Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Sleeve (Gastric Plication)

I am going to have surgey with Dr. Rodiriguez. Can you tell me about how you felt after surgey and how long did it take to recover? Any pointers!

Jean

I am going to have surgey with Dr. Rodiriguez. Can you tell me about how you felt after surgey and how long did it take to recover? Any pointers!

Jean

Hi there,I havent went yet still saving my money I am half way there,

are you getting the plication surgery?

You can email me at sisterlisa@live.com

I am so excited for you!

Please let me know how everything went, just as soon as you can!

Have a great flight!

Lisa~:confused1:

When are you going to get surgery?

Lisa~

I am wondering is there any one hear that has had the Plication Surgery when it first came out around may? If so how much weight have you lost?

Could you give us a update?

Lisa~

4MYGIRLS

So ou are having your surgery Aug. 30? How long are you staying in TJ? I fly in Wednesday AM and have my plication that day with Dr. Corvala. Perhaps we will run into one another. Best of luck with your surgery!:lol0:

OK, so I'm reading all the super stories here and I'm 80% sold on a procedure that six months ago I would have told you "no way!" and while doing my research, as so many of you say to do, I ran across this LINK: ProMedica Bariatric surgery consulting - Bariatric research

What is super sleeve?

_supersleeve.jpgLaparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy is not so simple as any other gastrectomy. There are some important technical details, unknown to inexperienced surgeons. Gastric tube size influences both the degree of weight loss and weight stability. A large sleeve predisposes to gastric dilatation and weight regain. Inexperienced surgeons tend to create large tubes (:lol0: or to leave back large remnants of the gastric fundus. A standardised technique with a gastric capacity less than 100 mL (A) is mandatory in order to get the patient achieve a durable weight loss. The sleeve should be "super" which means a small gastric sleeve diameter and a higher degree of restriction. In our hands, with the gastric capacity been restricted to 60-80 gr and Ghrelin (the appetite hormone) totally suppressed, the resultant weight loss is predictable and comparable to this achieved with gastric by-pass (60-70% EWL), without any serious complication or side effects (e.g. Vitamin malabsorption). We introduced super sleeve in our bariatric program, as the most effective and safe bariatric solution even for the super-obese patients.

============================

Before you tell me I'm losing it, I would like to ask, are there any Super Sleevers on board here? Might there be? Thank you.:thumbup:

I'm very new and trying to make the right decision. The trouble I'm having is the different names for the procedures:confused1: So the Super Sleeve (LSG) is the same as the plication procedure??

I actually had the super sleeve in Tuijana Mexico, by Dr Jose Rodriguez..I orginally was looking into getting the Lap Band and did my research for that and actually went to get the lap band, but it was changed at the last minute to the "Super Sleeve" I have had no complications. The Super Sleeve sounds alot scarier than it actually is. With the lap band I had to worry about slippage and what I ate. This super sleeve that I got, I can basically eat what ever I want. I just get full really fast I can't even eat a whole kids meal form Mcdonalds. (I eat like 2 chicken tenders and feel like I ate a thanksgiving dinner)The super sleeve from what I understand they did is, Fold my stomach inside of itself and Basically double stitch it. So they did'nt cut my stomach or anything like they do in a gastric bypass. I have 4 tiny incisions on my stomach that are fading. If you want to see the incisions I'd be willing to take a picture and forward it to you. If you have any questions let me know..

Hi Mari, I was wondering if you can give me a update on your weight loss and how much can you eat at a time now??

Thanks Lisa

Thanks for the post:) Yes, please give update, how are you doing? How much have you lost to date? How long did it take?

I 100% I got the super sleeve done 7-12-10 and I love it. My sister has a lot of issues with her lap band that I do not with my super sleeve. What sold me was the fact that they do not cut my stomach. The whole idea of WLS is scary and that just helped with my fears. And if you are worried you won?t lose as much weight think again! Check out my tracker and pictures.. They speak for them selves!

Hi there,

I was wondering how you are doing and how your weight loss is going?

I know its almost been 3 months since your surgery and was curious if you have the same restriction on how much food you can eat and if you have lost any more weight.

I finally have my surgery date for nov 23rd and I had to pick a surgery so I picked VSG but in reality I have not really decided if I am going to get it or the plication surgery, still up in the air they said that I can change surgery if I want to.

I originally wanted to get the plication, but I do have 100 lbs to loose and so Im not sure if the plication would be the best for me or not.

I'm still undesided darn it uhhh!!!

Ms Lisa~

I am very happy with my choice to have the super sleeve but from what I understand if you have around 100 or more lbs to lose you should go with the vsg. I'm no dr so i would just talk to your dr about the pros and cons. My largest size is 20, my pro-op size was 14-16, and as of today I'm 8-10. I haven't lost much weight this month but I lost a few inches so that is good.

I AM GETTING THE SLEEVE PLICATION WITH DR Corvala IN TJ. HAD THERE SURGERY WITH HIM? I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD THAT SURGERY DONE, YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT
Hey lady, how did it go, I'm getting ready to go in 2 weeksw, let me know how you are doing.

Hi Jean,

I am leaving this weekend to get my GPS with Dr. Corvala in Tijuana on August 30th. I'll let you know how it went when i come back. Cheers.

So how was it? How are you doing now? And how much weight have you lost to date?

I'm scheduled for VSP 10/4/10 in TJ. Looking forward to your posts.

I am very happy with my choice to have the super sleeve but from what I understand if you have around 100 or more lbs to lose you should go with the vsg. I'm no dr so i would just talk to your dr about the pros and cons. My largest size is 20, my pro-op size was 14-16, and as of today I'm 8-10. I haven't lost much weight this month but I lost a few inches so that is good.

Hi there! What surgery did you have prior to your VSP (plication)? Should I plan on multiple surgeries?