Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello pink

my name is deb and i live in western ma, nice to meet you. do you have a date for your lap band ? will you be going to BIDMC?

Hi pink! welcome to our thread!

chris - my shoulders and neck hurt for DAYS! hang in there, its the co2 working its way out of the system. i took mre pain meds for that than my tummy. glad you are doing well and WELCOME to the club!

how is everyone else doing?

hugs - dez

Nana - were you taking a daily Vitamin when you had the bloodwork done? That's something you really need to do if you're not already doing it. My Iron was borderline. I had to take the vitamin and they told me Calcium played a part in that as well so I have to take 2 Viactivs a day.

Chrispy - Wahooo girl you did it. Take your time, take it slow it's all about healing right now. Baby yourself for a bit...you do deserve that ya know :grouphug: If you need ANYTHING..."Just call out my name, and I'll be there ya ya ya...you got a friend" hahaha couldn't resist!

dezadoo - you're doing great! Keep up the good work there my friend.

Rainbow - You're doing great too. Wahooo:)

I'm happy everyone is doing ok and Nana you're going to get there too!

I heard today about the job I applied for. I had to do some fancy footwork regarding the pay but, we came to a good compromise I think so I took the job :grouphug: We'll see how that all plays out...if anything it's a great opportunity to learn more and put more information and education under my belt for future use :thanks:

Hope everyone is doing well and shrinking :D

:clap2: congrats on the new job sherry!

chris - how are you feeling? listen to sherry, baby yourself, you'll be back in the swing of things in no time. i found that walking around the block helped in the healing. (and the losing)

nana - the flintsones chewables don't suck and you can get used to them for post op.

oh - try adora for Calcium, it comes in milk and dark chocolate and it's WAY better than viactiv! i love it! june told me about it last week, you can try 3 choc discs for about $1 at target or a bag is about $7. i got the dark cuz they were out of milk choc.

deb - how are ya?

dez

thanks dezadoo. Hopefully the job will end up not so stressful but, I doubt it lol. Anyway...I'll have to try some of those adora's too. I do like the caramel Viactivs though. The chocolate I can do without but, managed to finish that box of em.

So....it would be great if we could all get together before the winter weather happens. Anyone interested in a weekend in November?

Hi all,

Everyone sounds so good. Congrats Sherry. And Chris, the worst is over I think. Just try to get rid of gas and take pain meds, and take it easy. Yes, I am taking Multi-Vitamin and Calcium, so the question is bleeding from somewhere which has me worried. Also a past serious anemia means I shouldn't take Iron which is what they wanted to put me on. So, June was going to check with Dr. H to see next step. I think I am paranoid about "not being a candidate" or insurance not paying that I will worry every step of the way. Wish I was at any of your stages. But I will have to go in steps. I will wait to see what Dr. H says. If you want to get together I will, but I had wanted to wait until banded. I am puppy sitting Nov. 7 - 15th. Nanaviv

P. S. from Nanaviv

I guess I didn't see a post by Pink, but "hello" and welcome to our Lapband Talks. Out of our group I am the only left to be banded at Beth Israel.

Hi folks, ok here is the scoop. Went to BI yesterday. A great ride in, had lunch with Michelle (love that girl) she gave me a t-shirt from the walk for obesity. Told me how much fun the kids had (wish I could of done it with them). Hot off the presses Angie is leaving for a job closer to home and easier to get to than working in Boston. Meeting with Kelly and she added stage 5 info and to start taking Calcium. The place was crazy I guess they over booked or something, I never got to talk with Dr. Jones, saw instead a Dr. Powers (another fellow?) It was a slam-dunk and I was out, no fill !?! I did lose weight 8 pounds. I worked my ass off not sure I can keep up the pace of what I was doing for work outs (on the last week I was putting in 3 hrs a day on treadmill). After leaving there went to see my dad for a bit in Randolph. Then back down the mass pike for home (hit traffic). I didn’t get to see Michelle when I was leaving, she was with a patient. But I called her later, told her if I stop losing weight I will call for a sooner appt. for a fill (next appt Nov. 29th). We will see.

Chris….How ya feeling?

Sherry..…congrats on the new job. Change is good LOL. My weekends off in Nov is the weekend of the 11th and 18th

Nana… keep a chin up your time will come

Dez… How are you doing with your 1st fill? What was it like? What is the difference now?

To all my new friends have a great day

deb

Wow Deb that is some big news. I'm sorry to hear that Angi is leaving, but she needs to do what is best for her no doubt. They had a beautiful day for the walk. I ended up having to work that day to get caught up at the office so I didn't go to the walk. Dr Jones said it was a pretty decent turn out though.

Sorry to hear you didn't have your fill. They decided not to fill you because you've been losing weight, right?

I am feeling better today. So far so good. Still have the pain in my shoulders, but my stomach is less sore. I'm just taking tylenol today, and hopefully this will be enough to keep the edge off. I feel soooo full. It's weird. My stomach is growling, but I could care less about eating or drinking anything. Right now I am just focusing on some Water and I'll work on some Protein later today. Right now I feel uncomfortably full, so I don't want to push it.

Well ladies, I think it's time for my mid-morning nap. lol. I haven't slept this much in ages! I'll check in with you all later on.

Chris

hi all!

sorry i missed the walk but i thought it was raining cuz it was here. i wonder why you didn't get a fill, i am still losing but he filled me anyway. i told him i was eating more but i lost 8 lbs in 5 wks. oh well, the fill is goin ok so far but i did have my first pb incident and may it NEVER happen again. i got sick at the topsfield fair but i didn't eat much and thought i chewed well. i guess the fill kicked in in a big way!

Uh oh Dezadoo - the dreaded PB! lol. It's bound to happen, but it totally stinks that it happened while you were at the fair. My sister lives in Melrose and they LOVE the Topsfield Fair. They go every year.

I'm feeling even better today, and have noticed a huge drop on the scale so I'm excited about that. I've weighed myself for two days straight to make sure it wasn't a fluke. lol. I am going to work on getting my Protein Drinks down today and maybe picking up around here a bit. I've been a slob! lol.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this great weather!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Glad you're feeling better Chrispy. I actually heard that Debbie Z was leaving...do you think it's both leaving? To me it's getting really crazy at that office...I hope they do something about it. Maybe some of these interns they keep putting in the room with me will end up joining the team.

hey there people...........when i spoke with angi and she has about 3 weeks left.

michelle offered to work mondays, she is tue wed thurs now

not sure why i didn'y get a fill!? i think it was because it was so crazy there and they over booked. i could be wrong

what does PB stand for

onthe day shift now, shoukd have a slow weekend yippie