Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If it were up to you, what laws would you create?

Ok, what about the person that turns in front of you, then BRAKES. WTF? Or someone waiting to turn who cuts you off, even though there's a mile of empty road behind you. Would it have killed you to wait another 3 seconds for me to get past you?

I would create separate lanes for semi trucks, and use taxes against them to fund creation & maintenance completely. I'm tired of getting stuck behind two semis going 50 in a 70. Plus for them, the roads would be constructed with wide turns so that cars wouldn't have to try and find the room to reverse away from the stop line because the semi is GOING to make that turn in front of you, regardless of how close to hitting your car it comes.

Definite tax reform. It burns me to no end that because DH and I have a high income we have to pay a higher percentage of taxes. I have no problems with paying more money, but I have a lot of problem with paying a higher percentage. Because we worked our butts off in school, worked our way up the ladder, had the ambition, drive & motivation to find good paying jobs -- don't penalize us more than someone who does not.

Another law -- as much as I'm so left I'm almost off the scale, "child molesters" and "bullet in the head" go together really well. Who cares what we can learn from them.

For the amount of money it takes to keep someone in a high security prison for a year, we could put an awful lot of law-abiding citizens through ivy league schools. if we're going to put that much money out for it, then make prison a punishment. No lawsuits because you didn't get seconds on your KoolAid or because the TV only has 20 channels. You gave up your rights when you chose to break the law. (My father is an ass't warden, so I know well both sides of this argument, I just think the whole situation is ridiculous. Prison needs to be a deterrent, not a safe haven).

I too could go on and on.

"child molesters" and "bullet in the head" go together really well. Who cares what we can learn from them.

I am seriously considering adding this to my signature line(s)!!

I am also loving the semi / highway tax reform. I have missed or nearly missed many exits because I was unable to read the signs until I had almost passed them. Ooh, make the trucks (and port cargo containers) lucite! Easier to screen...

OK now I am just ranting... stopping now.

I never encountered this silly game that truckers play on the interstates until I came to Tennessee to see my kids. My daughter and I were on the way back from Nashville and were about 8 cars behind 2 truckers playing what my daughter called "Roadblock" (fairly common I guess). It is two semis going side by side at 40 mph and holding traffic up. I guess they keep it up until someone with a cell phone calls in a report and puts a stop to it, but that doesn't happen immediately. This went on for about 1/2 an hr. before we finally saw them pulled over. Playing cars in semis and cars is dangerous business....this is also a pet peeve of mine.

Dody

People who think it's okay to make fun of fat people should be disemboweled, then drawn and quartered. That's after hot pokers are shoved into their eyes of course. Muhahahahahahaha. :)

Maybe there should be a law about folks who cram their way to the front of the line at the airport, even though they're sitting in coach and scheduled to board in the last group called. ? ??

Or how about that ONE FROO FROO lady who holds up the entire plane because she brought on luggage that SHOULD have been checked (rule: if you're not big enough to hoist it into the overhead, DON"T BRING IT ON BOARD).

Honking should be reserved ONLY for emergencies. It is downright rude to honk at someone because the light is GOING TO TURN Green at some point. Arghhhh... rude, rude, rude.

Don't get me started...

((sigh)) As a cop... don't even get me started on what laws there "should" be. How about having the ones we enforce upheld?? I am sick and tired of arresting and writing citations to just have them plea, take court supv., probation, etc etc for the 20th time in their lives. Sickening!!!

I'd make a law that elderly drivers have to be road tested to renew their drivers licenses every 2 years. I was rear-ended by an 83 year old man who had had a stroke and couldn't pick up his feet to walk, let alone the pedals in the car, was blind in one eye and had no depth perception in the other, and NEVER should have been allowed behind the wheel of a car. My spine was fractured and I'm now considered 25% disabled. Along with that, one of my day care babies was killed, and many lives were changed forrever. This could all be avoided if elderly people were tested more frequently.

Another law I'd make is that judges who make stupid decisions that endanger children should be held liable. Some of the decisions made by judges are criminally stupid!

All done emoting...

Emily

and those who had 'issues' with 'non-traditional' (human only) couples could sleep at night.

I like it! Very PC of you to specify "human only". Those animal rights people can be such a pain in the butt.

Definite tax reform. It burns me to no end that because DH and I have a high income we have to pay a higher percentage of taxes. I have no problems with paying more money, but I have a lot of problem with paying a higher percentage. Because we worked our butts off in school, worked our way up the ladder, had the ambition, drive & motivation to find good paying jobs -- don't penalize us more than someone who does not.

Another law -- as much as I'm so left I'm almost off the scale, "child molesters" and "bullet in the head" go together really well. Who cares what we can learn from them.

For the amount of money it takes to keep someone in a high security prison for a year, we could put an awful lot of law-abiding citizens through ivy league schools. if we're going to put that much money out for it, then make prison a punishment. No lawsuits because you didn't get seconds on your KoolAid or because the TV only has 20 channels. You gave up your rights when you chose to break the law. (My father is an ass't warden, so I know well both sides of this argument, I just think the whole situation is ridiculous. Prison needs to be a deterrent, not a safe haven).

Stands up and cheers and whistles and claps and cheers some more!!

:clap2: :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I love your answer Weetsin. I have been on a campaign lately about this issue. It just frosts me that so much time is spent trying to prevent same sex marriages. I'm not sure the issue really is "marriage", but more a recognized union. It doesn't have to be for the purposes of sex .....

oh some day others will be perfect like me and this will become so crystal clear. :) Until then the insanity will continue.

I definitely agree with getting the old people off of the road. My boyfriend was creamed by a senile, half-blind confused 90 yr old woman who pulled out right in front of him and hit him. She said she couldn't see very well--Anybody over 70 should be required to take a driving test and pass it with flying colors each year to keep their license. It is much too dangerous. Also, I think we should have separate roads for the semi-trucks. I, too hate their racing games that they play. It also seems that the most obnoxious truckers screwing with you on the roads are the ones that have major debris flying out hitting your window OVER AND OVER AGAIN while you are unsuccessfully trying to get away from them. Ughh...

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/200/150

5'7''

OOOOOOOOOh. I could do this forever.

All child molesters, on their first offense, should get locked up forever along with chemical castration. This goes for the sickos that get caught in internet stings too.

Anyone who kills someone should spend the rest of their life behind bars. no more 'paroled in 8 years' or anything like that.

basically i think that all of our penalties should become harsher. it is crazy how relaxed we are with our criminals in this country.

now for the silliness. :)

I think it should be a law that if you go anywhere with your children, they should be attached to a leash that is attached to you. I am totally with wheetsin on this one. I am willing to do that with my kids, but they know better too and are well behaved. I got slammed into by a 6 kids riding in and pushing a cart in Walmart one time. They hit me so hard my hip popped and i fell on the ground. The mother was in the aisle over. Rob went and found her...the kids had scattered like roaches, and the woman rounded them up, and walked away. no forced apology, no apology from her. she didn't even look at me. she is lucky i wasn't more seriously hurt.

I think it should be a law that if you work in any sort of customer service capacity in this nation that you speak perfect english! i don't care where you are from. or if you have an accent. If you can't understand me when I ask you a question, or you answer me in half english/half some other language, you should not be in that job!!!!!

I think it should be a law that if you work in any sort of job that handles money, specifically giving me change in any capacity....you should be able to count!!!!!!!!! did you know that most mcdonalds screens not only show how much change to give, but actually show what coins to use and how many?!?! that is sickening!!! why is this country becoming so stupid? And why are we supporting it!!!

ok...this is raising my BP i am gonna take a break from this thread LOL

I live in Florida.....

My new law would have EVERYONE over a certain age take a yearly drivers test!

I'm on the same wave length as Jack..

chocolate = 0 CALORIES :hungry:

but packed with Vitamins and Protein, a free food like veggies

Exercise should be against the law..to dangerous :eek:

People who spit, fart or pick their nose in public should be :)