Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ June Chat

hey yall!:rolleyes:

Love this thread! NIce to have a group of us all together!:D

Nikki: what i do is go ahead and order what you want like normal and get them to bring a to go box with them and then split it in half and eat some and take the rest or just eat it and have them brign ya a box for left overs.

im a large gal and it really gets questions when they see me order a childs plate or when i half it lol shocks them i guess lol

good luck yall!:clap2:

Hey Everyone! Glad I found you guys on this new thread! Hope everyone is doing great! I'm back to work today and feeling pretty good! I've got a little squeezy pink pillow in my lap to support my tummy! I go back to my surgeon tomorrow for a one-week check up. I'm doing pretty well on the mushies, just trying to remember to eat slowly!! I burp a lot still! I get a pressure in my chest when eating that tells me to stop.. it so weird! This is what I ate yesterday... 1 carnation instant Breakfast (1/2 at a time), 1/2 cup thin grits, 1/2 cup re-fried Beans (thinned), 1/2 cup mashed pototos and gravy and 1/4 cup apple sauce. Does this sound like too much? Too little? I'm trying to drink my liquids too! EEK!! I'm going to start adding calories up and double-check with my surgeon tomorrow on what range I should be in! Thanks for starting this thread 3loves!

Oops! Forgot to ask.. can you guys feel your port? My port incision is directly below my breasts about 3 inches down in the center, and I can feel a lump in there even if not pressing hard... I'm gonna ask my doc tomorrow about it, but was just wondering if you guys can feel yours this early on!

christy668 - The place we went to was an Buffet so it was easy for me to just do the to-go-buffet and eat from there...I think I ate from it may two more times before throwing it away. Most of the people I'm around know about the surgery and are very curious and excited for me. I expected them to ask alot of questions, but sometimes you just want to feel "normal". It takes so long to wat now so when everyone else is finished I'm still eating...slowly...slowly. They just tell me they are eating for me too now. I'll really be glad when I have my first fill next week, I liked it better when i wasn't hungry all the time, that lasted for a week and a half after surgery. It's not that bad really, I just find myself trying to fit in all the Water and still be able to eat. What really kills me is having to sip my water, at times I am so thirsty because of this heat i just want to gulp it all down at once. I know that we have to take it one day at a time...but like I keep telling myself...It's so worth all of this if I'm healthier and get to live one day longer.:nervous

Hi Guys,

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.

So I am totally PMSing! It sucks without a fill! I felt like I had pretty good restriction until this started. I can't believe the amount of food I consumed this weekend! I gained 4 lbs :omg:

I am due for my first fill on June 16th and I really can't wait! Oh well, back to exercise and counting weight watchers points for me today!

Hey everybody I just wanted to drop a line. Went for my first post op appointment today. It has been 2 1/2 weeks. I have lost a total of 15 pounds according to the surgeon's office scales. I started on the mushy phase last week. Since I am diabetic and my BS were doing a roller coaster I needed to get a more regulated meal plan. No problems what so ever. No gas pains after surgery. Bloating went away in a couple of days. Been doing yard work. I don't think I could have asked for an easier time.

Well it's late and I am going to hit the hay. TTYL.

Myra

Linda ~ Sorry to hear about PMS. Yucko. :tired I'll be joining you next week. Don't worry about the weight gain. Concentrate on following the rules. Now, you remind me of this next week, O.K.? I've heard some say they feel more restriction when it's that time. Let me know if you experience any tightness or such.

Hi Myra ~ Well, your just the little lap band trooper!!! Good for you my friend. Yipee.....15 lbs....WTG!!! :D I don't have much to complain about either. I keep looking at the weeds that need pulled, but I've been a chicken to get out there b/c of DeAnn pulling her port muscle. Maybe I'll stick gloves on my boys and direct them on which ones to pull. ;)

Kim2b~"Does this sound like too much? Too little? " It sounds like the right amount...IF you are not feeling deprived between meals. Rulke of thumb, plan to eat for 20 s-l-o-w chewing minutes, and you should feel full after you've eaten that. If you don't get hungry for 4-5 hours after that, you've done well...take the pearl from my hand... ;)

LindaV~My PMS week, I thought I was going to lose my mind!! I worked twice as hard exercising and so forth, and still didn't lose the weight. The payoff was when all the Water retention left and I lost 6 pounds in one week! WooHoo...what a ride! It will come off afterward. Don't stress too much for now.

Well, all, the bath is calling, and my Secret has worn off...so Tubby time here I come!

Thanks Trip2bme and 3Loves. This is no different than any normal pms for me. I actually can't eat as much. I felt like I had some restriction again yesterday.

Myra - glad to hear you are doing so well.

Hello Everyone! It's good to see that everyone is doing well. I have my first fill on Thursday and I'm ready for it. There are very few foods that I can't eat.....unfortunately, one seems to be chicken. Even small little bites make me feel like something is stuck. And scraping all the way down my esophogus. Red meat? No problem. Fish. Wonderful! Pork.....ok, but not great. So it seems like fish is going to be my main protien as I don't want to push it with the red meat.< /p>

Also, even after almost 5 weeks, coming off nightshifts are a bear and I just have no energy to exercise. I do great on my days off -- I only work 14 days a month because of a 12 hour, rotating shift schedule even though my days are more like 14 hours with an hour commute each way. I'm hoping it's just because I'm still "recovering" or maybe it's the reduced calorie intake.....I don't know, but I'm sure tired after work.

Also, does any one else get cramps? I woke up there other night with the most painful leg cramps. I don't ever remember having leg cramps that bad. Maybe I need to add potasium to my Vitamins.

Everyone, keep up the good work!

hi folks!

wow- It's been a few days since I've been here, it is soooo wonderful to know everyone is in the same boat with me, that I am perfectly normal!(physically that is) :biggrin1:

I was banded May 31 in Mexico, came home the 2nd. the flight was a bear, trying to get through the airport and an hour delay on the runway (sigh), my mom (who had open heart last year)and I were a pretty good pair of wimps!:P but we made it through!

weighed in today- 7 pounds in 7 days!!! yipppeeeee! my sites are healing pretty well, port site is of course sore, and bigger than the others- I can feel my port, but it's under a pretty good layer, so it will be a while before it's actually visible. And another blessing of this site, I know this is all normal.

I'm eating (or drinking rather) every 3-4 hours, get STARVING and have 1/2 cup of Jello or coup o soup/bullion and I'm good. It's great! going back to work tomorrow, we'll see how a 12 hr shift goes.:notagree thanks so much for all your support, information, and inspiration!!

have a great day!

someday, when I get a little more technically literate, I'll add a ticker tape and pictures and whatnot- till then it's just little ol' me!:scared:

kato

banded May 31, Dr. Arturo Rodriguez

Also, does any one else get cramps? I woke up there other night with the most painful leg cramps. I don't ever remember having leg cramps that bad. Maybe I need to add potasium to my Vitamins.< /div>

Me too. :omg: Does anyone know if we need to supplement something? It's not every day, but I've never had them this frequently.

:bump: Bumping for me so this is a subscribed thread. I have been away for awhile and just discovered the new thread. Today, I can start solids - but gently. I brought home Mexican seafood enchilada. Going to last me for 3 wonerful tasty meals. This is so much better than chowing down the whole thing at once.

It's nice to hear from everyone again. Since going on soft foods I haven't been losing much. I've been plateaued at 210 for well over a week. I only record my weight on Mondays. This Monday was 208 :clap2: . The next day, back to 210. I may have to change my ticker. :angry

Hey everyone!

I went to my surgeon for my firts pre-op appointment yesterday.. he says everything looks great and keep doing what I'm doing! He even said I can swim now! Woo hoo!! I figured I'd have to wait a while longer! Just gotta survive til June 26 on the mushies and then on to a larger variety of foods!

Just duckie and 3loves - are you taking a multiple Vitamin? I know low potassium levels cause cramps.. maybe eat some bananas (I bought some baby food bananas for my mushy stage, haven't tasted them yet). I'm drinking Carnation Instant Breakfasts and they have Potassium too.

Good luck everyone!