Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi Everyone! It Has Been Quite Awhile Since I Was On These Boards. I Do Miss Coming Here And Will Make Every Effort To Get Here More Often. Some Of You May Know Me As Jan0421 But Now I Am Jerseyjan! Lol...since I Had My Surgery On Dec. 21, 2005 I Have Lost 50lbs. It Hasn't Been All Smooth Sailing But For The Most Part It Has Been A Hell Of Alot Better Than If I Never Did The Surgery! I Needed To Do More Exercise And Recently I Just Joined A Gym And Now Exercising About 3 To 4 Times A Week Instead Of Just 2 To 3 Times Per Week. I Can See That It Is Starting To Make A Big Difference Because The Dial On That scale Is Now Going Down Again! I Was Wondering If Anyone Knows Of A Support Group That Meets Either Once A Week Or Twice A Week In The Bergen County Area? Hackensack Hospital Only Does Their Support Group Once A Month. I Feel I Could Use More. Any Tips On That ?? Hope Someone Can Help Me With That Information.:) Wishing You All A Very Good Rest Of Your Weekend!

Good Morning,

I woke up with a full blasted cold... cough cough WTF. The pain on my left side is gone, boy did that hurt and got me scared yesterday. I think it was gas because last night as the gas was making a mass exit I was feeling better... but all day I suffered not knowing thats what it was. Geeesh.

JAN !! welcome back. 50 big fat pounds WHOOOT!!!!!! thats awesome, congratulations. As far as support groups most hospitals have them once a month but I'm sure you could go to different ones. One week go to Hackensack, next week, Ridgewood, then maybe Englewood or Westwood... you'll have to check them out and see the dates. That would be one idea. Sorry I don't know of any weekly meetings.

Sherry, how's the chili *burp* *hickup* LOL, sounds great. I like harbor mist peach wine mmmmmmmm ! The cheaper and sweeter the wine, I likey !!

Anne wholey crap girlie.... 42 pokes??????? I would have stopped them after the 3rd one.. thats my limit. No wonder you were a wreck and bruised. :) how are you today?

Cindy thats cool your bible school is at night... I like that idea. Most are during the day in the summer here and I can't take DD b/c I work. Have fun with what ever they float you to :)

Betty, how did your party go, I mean evening of watching tv LOL... bet after a few drinks, no one cares who wins huh LOL.

Donna ya recooping from the kiddies? your DS is right, its cold up here. In the 50's last night...great sleeping but now b/c if the weather change I have a nasty cold... uuuh!!!! its windy as poop too.

Well kiddies.... DD wants to play on the PC, so I guess I better let her.

TTYL and have a great Sunday :)

Hello Y'all!

I can't seem to get caught up with the board! Yikes, I can't remember it all!

LIke Darcy, I think I will start fresh again!:):D :D

Eileen - Glad to hear your side is much better, I get like that sometimes and it does scare me. The party is tonight, so I'll find out then. lol We always have a lot of fun, even when there isn't a game, heck if we start too early we won't see the game! I think everyone is coming over at 6, the game is at 8 and we are doing a pot luck thing. I made up a big pot of ham and Beans, some crawfish fondue, some casio dip, and some stuffed jalapeno peppers wrapped in bacon. I have the Beans done, the peppers are ready to put in the oven to bake, and my crawfish is all cleaned and ready to go. I still have to make some garlic bread and I will be done.

Anne - 42 pokes, hey girl don't let him do that to you again, with all those pokes he is putting your band in jeopardy of a leak! I bet you do have a brused up belly! Hugs girl! Stop him next time!

Patty - still keeping my fingers crossed for you! Keep after them girl!

Cindy - How neat that bible school is in the evening!

Doanna - Are you ready for the game? We have a big "God MAV's sign in our front yard!:D :D :D I have my shirt ready too!

Sherry - Now that chili sounds pretty good!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Did you get the new bike yet? I'm behind!

Jan - Welcome! Great job on the w/l!

Dianne - Have fun shopping, and I hope you find your cute skirt!

Kat - Good news and bad news, good luck my heart goes out to you!

Mary - How you doing girl? I am anxious to see you in that dress.

Beanie - How is the vacation going?

Pat - Come out and play, we miss you!

Darcy - Just do everything like you normally would so they see the real results. We need to get you fixed up!

Becky - Hey girl, how is the fitday going?

Well, going to get done so I can prop my foot up, I can't hardly stand to be on it, it hurts so bad. I am almost done so that is good! Then I am going to relax on my raft in the pool before everyone comes so I will be a little rested and cool!

Later!

Just checking in!

Anne: Whats up with your port? Sweetie, I thought you were all done with surgeries? I really want all the ucky to stop for you, thats my wish. Hey did you know that July 17th is Disneylands birthday?

Yeah, me & Disney. :kiss2:

Sooooo, by Friday afternoon, when I hadn't heard any approval news I packed up the kids and ran for the Magic Kingdom. By 4:15 we were on Main Street USA and heading toward my all time favorite thing and thats the stage show "Snow White". The show was on hiatus since last September and I needed to be there for it's re-opening. We caught the final performance and spotted some old cast regulars. I got tearful during the show..... not from anything in particular, just relief to be somewhere pleasant and my weeklong phone drama ie: stress. I was just SO glad to be with my boys who all were having a GREAT time and contentment that our lives are truly in a good place. My lapband struggles don't hold a candle to inner peace. After the show ended I walked the boys to an inter-active computer playhouse and on our walk we found an abandoned popcorn bucket! What Joy! Let me explain: The fact that we have annual passes to the park will never allow my children treats to popcorn, churros or park sueveniors(sp). I simply can not afford it(bottled Water is 2.75)But since we visit the park so often we find cast off buckets, sipper bottles, and trading pins. Anything of real value go's to lost & found. Once home we wash & sanitize and fill with our own treats. At Christmas I was thinking of making up batches of frozen cookie dough and putting it these colorful buckets for teacher gifts. Hows that for reuse and recycle. Well, thats me the Southern Cali tightwad! I wear my badge proudly.

Today I have loads of laundry and I want to make a great dinner for the boys when they return to me today. They eat only boxed food when they go to their dads house:eek: , so I'm roasting a chicken and making bacon wrapped asparagus on the grill. Everybody's fave. :clap2: :hungry:

Hey, lets hope next week is a better week. Bye.

PS

My little friend Robbie finally asked to eat something. 3 bites of a hamburger and a couple of fries! Keep praying.

Cindy-Your not nuts I used to love all that kiddies stuff. I thought I liked it and continued to help with the youth group at church after my kids started college. They would call me once in a while and say can you drive. The last item we drove was 2 yrs ago on our anniversary. There were screaming 6,7 & 8th graders. We haven't volunteered since, except to go on mission trips.

Sherry Do you have the hick ups?

JerseyJan-Hi, wow your doing great! I know what you mean about support groups! Ours only meets 1 time a month also. FYI Summerset Hospital used to hold a eating disorder support group I don't know if they still do and that's quite a ride for you, but it was good we discussed our food issues. GL

Betty-It sure sounds like you made a fuss!! I'm sure everyone will have a great time tonight. Take care of that footzy!

Patty-How pleased you are to have that family time with the boys at such a special place. I sure hope this will be your week!!! Glad Robbie is starting to eat.

Well I found 2 skirts!! after trying on several dozen! I even went into this plus store, I don't remember the name but it is truly for teens, there hanging on the wall was the exact skirt I've been looking for. Oh I was so excited. I got the 14 and the 16 to try on. HOLY COW THIS WAS A PLUS STORE! I NOW FIT INTO REGULAR SIZE STORE,RIGHT...WELLLLL...This skirt was so snug I kept telling my self I'm not gonna let the size bother me. A 22 was the only one that looked ok and that was still snug around the waste! Well needless to say I didn't buy it cause it looked like crap! So then she measures me for a bra. WTF she tells me I'm a 44DDD the other day I was a 36DDD (the girl said maybe 38 if the cup was to small) I ran out of that demented store as fast as I could. Landed up buying at Hecht's/Macy's a Ralph Lauren size 16 jean skirt and a size 14 pretty black skirt! I am so happy I found them! Now I won't be bottomless when I go to NJ!

The day has been good. The monster dog hasn't bit anyone today, she is actually being a bit friendlier, not much though..41 1/2 more hours till she goes home, but who's counting...

Hope you all sleep tight..love ya..di

Hi all.....

Got up and went to a body works and ab class at the gym this morning. This is the second time I have taken it and it kicked my a**. Came home and ending up cleaning and doing laundry all day. It is acutally raining here in Florida ... It hasn 't rained in months so we really needed it.

Hope y'all have a good week......

kisses,

Eillen, sorry you have a cold. I sure hope you feel better fast!

Betty, what's wrong with your ankle/foot? Did I miss that part somewhere? Like you said, it's hard to keep up on here, especially when I'm watching the MAVS take it to the HEAT! ARe they ON or what!?

Sorry Donna. Don't mean to boast. They'll be in Miami Tues and Thurs, so things may change for your team!

Patty, I love your Disneyland stories!

Sherry, hope your chili wasn't too intoxicating!

Diane, I can see how that last trip would do you in!

VBS was fun tonight...I was a helper in the music room, so I sang and danced for a couple of hours! It was fun, and the best part is that last year, there's no way I could have done it, so I guess that's a NSV!

I won't be around a computer until Tuesday afternoon...after swimming lessons tomorrow we are going to my dad's. We are going to clean out some more of my mom's stuff and spend the night over there. Then on Tuesday, I have to go to school; it's an inservice day...I have one on Thursday, too. My sister's staying over at dad's too, and taking my DD to swimming. I'll check in when I can, though...I'll just never catch up with ya'll!

Hugs, Cindy

HI EVERYONE! THANKS FOR THE VERY NICE WELCOME.

EILEEN... I HOPE YOUR COLD IS GETTING BETTER. IT WAS GOOD HEARING FROM YOU.

TODAY WAS A VERY CHALLENGING DAY SINCE I HAD MY COUSIN'S WEDDING TO GO TO. THERE WAS SO MUCH food ALL OVER THE PLACE. THE SMORGASBOARD WAS TOTALLY AWESOME. THERE WAS ALOT OF food BUT I FELT I HAD TOTAL CONTROL OVER IT THERE. I HAD A FEW LITTLE PIECES OF cheese AND SOME fruit AND 1 BABY LAMBCHOP THAT I ATE VERY SLOWLY. I DIDN'T WANT TO GET ANY PROBLEMS WITH HAVING MY FOOD GO DOWN. THAT ONLY HAPPENS TO ME WHEN I AM RUSHING. IT'S REALLY ONLY HAPPENED 2 TIMES SINCE I HAD SURGERY IN DECEMBER WHICH I AM THANKFUL FOR. I HAVE ONLY HAD ONE FILL SINCE MY SURGERY. I AM HAVING ANOTHER ONE IN JULY. GETTING BACK TO THE WEDDING ...LOL.. THEY HAD 3 CHOICES WHICH WAS EITHER BEEF, SALMON OR HERBED chicken. I PICKED THE chicken BUT COULDN'T EAT THAT MUCH OF IT SINCE IT WAS A LITTLE DRY FOR ME. IT TASTED GOOD BUT I DIDN'T WANT ANYTHING TO GET STUCK. I PROBABLY ONLY HAD ABOUT 2 OUNCES OF IT. I HAD MY HUBBYS MASHED POTATOES IN- STEAD OF THE RICE THEY GAVE ME AND SOME ASPARAGUS. THE Desserts WERE CONTROLLED TOO SINCE THEY GAVE EVERYONE 3 LITTLE PASTRIES...ONE I TASTED AND DIDN'T LIKE SO THAT WAS GOOD LOL....THE OTHER ONE I ATE THE CREAM FILLING AND MY FAVORITE THING WAS THE chocolate DIPPED strawberry. THE WEDDING CAKE WAS ALSO GIVEN OUT. I JUST HAD ONE TASTE OF IT. IT FELT GOOD I DIDN'T FEEL I HAD TO SIT THERE AND FEEL I HAD TO EAT IT ALL. I USE TO BE LIKE THAT BEFORE I HAD SURGERY. I WOULD EAT EVEN IF I WASN'T HUNGRY. BUT FOR THE MOST PART I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE. FOR ME THAT IS A VERY BIG BREAKTHROUGH. I WAS ALSO A VERY BIG FOOD PICKER. I'D MAKE SOMETHING AND TASTE IT. BY THE TIME IT WAS TIME TO EAT I WOULD REALLY NOT BE HUNGRY BUT I WOULD EAT ANYWAY. IT'S HARD TO BREAK A HABIT THAT WAS LIFELONG BUT I DO FEEL IF YOU KEEP PRACTICING IT THEN YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GET TO THAT GOAL. I THINK I READ SOMEWHERE THAT IT TAKES 30 TO 45 DAYS TO GET INTO A NEW HABIT. FOR ME IT WAS BEING ABLE TO RESIST TO PICK AT FOOD. ALSO, EVEN EXERCISING MORE OFTEN IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON NOW TOO. SO FAR I FEEL LIKE IT IS WORKING. I ACTUALLY FEEL GUILTY IF I DON'T GO FOR MY HALF HOUR TO 45 MINUTE CARDIO WORKOUT AT THE GYM. EVERYDAY I SAY TO MYSELF I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS SECOND CHANCE TO MAKE MYSELF GET HEALTHIER. I NOT ONLY LOOK SO MUCH BETTER WHERE I DON'T CRINGE WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR BUT THE BEST THING OF ALL IS THAT I AM SO MUCH HEALTHIER. SO I WOULD SAY I HAVE A HEALTHY GLOW ABOUT ME NOW. :) I TELL PEOPLE THAT YOU DON'T REALIZE HOW BAD YOU FELT UNTIL YOU START FEELING GREAT!! DOES ANYONE FEEL LIKE THAT AS WELL?? ALL IN ALL I WOULD SAY IT WAS A REALLY GOOD DAY!! THIS WEEK I HAVE ALOT OF CHALLENGES COMING UP SINCE IT IS THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL. A PICNIC ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY, GRADUATION FOR MY SON WHO IS MOVING UP FROM 8TH GRADE ON WEDNESDAY. I ALSO HAVE TO GO MY COUSIN'S ON TUESDAY NIGHT FOR A CONDOLENCE CALL. MY COUSIN'S HUBBY PASSED ON THIS WEEK FROM PANCREATIC CANCER. HE WAS 80 YRS YOUNG AND WAS ALWAYS A VIBRANT PERSON AND ON THE GO! ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON....THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL IS THURSDAY AND THERE WILL BE LOTS OF PARTIES. FOR ME IT WILL BE A LITTLE SAD SINCE I PROBABLY WILL BE MOVING ON THE MIDDLE SCHOOL WITH THE CHILD I HAVE BEEN SHADOWING THE LAST 3 YRS. I WANT TO MAKE HIS TRANSITION A GOOD ONE AND AT THE SAME TIME I HAVE MET ALOT OF PEOPLE AT THIS SCHOOL THAT I LOVE WORKING WITH. NOT SURE HOW IT WILL BE AND I AM NOT BIG ON CHANGES. IT'S STRESSFUL FOR ME BUT I HAVE TO LOOK AT IT AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE. OK, IT'S LATE NOW AND I HAVE WORK IN THE MORNING BUT IT WILL BE A RELAXING DAY WITH MOVING UP REHEARSAL IN THE AM. THE PICNIC IN THE PM. THE TEACHERS ARE PLAYING AGAINST THE STUDENTS BASEBALL. IT SHOULD BE A FUN DAY ALL IN ALL. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!! WHAT DOES EVERYONE DO WHEN THEY ARE SURROUNDED BY ALOT OF FOOD AT A PARTY?

TALK TO YOU ALL LATERRRRRRRRR!!

HERE'S A LITTLE SAYING I ONCE READ ON A HALLMARK CARD...I REALLY LOVE IT!! IT REALLY IS A VERY INSPIRING PHRASE.

I AM NOT AFRAID OF TOMORROW FOR I HAVE SEEN YESTERDAY

AND I LOVE TODAY!! MAY ALL YOUR TOMORROWS BE BEAUTIFUL!!

TAKE CARE!!

Jan:)

Morning Y'all!

Well, the party was a blast! We ended up with tons of food as usual! And.......................

THE MAV'S WON!

It was fun with everyone here cheering them on!

Of course, I wish I didn't have to go to work today, but I do!

Jan - I usually try to just take a small portion of everything I want and that way I don't feel left out. Have fun at your party today!

Cindy - I know this will be a hard time for you cleaning your Mom's things, but it will also bring back a lot of good memories, just keep thinking about the good ones! Hugs!

Dianne - Don't you just hate it how every stores sizes are different? Glad you found an outfit you like in the right size!

Eileen - Hope you are feeling better today.

Darcy - How are you feeling? When do you get the results?

Becky - Hope you have some time to stop in! Miss you girl!

Beanie - Is it back to work for you today?

Sherry - Did that chili knock you out? Where are you pretty girl?

Pat - OK, enough time on the lake, come and visit with us!

Mary - How are you girl? Hope things are improving for you.

Donna - We'll see you in FL. tomorrow! Gosh you are getting good with all that exercise!

Patty - Keep that phone hot! Just keep calling!

Anne - Hope your belly is healing up!

Kat - Keeping you in my thoughts!

Well, I know this is short and sweet, but got to pack my lunch and get dressed so I best get my Buns moving.

Later!

Happy Monday.... At least it isn't sun day. It wasn't and isn't very sunny here in the Sunshine State! We really need the rain....

Betty & Cindy... I am glad the Mav's won:clap2: They deserved the win... unlike the Heat who didn't show up for the game. I went to bed ...

Question. I had my second fill. I feel like I have less restriction then I had before the fill. Any comments? It is strange.

I am going to get my nails done because I broke two cleaning the house yesterday. That's what I get for cleaning!!!! LOL The door people are coming to fix our new slider that we had put in for this years hurricane season. The blasted thing cost us $6,000 and it is suppose to withstand 150 mile an hour winds.... It wouldn't hold up under a breeze right now.... it won't even close!!! LOL

Have a great day... I plan on it!

Kisses,

Good Morning Kids,

Sorry I can't stay and chat... work don'tcha know *yawn*

Patty, thats cool that you recycle those popcorn tubs.. really cool !! your an awesome person. BTW, Snow White was my favorite character when I was little... she's still my favorite princess.

Donna, hope that storm thats coming to FL is gentle.. are you near where its going to hit?

Hugs everyone...sorry gotta run.... dang gum it!

I haven't paid any attention to it really..... It is just a "tropical depression". No worse then you guys have had up there recently.. some rain.. some wind. Talk to me when they use the word "hurricane".... LOL

Jan-Those old habit are tough to break. GL Enjoy your last week of school sounds like a lot of fun stuff happening.

Betty- I bet everyone had fun. Hope you have a good day at work. Do you have a voice?

LOL Someone left the cake out in the he rain was just on the radio..lol...don't we all know that feeling..It took so long to bake it, I'll never have that recipe again...OH NOOOOO..lol..The panic in the singers voice about the cake is just cracking me up. I know that panic over food..lol..now I would say oh well that's a shame, I didn't need it anyway, I'll live..and the truth is that no one really does care!

I'll check in more later. Have a good day,

Dr at 3:15 I'm starting to eat different today. I'm going to try smaller meals throughout the day and see how that goes. I may even try to eat one in the rain..lol...Oh I'm sick today!

I am still here..

Just dropping in ~ been real busy ~ At home and here at work..

Had a good weekend, took the kids to the drive in and we all fell asleep on the first feature.. How bad is that?

Other than that not much in my neck of the woods. I went and bought tickets at lunch to see Gretchen Wilson & Blake Shelton..

And to the kids Rodeo on the 23rd. I had never done this before but there is always a first.. gotta go

Hello my friends....I'm here...been here....kinda pop in, read, pop out. In a funk this Monday for sure. I was debating whether or not to go to work but, being the good doobie I went. Had a nice (sarcasticly said) hour long meeting today and announced after it to my boss I needed a mental health day lol. Well I'm taking that tomorrow. DH will be a work, DS will be in school and I'm taking it off. I think I've figured out....I need to get rid of alot of this clutter in my life. Work is nuts..and it's not going to get better for quite sometime, it's actually going to get worse with new docs coming aboard in July and I heard today even more in September. My lapband friend that goes to the same doc asked me today if I had my bloodwork done. What bloodwork? Grrrr they never gave me the order for it when I was there last because they were running late and my nutrionist visit was combined with someone elses who was newer to banding. So I never got my paperwork hence never had it done. (not a good day today) I also was told of a BIG error today that we're probably going to have to spend the rest of the week fixing....see where I'm feeling da funk? So I talked to my boss and I'm taking tomorrow off and my plan is to declutter my home...at least my bedroom and office if I can. I can't turn on the TV at all because I'll get lost in it. I'll put on some nice CDs and rock around picking stuff up and trashing other stuff. So much that I just don't need. I've felt out of control with this stuff since I moved here a year ago. Heck, I still have boxes I haven't unpacked.:faint: Soooo in order to clear my chakras so I can have that inner peace...I need to clear my world. I highly doubt I'll accomplish this in a day but, I'm going to try to hit at least the two rooms. Of course none of this can happen until I go to the lab to have this bloodwork done and I dont' even know if they'll accept this faxed order copy. UGH. oh well....I have to try.

Sorry didn't mean to be a bummer....just didn't want you to think I was ignoring the group. I love you folks and don't know what I'd do without ya.

Soooo it's a beautiful sunny day here for a change in Mass. Man we had rain almost everyday for a month now. One or two sunny peaks in there but, this is the first FULL day of nice weather in so long I can't even remember lol.

I hope all is going well for you folks and I'll try to do personals later on tonight. Hugs to you!