to you and that you are comfortable with.

Try Dr. Ryan Heider outside of Charlotte, NC. He has done several hundred sleeves. Cash pay price is around 12,500, including surgeon, hospital stay and fee, anesthesia and a year of followup.

I got mine done in Mexico on December 8th and I paid 4500 for mine. And I received 2 nights in the hospital and 2 nights in the recovery house with a nurse, cook, and housekeeper on staff 24 hours. My brother came with me and all I had to pay for for him was his flight everything else was included in my price. And my sleeve has been completed I have had no complications and no pain whatsoever not even the day of surgery.

Cheapest I've seen is around 10,000 in USA. That's why a lot of us are going to Mexico. You can go to BeLiteWeight.com. They mostly do Mexico but they have one in Detroit for the price above.

Also, I'm in Alabama and they are wanting about 30,000.

IN Lafayette, Louisiana they do it for $11,500. awesome program and they are doing a ton of sleeves there. (doing around 18-20 a month) They have a brand new website www.acadianaweightlosssurgery.com. Dr. Gachassin & Dr. Eschete are the two surgeons. Well experienced and super nice. Staff is excellent too. You get up to 3 days in hospital which is good if you are out of town.

Cheapest I've seen is around 10,000 in USA. That's why a lot of us are going to Mexico. You can go to BeLiteWeight.com. They mostly do Mexico but they have one in Detroit for the price above.

Also, I'm in Alabama and they are wanting about 30,000.

Hey Wareagle...I am also in Birmingham . I was sleeved Dec 1st with Dr Schmitt with Alabama weight loss surgery. I don't know what his selfpay price is but I am very happy with his office staff and the hospital. They have a great monthly support group also.