Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If it were up to you, what laws would you create?

I would create a law that made it so that anyone caught throwing a cigarette butt out of their window had to go back, search until they found it, and eat it.

I would also make a law that anyone who spits or "hocks a lugey" onto a public surface, or in public view, has to fill a cup with the exact Fluid they just expelled and then drink it.

I like yours! Mine is less creative:

I think headlights should be required if your wipers are on.

I got one, the people who exit the freeway, then cross over and re-enter just to dodge a chunk of standing, rush-hour traffic. It should cause severe tire damage. Selfish, selfish people.

Spitting out gum on the sidewalk or parking lot. I feel bad putting gum in the trash without wrapping it! On the ground?! What a mess.

OH! And you know how folks empty their drinks and coffee cups on the ground outside their car? The next person who pulls into that spot has to step out into it! Hellloooo!!!! Pour it out in the grass or something!

There outta be a law. LOL

Gah!! I hate it when the car/truck door opens on the car ahead of me at a red light, and then this head appears and a big ole lugie slops to the ground. I just want to puke! I'll vote for that law Wheetsin!

There out to be a law about keeping children safely secured in moving vehicles. Oh wait. There already is one! Ok, those caught breaking that law should lose their driver's license for 6 months!

I think a new law should be that two people, whether they are sisters, brothers, roommates, lovers, etc. should be able to form a union, partnership, etc. for the purposes of income tax, medical insurance, medical decisions, inheritance, etc. Take religion out of this discussion and some of the arguments against same sex marriages would go away because they wouldn't need to get "married". Why do married people get preferential treatment on income taxes? If IRS recognizes "marriages" it should also recognize other types of unions, with little or no effort on the part of the participants.

Probably not what you were looking for, but this has really been getting to me lately. Barbara is getting off her soap box now.

There should be a law against drivers that wait til the lane ends before trying to get over when there is a road sign saying the lane will end in 1000 feet. I'd rather hit the car in front of me than let them in! AARGGH!!!

Or worse, they get out of the crowded lane and into the ending lane... speed right up to the merge and force themselves back in! *shaking fist*

*snickers* I do that! :) As far as I'm concerned. If it's a lane, I can drive in it. (Go on.. throw rotten apples at me!)

It's better than the jerks who ride the middle turning lane to get to the left turn lanes a half a mile from the light! We see near-misses and head on's all the time around here because of this.

What if the tax breaks were taken from married couples but applied to households. Then seperated couples would have an easier time getting their info together and would be unable to go decades dodging taxes. Roomates (like sibs) who decided to stay single could reap the benefits of a stable household and those who had 'issues' with 'non-traditional' (human only) couples could sleep at night.

Now we only need an established church to support same sex union and 'freedom of religion' can start working for the liberals too. I think it is about time. Maybe the athiests should unionize, what say you Wheetsin?

I was next to a car at Walmart the other day and the woman opened her door and emptied her ashtray right on the ground beside me...unbelievable. I gave up smoking some years ago and it's the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I can actually "smell" a smoker if I pass them in the store. I can't believe they don't know that smell lingers right with them as they go about their day. Stale smoke is one of the worse smells in the world. I think people that once smoked are far worse non-smokers than others. I would have liked someone to have arrested the woman who did that and put an orange vest on her, send her out with the other inmates, and let her clean litter up from the side of the highway.:clap2:

OK, off my soapbox for now too. :)

People who drive in the lane thats ending is a BIG issue with me too! If they would merge 1/2 mile back like most of us, the traffic wouldn't have to come to a dead stop at the bottleneck. I'll run 'em over (almost) to make my point, or a little horn, or international sign language, always makes me feel better. I think my biggest gripe tho is inconciderate people in stores. My Mom is handicapped, and uses one of those little carts, and it P****s me to no end to be with her and see how people crowd her, run into her with carts, and cut in front of her in line. I've almost gone to jail a couple of times because I tried to explain manners to these morons. Another thing that bothers me is skinny people in restaurants who sit and watch me eat, and discuss what I order, and how much I eat. Ok, I've vented!

OH boy...... I could write laws against stupidity for DAYS!!

The lane ending one gets me, but almost worse than that, is people who do the same thing, on the freeway, getting into an Exit lane JUST before the exit... slowing down everyone behind them and cutting off everyone who was in the correct lane to begin with! I too would almost rather hit someone than let them in.

People with multiple driving offenses, or extreme driving offenses should lose their licenses. Maybe for a period of time of 6 months or a year, but if you lose your license a 2nd time, it's FOREVER! Example: Fiance is driving home, goes to turn left, and he's the only one in the left hand turn lane, the lady stopped at the light in the 'going straight' lane, decides she must turn left, so she scoots over in front of Mike, and now is in the left turn lane AND the going straight lane. People going straight are not thrilled and tell her so. (She is on her cell phone) She pulls forward into the intersection (red turn arrow), then reverses (trying to adjust to the correct lane), is still just as much in the going straight lane. When the light turns green, she hits the gas, NOT HAVE PUT HER CAR BACK IN DRIVE FROM REVERSE. All of the 3 or 4 cars in the left lane laid on the horns. Mike was directly behind her, but fortunately left ALOT of room between him and her.

Around here a few years ago there was a law created about driving while talking on your cell phone; you HAD to have a hands free set, it was a big deal for about 6 weeks and the dissappeared. I think they should reimplement it, and inforce with an insane strictness.

There should be cops cops. Cops that drive around looking for cops to break traffic laws. I can't count the number of times I've seen cops blow red lights, not use turn signals, turn from the wrong lane, turn on their siren to get by a red light, and on and on and on....

Ok, need to stop now...

I'm in! And my response to "Why do married people get preferential treatment on income taxes?" is - of course - because as much as America claims it's there, and that it's a founding principle of the country, there really is no separation of church and state on a systemic level.

Another law - something about kids in stores. I hate it when I'm pushing my cart don the aisle and have to stop for 3 kids riding the model bicyclews around the store, or throwing balls at each other, or playing hide and seek in the clothing rack -- and mom or dad are no where to be found, of course. But look away, say AT SOMETHING YOU WANT TO BUY, and have one of these kids run into you and fall down & get hurt, and all hell will break loose.