Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I had quite the experience on Friday -

As many of you know, I am a secretary in a middle school. I went to work on Friday and got a phone call from one of our art teachers alerting me to the fact that on his way home after shool THE DAY BEFORE, he witnessed one of our students remove a gun from his right pocket about 1.5 blocks from the school. This teacher was going out of town and thought the principal should know before he left. H-E-L-L-O!! He should have called someone the night before!

So I grabbed my walkie talkie and walked to the other end of the school to find my principal. I told him exactly what I had been told and then whispered the name of the student in his ear. I then walked back to the main office. The head secretary said to come in her office and close the door. She proceeded to tell me that the high school that is about 1/2 mile from the middle school was evacuating because there was a bomb threat. Someone spray-painted on the side of the building "There is a bomb in the school 9/29/06". It was Homecoming day. My son is at the high school. So they cancelled school so they could check the entire building. Nothing was found, but all Homecoming festivities (pep assembly, parade, and dance) were cancelled, except for the football game. I later found out that my son wasn't even evacuated as when his ride dropped him off they found out there was no school so he stayed with his ride.

Meanwhile, I'm telling the secretary what I just told my principal. She radioed him to say that the campus officer wasn't on site this morning, but available and did he want her to get him. He said that would be a good idea. So this was about 8:00. At 8:15 everyone is in homeroom and about 5 minutes later the head principal comes over the loudspeaker and calls for a lockdown. We're assuming it's precaution because of what happened at the high school. Then the head principal comes into my office and asks for the student's locker number - the student I told them about. Long story short... he had an air gun (or as they referred to it - a toy pistol). The news said there were two kids with the guns, but I only know of one. I'll find out tomorrow if there is any truth to that. I fielded phone calls from parents constantly for almost 3 hours. About 15-20 kids went home because of the incident. Parents insisted on taking them home and I couldn't tell them they couldn't do that. I just did the best I could to ease the parents down from panic to understanding.

Needless to say, it was a crazy day. I can't believe I'm the one who started the whole ball rolling with the student and the "gun". The teacher who called it in could have prevented the entire lockdown episode by calling someone, anyone the night before.

Well, my eyes are starting to cross, so I'm off to bed.

OH my gosh Steph, it is just so scary these days. Thank goodness nothing happened. What did they do with the boy who had the air-gun? Is it zero tolerance? I hope so.

OMG Step,

You be careful. Thank God your son was okay. This stuff is getting scary. You just never know when you turn your tv on. I'm am so proud your okay. How have you been doing other than that? Good I hope.

You know how my weight loss has been fairly good and I mean I really do watch what I eat and eat very little. Well, my daughter , soninlaw and precious grandbaby stayed for 8 hours today and after several more of those Mom, you can really think what your doing is fair, your just lucky you and Dad had our inheritance you could blow on this. She really is a sweet child just mouthly some times. Well, for the first time since surgery I haven't eat well at all. Am going back to the pissed off at the world so I'll eat. I made some of that puppy chow and am eating it now. I am going to get up from this laptop and throw it in the trash. This kind of stuff got me fat, and mostly from feelings, and I'll be damn, excuse my language if I'm going to let it do it to me again.

You guys all take care and have a wonderful week. Remember, us July'ers Rock.

Love ya,

I saw my cousin yesterday, who I hadn't seen in over a month.

He was shocked at how different I looked, and kept talking about it all night. According to him, I'm a completely different person.

OMG Step,

You be careful. Thank God your son was okay. This stuff is getting scary. You just never know when you turn your tv on. I'm am so proud your okay. How have you been doing other than that? Good I hope.

You know how my weight loss has been fairly good and I mean I really do watch what I eat and eat very little. Well, my daughter , soninlaw and precious grandbaby stayed for 8 hours today and after several more of those Mom, you can really think what your doing is fair, your just lucky you and Dad had our inheritance you could blow on this. She really is a sweet child just mouthly some times. Well, for the first time since surgery I haven't eat well at all. Am going back to the pissed off at the world so I'll eat. I made some of that puppy chow and am eating it now. I am going to get up from this laptop and throw it in the trash. This kind of stuff got me fat, and mostly from feelings, and I'll be damn, excuse my language if I'm going to let it do it to me again.

You guys all take care and have a wonderful week. Remember, us July'ers Rock.

Love ya,

PLEASE don't let them do this to you, Hon! We're all here for you...you can PM me, too. I can't imagine what it would be like to have people sabotaging what I'm trying to do! I have a friend who is very self-absorbed and hasn't once said even a "look at you!" to me. It's always all about her and what's ailing her. I have talked to close friends about this and told myself to let it go...my sister is the same way - I had surgery July 5th and I saw her for the first time on Sept. 3rd and she didn't make any comments whatsoever and I don't look anything like I did, so I talked to my mom about it and moved on. Talk to friends you trust, talk to us, and let them help you through this. :)

I saw my cousin yesterday, who I hadn't seen in over a month.

He was shocked at how different I looked, and kept talking about it all night. According to him, I'm a completely different person.

Congrats on the NSV's! Doesn't it feel good when people notice! We haven't seen an updated picture of you lately...

Sherri, ya know I've found that ppl who like to use put downs and slam ya, they only do it for as long as you let it get to you. Ya know what drives ppl nuts??? Just act like you could care less about what they have to say whenever its soemthing negetive. And then work on how you feel on the inside. You are going to be fabulous. Who cares how you get to being fabulous. Your band is your tool and it was YOUR money you bought it with. Will it feel any less great to wear a size 16, 12, 10, 8 or 6??? YOu gotta remember you did this for you, and the heck with anyone who has a problem with it. Your husband is probably just scared right now that you're going to get sexier than him, and not want him anymore. But he'll come around when he sees that you still love him even when you are sexy as hell lol. For now just keep plugging away and look towards the goal. Take no prisoners and don't look back. When someone says something unsupportive of you, try really really hard to not let it hurt you, feel sorry for them that they are the ones with the problem.

Way to go Chris!! Ya post some new pics soon. The change must reallly be remarkable. Im so glad that you continue to post on this Julyster thread inspite of being outnumbered by us ladies. You just seem like such a nice young man and you always are so positive and doing so well. Good job!! Thanks for the inspiration.

How do you guys do it. How are you always there for support when you have got such a busy life. I do appreciate it. Sometimes I feel like if I let them they would try me crazy. I'd bo on entertainment tonight in a padded cell or something. lol

I do feel better today, I just went on to be last night I didn't want to deal with it and I do feel a little better today. My feelings are still really hurt but I'll get over it.

Isn't it pretty outside today. It is absolutely goregeous here so I'm getting ready to take off walking and walk off my problems as I walk off those calories. Hope you all have a wonderful week, you all deserve it.

If you guys ever need anything please let me know. I still have that one extra teal Bracelet. They sent me two by mistake if someone is having trouble getting thery'res just let me know.

Hey Chris, you keep going buddy and it will be like that commercial, blink, I'm gone. I want an undated picture, you little hotty.

Love you all,

Sherri

since you guys requested it, here is a picture taken yesterday while I was watching TV.

tv.jpg

my long-sleeved shirt is too big :) I need to get some new clothes.

even bigger WOW!!!!!

How have you done it??? my weight stuck until I got my fill on thursday now its moving again, you must have put a lot of hard work into it!! well done..

I avoid carbs at all costs, now that I don't crave them I don't really have an appetite. I'll plateau for a week then instantly lose 5+ pounds then go back to plateau for another week, and so on and so on. It's not bad at all.

Chris, I thought I was the only one on here that hadn't been filled!! You've done fantastic!! I can't remember, are you working out daily or what? I'm about to start that Tai Chi class tonight and talk with Derrick (the trainer) about getting started on a daily routine or at least 3x a week routine. I'm getting inspired looking at you and everyone else. I also will be going on a cruise at the end of November with 15 other ladies....YAHOO!!! So, I need to start toning. I want to minimize the extra skin syndrome as much as possible. Do you have a lot of extra skin? You are young so it may be elastic enough to just go down on it's own.

How's everyone else today? I had a lazy day as Saturday night I went out dancing with some young chicks. My hubby was all for it as he's not a dancer. Well, I danced off some weight, but on Sunday I didn't get my afternoon nap and boy I was tired today. Oh, by the way, they took me to a place that is "big girl friendly". I wasn't interested in anyone cuz I love my hubby, but it was nice to know that I was not being judged harshly for being plus size. I was thinking that soon, I wouldn't be plus size...YEAH!!! As a matter-of-fact, I ordered a swimsuit online for the cruise and ordered an 18 and it fit...a bit tight but will be perfect at the end of November. It was on clearance for 17.99!! That's my NSV for the week!!