Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know the last couple weeks have been pure hell for me and I have simply been trying to find an outlet. I no longer have the ability to talk with my spouse about this surgery as it has caused a major problem in our almost 10 year old marriage. I'm moving and I will not have a surgeon.

Someone posted about my pain management and Fibromyalgia. Yes, I am on medication for that but it is NOT regular opiate pain medication and NO it does NOT effect my judgement. My doctor told me I would never get into trouble driving even if they tested my blood for it so that's hardly under the influence. There are many people who suffer from Fibro and if you want more information on my specific medication simply send me a PM and I'll be glad to share my experience and help you if possible. Don't accuse me of being a drug abuser because you are ignorant and unfamiliar with a decision my doctor and I made together for a particular medication regime that is simply off label use he feels comfortable prescribing. In other words, my medication usage is my business, but this is a forum and if I can help someone feel better great, but don't accuse me of abusing drugs or having my thought process clouded by drug use.

No matter how I got here I'm here. Everyone deals with this surgery differently and while I do have my personal opinion on why I am here I will keep that to myself. I don't have a problem with any single person on here except maybe littlesteve but that's because of the way he chooses to answer people and simply being rude and unhelpful.

As I mentioned previously. This surgery does not come with an owner's manual and who better to ask than someone who has already been there? If you don't want to deal with me, it's really easy. There are ignore features or you don't have to read my posts and certainly nobody is going to force you to respond.

Again I am sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion. At this point I wish to not discuss how I got here but deal with what I am stuck dealing with day to day and simply survive.

Carrie, I didn't mean to imply at all that you were abusing drugs!

I was simply offering a suggestion that the medication in combination with out of whack hormones that we all experience after surgery and weight loss might be affecting your mood.

It was only out of concern and I was just trying to help.

Carrie, I didn't mean to imply at all that you were abusing drugs!

I was simply offering a suggestion that the medication in combination with out of whack hormones that we all experience after surgery and weight loss might be affecting your mood.

It was only out of concern and I was just trying to help.

I sincerely appreciate you concern. I simply do not want nor do I need rumors or people to believe I am a drug abuser because of a misquote, thus I felt the reason to clarify.

Take care,

Stop victimizing yourself. I have gone back and read so many of your posts, and it is very sad to see what you are doing. Is it simply to get attention that you are not getting at home?

Seriously seek out some counseling. Your children deserve a healthier mother.

Carrie, honey, I really hope that when you get to your new home, your very very highest priority will be to find a mental health professional to whom you can talk about all these issues.

You've been through a trauma and there's no shame at all in needing some professional help in dealing with it. The sooner you take action to get that help, the better off you and your children will be!

Hugs to you and best wishes!!

Stop victimizing yourself. I have gone back and read so many of your posts, and it is very sad to see what you are doing. Is it simply to get attention that you are not getting at home?

Seriously seek out some counseling. Your children deserve a healthier mother.

Again, you don't have to post if you don't want to. I am here for support as are most folks, if you aren't capable of offering support really what's the point in posting a reply? I believe I made it clear on how the IGNORE feature works.

Carrie, honey, I really hope that when you get to your new home, your very very highest priority will be to find a mental health professional to whom you can talk about all these issues.

You've been through a trauma and there's no shame at all in needing some professional help in dealing with it. The sooner you take action to get that help, the better off you and your children will be!

Hugs to you and best wishes!!

Thanks MlkPas.

Carrie, I don't think you are anti-sleeve or your sleeve experience is what you are struggling with in all honestly. You were traumatized by a medical professional, and forced into something that you decided that you weren't ready for by your family, and for that none of us can relate. BUT, support doesn't always come in the form of just saying what you want to hear.

You know that there are underlying issues which you are making the conscious choice to ignore. I'm sorry, but from all of your posts, it is not hard to decipher what is going on even over the internet.

You have been through a hell of an ordeal, none of us have discredited that fact. But, you have to accept that the sleeve is NOT at fault for your issues. You weren't anti-sleeve until your family guilted you into it, you were asking to "feel human" again, you changed your mind, and had every right to do so, but please don't blame for your anger, or that you're having a bad sleeve experience. You have praised Dr. Castro, but you said in a previous post that you are anti-sleeve. There's a lot of confusion, and to be honest a lot of downright contradictions in most of your posts.

I hope that you do seek trained medical counseling because this horrific situation has thoroughly traumatized you, and I only want you to be healthy, mentally and physically.

We are here to support you, but it wouldn't be real support if we didn't try to help you see that the issues lie deeper than just the sleeve surgery. If we all just poor Carrie, or it's okay to not discuss things with your husband, or play the "woe is Carrie" card constantly, all we're doing is enabling you to continue to not face the obstacles that are standing in the way of your having a wonderful sleeve experience in it's entirety.

Not to be snarky, but the ignore feature works both ways. For those of us that you feel are not giving you the support you need or want, ignore works in that scenario as well.

Carrie - Are you in Redmond, WA now? If so, I live somewhat close to you. I would be glad to meet with you face to face. It may help to have someone a little further along to talk to and discuss issues. If you'd like to arrange something, please send me a PM.

I'm in the process of moving to Redmond. We should be up there around this time next month as we are finishing up on stuff down here. I am not familiar with the area as I've only been to Seattle on vacation about 2 years ago for a weekend so it's going to be an adventure. How far away are you?

Redmond is about 20 minutes away from where I work in Mountlake Terrace.

Tiff,

I think every fat person has issues, some deeper than others. All have to be dealt with whenever that person is ready to deal with them.

I know support is a two way street and it's hard to understand where a person is coming from based soley on the internet. At this time I am not seeking psych support from this forum and having upteen people say get professional help is really of no benefit. Everyone has their own path to and from this or any other WLS, regardless of what path they are on each and everyone deserve respect and support.

If you look at my replies to folks I haven't told one single person NOT to get the sleeve regardless of my personal experience with it. One person asked if anyone regreted and I spoke up, she was asking about a reversible surgery as she wasn't sure. I believe if a person isn't sure then the sleeve isn't for them at this time, kinda like a tattoo, if you think you will regret it next week then it's best left at the tattoo shop on the wall not on your skin.

I will however agree with you based on the amount of frustration I am experiencing my thoughts and opinions of this surgery change often as do I believe most people's view. My experience with this surgery thus far has sucked. But I have realized I am stuck and I'm trying to move on and work my life around what is left to work with. That's all I am seeking, help with what I have physically.

MINI-me what a nice offer to make, it always amazes me when people over the internet are willing to help others out. People like you make the world a better place.

I want to help too, so...I am in Yakima and would graciously allow you to buy me a steamed milk w/SF almond Syrup if it will help the cause out! :D

Jane c- Next time I am in Yakima or you are around the Everett area, you are on!

I can honestly say I am excited about a Washington get together. I just have to get my house together first...lol.. I'm from Texas so 300 mile distances aren't anything for me. So let me know when and where, we can get a mixed plate and share it should be REALLLLLY cheap!