Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twentysomething Bandsters

After reading through all of your posts, I really feel we have a lot in common (which is comforting). And everyone seems to be doing great - Congrats!

I am having surgery on July 6 with Dr. Rumbaut. I am a little scared. But like some of you, I am engaged and do not want to wear a plus size dress...so that is my goal.

Wish me luck.

Olive

Olive! Your surgery date is 4 days after my 2 year bandiversary with Dr. Rumbaut! He is a great, great surgeon. You will love him and his entire staff.

Sarah,

Thanks! That makes me feel better. Any tips or things I should know for the trip?

Hmmm... If they are still doing things the way they were when I went there, Doralisa has a nice basket of bandster friendly full liquids for when you get out of the hospital, and there is a mall that is next door to the hotel. My fiance and I walked over to the mall my 2nd day and walked around and that was nice. There's lots of seats at the mall so if you get a little tired just sit for a few minutes.

Other than that, just relax :grouphug:

Hi guys!!! I was so happy to find this thread!! I'm just 20 years old. I went to the seminar for lap-band tonight and will probably be having surgery in August. I'd love to hear from any of you who had surgery in your twenties. You can reach me via email at AEB6831@aol.com. I'm available for instant messenging at AEB6831 as well. Hope to hear from some of you guys soon!!!

I was so encouraged to see your post. I also had surgery on May 31st. My highest weight has been 200, which was only a few pounds over what I was when I went into surgery. I have been feeling a little depressed because I didn't think I was losing enough. I have heard story after story of people who lose thrity plus pounds their first month. Just like you, I have only lost about twenty. I can tell a difference, but I have been unable to be satisfied. And to top it off, I am exercising just about every day. I am also a teacher- this is my second year. I thought that was pretty cool!

Congrats on your decision and good luck with future progress!

I've never had surgery before either, Leona. I guess that kind of adds to our nervousness.

Wow. I'm glad there are alot of us 20 something that are having this done. I felt kind of unsure having this done because everytime I've read about weight loss surgery I never see alot of younger people.

I felt maybe i was jumping into things being so young and all.

(even though i feel alot older)

I'm also worried about my life socially. I still have some what of a social life. I go out with friends now and then. We always go out to eat or drink most of the time. I don't want to stop hanging out with my friends but i don't know if it will be as fun without all the food and drinks.

I guess I'm just babbling now.

July 5- I'm also nervous about my social life afterwards... I am just about to get my first apartment in nyc and am looking forward to dinner parties and cocktail parties... I think I'll still have them, but I'll just eat a smaller amount of what they are eating. I've told all my friends and they are very supportive of me. They know I want this and they are trying to help. I can proudly say that I have only lost one friend to this and it's because he started drug abusing. I hope that I'll still go out- with Crystal Light Flavor Packets and light vodka, but I also hope that I'll be able to go out dancing for more than a hour or so.

Best of luck--- 2 days left for us, until our NEW, much improved life begins!

Hola my fellow twentysomething bandsters!!!!!

:whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

I AM NOW BANDED.

:humble: :humble: :humble: :humble: :humble:

i had my surgery yesterday. Everything going well.

Just trying to heal.

I had so many worries and i was so nervous. I just want to say that it was alot easier than i thought it would be.

thanx.

feeling pretty good.

the port area keeps twitching.

If you've ever been pregnant its kind of like a kick. Its a strong twich.

CReepy.

Hey all I am 22 married and new to all this

my sis in law had gastric bypass but she is almost thirty and has had children I haven't so I want a lapband instead of bypass

I have done lots of research on this I am wandering did anyone's insurance pay 4 this surgery I go to the seminar on july 15th

anywho my stats are 5'9 and i weigh around 265

just wandering what is the normal weight loss for 20 somethings alot of my research has been on older people so not sure how that will fit with me but the doc I called for the surgery said I need a realistic outlook not sure what that is any help would be appreciated like I said I am new 2 this so any info would be great

Congrats July5!! I am so excited for you!

bkwalking ;I have no idea on the insurance thing (I am an Aussie, we have a different system over here) but I can say that I have lost about 95% of my excess weight at this stage. So it can be done. Good luck with your research.

Hey everyone!

I am 25 and was banded on July 5th! I am so excited to find a group that I fit in with!!

I am married and just bought my first house with my husband in Long Island, NY. I am originally from Brooklyn, NY. DH was also banded in April. I am an English teacher and cannot wait to return to school a few lbs lighter in September!!

Congratulations to everyone else who is to be banded this week and everyone else that has been banded and is being successful!!

Nice to meet all of yoU!! I cannot wait to be fully healed so I can begin on this incredible journey to a thinner me!

Yay!