Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey guys,

Mary, I too hope this is the one. So far it sure is. I mean after just a few bites I'll start that crazy hiccuping or something, so then I just lay my fork down. Yes, I did need time away. I don't like to talk about it on here but I did it to give me and hubby time apart. I think it might have helped a little, not much but I'll take all I can get. Thanks for thinking about me.

Mary,

I sure hope your feeling better soon. Isn't it crazy how much good 1cc's out can do. I've never, knock on wood, had an unfill but I've read about them a bunch. I'm like Beth, when you do start eating chew chew chew and then chew some more.

:update: :update:

Okay guys.. I have had a rocky road the last 2 weeks. I have the larger VG band and it is taking ALOT of adjusting to get to where I need to be. Last time I went to the Doc, I hit a plateau but actually gained!!!! :omg:

I think it was a combo of the Doc not filling me up the time before, me not making the right choices (of course), and starting on birth control again. I always gain like 5 lbs on that crap. The Doc seemed to agree and filled me up 2cc on 10/16.. well today I went back and lost what I gained and then a lb.. so I am still at a total of 41 lost. Just a little hiccup in the road.

Today's appointment was a nightmare. The Doc said my port was a "wiggler" cuz I had lost belly fat and he was having a hard time getting it. He stuck me 5 times!! well, during this process, he had me raising my legs to do a bit of a crunch and stuff. Only problem was, I kept holding my breath waiting for the pinch and I nearly passed out!! LMAO.. I got all sweaty and clammy and he had to stop and the nurse put cold washclothes on my neck and forehead.. I was sooooo embarrassed.. I have NEVER done that before. lol Well, long story short, another Doc came in and stabilized the port and my Doc nailed it and put in 2 more ccs. I am a bit sore and what not but ok.. but that really sucked!!

I saw my Diabetes Doc today as well and he said that I have reached "remission".. my sugars are well below diabetic level!!! So now it is maintenance.. YAY YAY YAY.. this means the world to me cuz I lost my Dad to diabetes like 3 years ago and I am gonna beat mine!

Sorry for the long post but wanted to catch up..

Hugz,

DonnaMarie :P

:clap2: Donna Marie! I love your post! You have a great upbeat attitude. Its so inspiring to hear it!! Thank you :P!!! Congrats on the diabetes, sometimes we get so stuck on the vanity of losing weight we forget how much more important our physical health is in the grand scheme of things. Although the vanity is good for the mental/social health!! LOL I don't know what Im trying to say here but your post just has me all hepped up and happy lol. Yayyyy Donna Marie!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hey everyone,

After being on liquids since Thursday, today I am finally feeling normal again!!! Yay!! So glad I didn't need to go back for another unfill!! Thanks for thoughts and prayers!! They worked. Guess I learned a lesson about once irritation starts...HANDLE IT...Go on liquids for a few days and take it easy.

Wewww! Thank goodness Mary, I was so worried about you. Look at your ticker! Woman you are disappearing. Congrats.

Hi everyone, glad to see everyone doing well. I haven't posted in awhile, so I was wondering what happened to the before and after pics? Are they no longer on the site?

Hi Everyone,

Ready to be thin, I'll be praying with you.

Just wanted to let you all know I finally have restriction!!! I had surgery 7/17/06 and 5 fills later(last one under fluoro), I finally have restriction and I think I've lost a couple pounds. I"m not sure If i'm too tight but I'm able to eat and drink so I guess I"m ok. No pbing but it's a bit uncomfortable when I eat sometimes.

Finally, I'm starting to feel excited about this. I was so discouraged as I hadn't lost anything since just after surgery. Keep me in your prayers that it works.

Thanks.

hi guys! it's been a while since i've posted, school started and my schedule is insane. i am lookiing for advice, i got my fill 9/27 and over the last 3 weeks have really struggled with lunch. i usu have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, i'm not a big breakfast person so it's the best i can do, i try to have 1 bottle of Water btwn breakfast and my lunch time. after about 4 bites i have that heartburn feeling and have had sliming 2x;s at work a couple of pb's (3) other places. then at night i am eating fine but prob too much cuz i haven't eaten all day and i can't seem to feel full/satisfied. any ideas? thanks for letting me vent!

p.s. has anyone joined wt watchers yet? i am thinking it may jump start me again. if not i may go back on liquids cuz i'm goin nuts here at 250!!!!! i just want to see 235 by christmas! which is only 54 days away! :)

Dez I have that problem too. I get that burning pain in my chest but mostly at nightime. I have lost it several times too. I think it is just a good tightness and should get better soon, I hope.

Glad to see some of you posting again!! Keep in touch!!

Dezadoo: You didn't say what you were eating at lunch, but by lunch it doesn't seem like you would be too tight to eat. I have heard that many (incl. myself) have a Protein Shake for breakfast due to restriction being greater in the am. I'm wondering if you are trying to eat bread at lunch or taking too big of bites and eating too fast. This will all cause you to get stuck, pb, slime, etc. If you are eating bread, you may need to cut that out entirely. Many cannot tolerate bread. You may try eating tuna salad, chicken salad, shrimp salad, egg salad and maybe eat that on some type of cracker or just as is. This should go down fine. If you try this, be sure and report back. Remember...eat slow, and chew, chew, chew. Take your time...about 20 minutes to eat a meal.

Hey everyone! Just posting so no one forgets about me.

I haven't been on the computer in a long while. Alot of family stuff.

You know how it goes, halloween, birthdays, volunteering. Just busy

busy busy.

I'll try to catch up on the posts tomorrow and catch up.

Talk to yall soon!!

Hey everyone,

I'm heading up to Michigan tomorrow to see my dad (he has cancer) and mom. I'll be up there until Tuesday night, But I'll try to check in with ya'll at least once. I'm still doing better, but I do need to SLOW down on my eating. This affects me negatively with more burping, etc. Guess we are just learning how to live with the band and what changes we need to make. Everyone, keep evaluating the changes that you need to make for yourself. I know that right now, I have really realized how much I depended on food during stressful times. This is an area I need to work on...dealing with my stress in a healthy way. Cuz we all know...the band ain't gonna let us stuff ourselves without repercussions....and none of us who've experience the sliming, pb, etc. enjoy those!!

Time to pack!!

Hey guys. Well I threw up again tonight. I cancelled my appointment with my doctor today because I didn't want to get an unfill. I am just going to wait another week before I talk to him. I went to my PCP yesterday and had some blood work done so maybe I will know why I don't have any energy and have the leg aches. I do have a sore throat now and it is hard to eat anything so maybe I won't throw up again. Well anyway I just wanted to let ya'll know what is going on with me. I am going to bed early as I don't feel very good. See ya!!