Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If it were up to you, what laws would you create?

Okay, my big gripe is parents who are ignorant enough to take young children with them to a theater to watch a movie that is totally inappropriate for kids. I have actually watched parents, after a child has gotten interested in the movie, throw a coat over a child's head to keep her from witnessing what is happening on the screen! And all the while the child is fighting to get out from under the coat and screaming, "I want to see!" My concern is partly for the children who are subjected to sexual and violent scenes they should never have to experience, but also I am irritated because it ruins a movie for me when I am so worried about what these children are experiencing. I am actually incapable of concentrating on a movie when this happens because of my anger at these selfish parents and concern for the children. If you can't afford a sitter, tough! Go to a children's movie with your kids and wait until they are grown to see the movies you want to see! There ought to be a law!!!

I'd make it illegal to refer to your SO as "the ball and chain". I just hate that, I think it's so disrespectful.

Stores are no longer allowed to sell thong underwear in the children's department.

No more suing me because you're stupid. In my husband's native country, the loser of a lawsuit has to pay both parties' court costs. When this law was passed, their frivilous lawsuits (which weren't high to begin with) dropped over 60%.

If you're caught drunk driving, mandatory attempted manslaughter.

If you kill someone, forget a formal death penalty, we're just going to lock you up in a room with the victim's family for a while.

And while we're at it, no more thousands & thousands to execute someone painlessly. Did their victim die painlessly?

Companies sending me unsolicited credit cards have to give me $100. Each time.

No book can be banned or burned, ever, regardless.

Anyone on welfare cannot have another child until they get off of welfare and have stayed off for X amount of time.

I, personally, like to give the McDonalds people bizzare amounts to pay with so that the change is something "even". Like what ever I get I give you 5 and some change so that I get $.75 cent back. Even if my total was like $4.33. It confuses them and I enjoy it.

I use to work in a call center, so I would like it to be a law that when you call the call center to the bank or pc fix-it line that you realise:

a. this is just a job for me

b. no, i dont make policy, but I can be fired if i promise to give you $xx dollars back because you bounced a check and you didnt add and subtract right.

c. NEVER cuss at me, for any reason, even if i am not moving fast enough for you or the computers or down or cause you bounced a check and didnt ad or subtract right.

The punishments for such infractions is that I have a button on my phone that can shock the bejezzus out of your ear.

On the flip side, If I call a call center and they dont know the policy, cant help me or hang up on me because the dont want to deal with my call, I have the same button.

Very cool.

Airlines should charge a certain $ amount per mile. With an extra $100 for first class. First come first served. I hate going nuts trying to get a good deal. On a plane I could be paying $300, my seatmate $250, across the aisle $450, 2 rows down $180.

There should be no personal income tax similiar to Florida.

Teachers should get paid as much as celebrities or even better vice versa

Waitstaff should stop referring to the guests as "guys". As in "How you doing guys?" "Are you guys finished?"

Mullett hairstyle should be outlawed

Cars should be priced with one price like Saturn

There is a seperation between church and state. Marriage is for any committed people no matter straight or gay.

US healthcare should be completely overhauled

Everyone should be required to watch "An Inconvenient Truth with Al Gore" movie

Everyone should repeat after me: "Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction"

Trucks and cars should have seperate roadways similiar to the Garden State Parkway

When I tell people I am from New Jersey originally and they say "What Exit? in their pathetic Joe Piscopo imitation-it should be legal for me to bitch slap them.

Menopause should be condensed into a 2 week time frame with spas available to women for the entire 2 weeks

Just some random ideas

New Law: Anyone who reads the tabloids sold at supermarket checkout counters would forfeit their right to vote.

I don't mean reading the headlines on the covers as they wait. I mean actually reading the stories.

No,no, no.. Only if they believe the article are true. I found one laying around in the airport lounge during a layover. I thought I was gonna bust a gut laughing.

No,no, no.. Only if they believe the article are true. I found one laying around in the airport lounge during a layover. I thought I was gonna bust a gut laughing.

I have had people quote those articles to me as if Gospal.:)

In a debate during the 2004 presidential campaign, a coworker (at break) used an article in either the Globe or the Inquirer (Enquirer?) to try to prove a point for his candidate of choice.:help:

New Rules:

1) Complete separation of church & state. Yep, even take the word "God" off the penny.

2) Legalize marijuana and end the pointless "war on drugs."

3) Legalize gay marriage.

4) Tax the hell out of SUVs. And then tax them some more.

5) Gun control.

6) Abolish the death penalty.

New Rules:

1) Complete separation of church & state. Yep, even take the word "God" off the penny.

5) Gun control.

I agree 100% which will probably make us the two most unpopular people at this forum.

1. Ban public smoking - everywhere. You can still smoke in the privacy of your own home/automobile.

2. Convicted drug dealers have to serve their time in rehab facilities, helping/cleaning up after people who want to kick their habit.

3. Impose a strict, no appeal five year limit on drug patents.

4. Require congress members to pay into Social Security, instead of riding the retirement milk wagon they have now.

TOUGHEN THE LEGAL PUNISHMENT!!! eye for an eye, including the death penlity. No more of this death row crap for 15 years, while you have time to appeal. No more millions of dollars waisted houseing a dead Man/woman. No more cable, workout room, No more school. (how is it fair that I can bairly afford to go to college but they can attend on my dime, pisses me off)

RUDE PEOPLE SUCK!! if you are having a bad day and everyone one is pissing you off for no reason STAY HOME. No need to go out in public and take it out on the nice people...

4 WAY STOPS. PAY ATTENTION!!! don't sit there like a not on a log when its your turn, then when I finally say screw it I'm going and start to go, you cuse me out and look at me like I am a fool.. HELLO PAY ATTENTION!!!

I could go all day... I also agree that old drivers need to ride the bus....

I think a new law should be that two people, whether they are sisters, brothers, roommates, lovers, etc. should be able to form a union, partnership, etc. for the purposes of income tax, medical insurance, medical decisions, inheritance, etc. Take religion out of this discussion and some of the arguments against same sex marriages would go away because they wouldn't need to get "married". Why do married people get preferential treatment on income taxes? If IRS recognizes "marriages" it should also recognize other types of unions, with little or no effort on the part of the participants.

Probably not what you were looking for, but this has really been getting to me lately. Barbara is getting off her soap box now.

Amen!!!

Definite tax reform. It burns me to no end that because DH and I have a high income we have to pay a higher percentage of taxes. I have no problems with paying more money, but I have a lot of problem with paying a higher percentage. Because we worked our butts off in school, worked our way up the ladder, had the ambition, drive & motivation to find good paying jobs -- don't penalize us more than someone who does not.

AMEN!!!

New Rules:

5) Gun control.

AMEN!!! And hell I agree with the above and even own an SUV... (a tiny one though) but I'd be willing to pay more taxes on it if the rest of your laws went into effect.

1. Legalize Gay marriage. The fact that it is not legal is an atrocity against basic and fundamental human rights in our country, especially since there is supposed to be seperation of church and state.

2. No babies in movie theaters. They can't enjoy/pay attention to/understand the movie anyway and have ruined countless movies for me with their screaming.

3. No talking in movie theaters. Violaters of this law should be banned from the theater forever.

4. Legalize marajuana. I don't even smoke it, but how dare anyone tell an adult what they can and can't do? Pot is healthier and far, far less deadly than drinking alcohol.

5. Legalize prostitution. I don't do it, but how dare anyone tell anyone what they can and can't make money from? It's the world's oldest profession for goodness sake! If prostitution were legalized, it could be regulated and therefor spread less disease, plus it would be great for the economy.

6. Healthcare for everyone!!!

TOUGHEN THE LEGAL PUNISHMENT!!! eye for an eye, including the death penlity. No more of this death row crap for 15 years, while you have time to appeal.

Make sure we execute them before we find out that they were innocent.

No more school. (how is it fair that I can bairly afford to go to college but they can attend on my dime, pisses me off)

80% of all violent criminals are illiterate. Educating them protects the community. During a pilot program in the 1980's only one of 200 maximum security convicts who received a college education and then were released after serving their full sentence was re-arrested, but 78% of those who did not get schooling were re-arrested. Think of all the extra victims and all the extra money it took to prosecute and re-incarcerate those people.