Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, my name is possumtrot

Sandyb, I don't know the answer to your question, and it's a good one to ask.

I suggest that you start a new thread so that your question will get noticed.

Go to this page: QandA

and click on the orange "New Thread" button.

Just realized today that I have only 3 more days (36 hrs) at work before the surgery...of course I have about 100 hrs of things to do to be ready to be gone. sigh I guess tomorrow I'll see exactly how much I need to do at home before leaving for surgery. Time is really flying!

Of course by now I'm doing the Protein drink twice/day to replace meals then one meal of lean meat and veggies. The Protein drinks are NOT being good to me. Had to eat pepto at least every hour yesterday and today just to be able to stay at work. Anyone else have a problem with the Protein Drinks?

How are you doing? This is the BIG week!!! We will be thinking of you.

Just one more 6am meeting tomorrow then I'm off work for a bit. The smoking cessation is working and I haven't killed anyone yet (yay). Fact is, I'm not even grumpy like when I usually quit but my brain would like me to fall back into old habits. It's a taste (so to speak) of what learning to eat after surgery.

Am very excited.

O.M.Goodness, having the sleeve is one of the best decisions I have made, ever!

I lost 10 lbs in the first 3 days post-op. I'm not going to weigh more than weekly, but a certain pair of pre-op tight jeans are loose enough to pull down without unbuttoning them now. JOY!

O.M.Goodness, having the sleeve is one of the best decisions I have made, ever!

I lost 10 lbs in the first 3 days post-op. I'm not going to weigh more than weekly, but a certain pair of pre-op tight jeans are loose enough to pull down without unbuttoning them now. JOY!

That is awesome. So glad to hear from you. :cursing:

Thanks Mini. Still feeling great but the burpiing is a little annoying. Feel just like a baby, lol with my baby stomach and burping. Going to try GasX strips to see if that will stop that and the throat gurgling. Other than that, I have had NO pain since the day of surgery.

Still trying to figure out when I'm full, and I am concerned that I can drink a lot more than the 2oz others here talk about, especially since I'm only a week out from surgery. On the other hand I am getting in my Protein and Water allotments with no problems. Right now just doing walking for exercise but I'm really considering getting a personal trainer and do this thing right.

And this country mouse is glad to be back out of the big city...loved the Mohave though! Took around 1500 pictures. Can you tell I don't get out much? lol :laugh0:

Don't worry about feeling full when you are on liquids and most mushies - it's hard to tell. I didn't have a lot of trouble getting liquids in either. Sounds like you are ok with the Protein shakes. That is good. I hated mine & really stressed over it.

The GasX strips should help A LOT! Each day is going to get easier and easier.

Your weightloss looks great so far. Keep working it & keep in touch!

Definitley have things to work out. Just had 3 12 hr shifts at work. First day got in my Protein and Water, exercise no problem since I walk almost all of my shift. Day 2 and 3 didn't get in enough Protein or Water, so I'm looking for creative solutions now since I am dedicated to doing this thing whole hog and not getting enough of the good stuff while at work is most likely a contributor to how I got this fat to begin with! If I can find a big mug not made in China I'll get it, otherwise I guess I'll stick with the liter bottles of water. I'm going to try pre-mixing my shakes and taking them for better protein control...surely I can sip on them during break if nothing else!

Today is my 2 week dr. appt. I'm confident it will all go well and am so looking forward to being able to eat real foods!

Definitley have things to work out. Just had 3 12 hr shifts at work. First day got in my Protein and Water, exercise no problem since I walk almost all of my shift. Day 2 and 3 didn't get in enough Protein or Water, so I'm looking for creative solutions now since I am dedicated to doing this thing whole hog and not getting enough of the good stuff while at work is most likely a contributor to how I got this fat to begin with! If I can find a big mug not made in China I'll get it, otherwise I guess I'll stick with the liter bottles of water. I'm going to try pre-mixing my shakes and taking them for better protein control...surely I can sip on them during break if nothing else!

Today is my 2 week dr. appt. I'm confident it will all go well and am so looking forward to being able to eat real foods!

About the big mug thing not made in china, try looking only line for a nalgene, they are made in usa and you can get BPA free. A good place to look for them cheap is ebay, you can get them in many sizes but I find that the 32oz wide mouthis the best, so that if you drink 2 a day you will get you 64 oz in a day, plus the wide mouth makes it easer to clean so you can even out your protien shakes in them. Also I would recoment getting a splash guard for it they really are awsome. oh and nalgenes are actually made for rock climbing or hicking so thay are virtually indistructable and come in alot of different colors. and as far as I know you can put hot or cold in them I usually keep one half full in the freezer so i can pull it out fill it up and go and i will have cold water for all my running around for the day. I do not really drink hot liquids but like I said you should be able to put them in there allthough it is not insulated so it may not stay hot for long. well any way good luck getting in all your water and protien. and great job so far! keep us posted :)