Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks to you all for the messages - Its finally starting to sink in I think!!

The op went well.... despite the fact they expected hubby to stay with me for 24/7 for the first day or so - over here the care is a bit different, and while the hopsital is fully equipped in case of emergency, they don't check on you so often, apart from when they want to stick you with something or give you more drugs!!

For me the worst part was my reaction to the antibiotics - I have always thought I was only allergic to penicillin, but it seems I have an intolerance to strong antibiotics, as I threw up as soon as they hooked me up to one post op... not a pleasant experience! The day of the op I threw up 4 times in fact, which I hate doing at the best of times, but I suppose in the scheme of things it was a small price to pay.

Day one (the actual day of the op) passed fairly slowly and I didn't feel like doing anything, reading, tv, books, nothing could hold my interest - even day 2, I was preferring the peace and quiet to anything else.

Today, Day 3, I have come home. Yesterday I did a leak test in the morning - my first liquid which wasn't in an IV.....woopee!! And boy it tasted disgusting! I don't know if maybe others are lucky and get a flavoured version, but mine was rank! But I passed, and was put on Clear liquids all day with a Protein drink in the evening. There was only one choice - pineapple with grape juice - which I soon tired of!

This morning I had another leak test, passed again, and had the drain removed. That is SUCH a weird sensation, and not pleasant, but I was glad to be rid of it. Now the only discomfort I have is from that drain wound, and the gas inside.

I don't have the luxury of a pain pump, but do have a stack of drugs, pills and potions to take at various times of the day, and heparin injections as well.... so I feel a chart coming on, as I bet I will forget something.

One good tip I read somewhere is to take a soft unwired bra with you for post op - normally I only wear wired bras, but this has helped protect the top wound a little from being rubbed.

Today I can shower and remove all dressings barr the drain one, which can come off tomorrow.

I have weighed, but weigh the same now as i did before my pre op...which I expected but not sure why I bothered getting on the scales, but i know they will fall sooner of later.

So - Here I am, at home, fending off the dog from my lap and just glad to be back here, even if I am bored here, I hate being in hospital.

Bring it on!!! LOL

Kathy

im impressed that you can fly someplace. I don't think I would be up to that right now.

Feeling sore and full. I can't wait until I can get feeling better

im impressed that you can fly someplace. I don't think I would be up to that right now.

Feeling sore and full. I can't wait until I can get feeling better

Sorry if I misled, but I didn't fly anywhere, we live here in Spain, about an hour and a bit from Valencia, so we drove up. I take my hat off to all that do a long journey as I was worried about throwing up on the journey home in the car today as it was! :D

Luckily I was ok.....I also can't wait until I feel more normal.... take each day as it come eh?!

Good luck with your recovery - we were on the same day weren't we?

Kathy

Thanks - I'm doing much better.... although still incredibly swollen - almost an extra 2 inches around my waist!!

Managing to get the fluids in, and walking but also taking it carefully.... so bring it on!!

Kathy

Glad to hear that you are coming along in your recovery...i did not have to have a drain put in and recovery for me was really good, i was not in much pain and if i was they were right there to give me something for it!! I stayed a couple of extra days expecting that i would need the extra time, but i could have flown a couple of days after, i was feeling that good, but it took us 3 days to get home, because of delayed and missed flights, having to overnite it, that part was so not fun, and now i am tired and jet legged still...but i will get back on my feet pretty soon! Congrats once again and so now let the weight fall off!!!!!

Glad to hear that you are coming along in your recovery...i did not have to have a drain put in and recovery for me was really good, i was not in much pain and if i was they were right there to give me something for it!! I stayed a couple of extra days expecting that i would need the extra time, but i could have flown a couple of days after, i was feeling that good, but it took us 3 days to get home, because of delayed and missed flights, having to overnite it, that part was so not fun, and now i am tired and jet legged still...but i will get back on my feet pretty soon! Congrats once again and so now let the weight fall off!!!!!

Good to hear you're doing well.... but 3 days to get home????!!!! OMG!! Don't envy you that one... you must be so relieved to be there now.

Take it easy

Kathy