Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soda's ???????????????!!!!!!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"><TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

:);):) :) :confused:

:help: :help: :help:

Ok I want to know why I am being told I can't have caffine or anything that is carbonated , but i'm reading the different threads and people are still drinking them. So why is my nutritionist telling me I can't have one

? I mean once every 2-3 weeks shouldn't hurt to bad, I mean I know it has sugar and carbs but once every two or three weeks shouldn't change anything . Somebody tell me something please because I would love to just taste a soda or a sweet tea right now !

----------------------------------------------------------------------

One other thing GOOOOOOO....... PISTON'S !!!!!!!!!!!! Goodluck on Tonight's Game !!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

I think that generally it's because the carbonation can get stuck in your pouch and you won't like it.:faint:

And caffeine. I know that I know this but can't remember at the moment. I'll edit this when I remember. That said, I still have one cuppa' Jo every morning.

I think it's because soda is just not a good thing to drink. Yeah you said it. The carbs, sugar, all that crap. Nutritionists would of course always...ethically...deter anyone from having this, especially if you are on a weight loss regimine.

Also, would you take some spaces out of your post? It's long as heck. There must be a way you can tighten it up some. :) Oh and by the way you are gorgeous. The pics you posted in Before's and After's are soo nice. You should update your avatar. That doesn't even look like you anymore.

The nutritionist told me absolutely no soda pop. She said if I let it get flat (yuck) I could have a couple sips. You also have to give up ibuprofen which will be extremely difficult for me, but I want the band bad enough to give up both of these things. I don't know of anyone on here still drinking soda pop...I think everyone knows they are empty calories and carbonation is very bad for you.

If you truly want the band there are just some things you have to give up. You can have tea, Decaf coffee, milk etc. I love Dr. Pepper diet cherry vanilla pop, but I have to give it up, or I'm defeating the purpose of getting the band.

Good Luck,

Dody

My surgeon recommended against caffeine for the first 8 weeks but said I could have it after that. I always use Splenda though.

As far as soda is concerned, my surgeon advises against it due to all of the carbonation in it. Pre-banding, I drank diet soda. Since being banded, I've had a few sips, nothing more. I'm all about the flavored Water now.

I was told that soda, or anything with carbonation will expand the stomach and can cause the pouch to dialate. I was always told that it is definately off limits permanently.

I am allowed caffine, per my nutritionist.

It's about the carbonation. It puts pressure on the pouch while its above your band, and puts pressure on your band when it gets down into your lower stomach. Both of those things are bad news. Time to toughen up and move away from the soda. Sorry. Honestly, though, you have to ask yourself, do you like the soda well enough to put your band in jeopardy for it? Uh uh.

As to the caffeine . . . my doctor wants me to limit caffeine but he's fine with my having some if I want it. I drink four cups of coffee about twice a week. Fortunately, that's about the frequency I've always enjoyed coffee.

Good luck.

I was told by the surgeon and nurse that carbonation will cause painful gas as it expands in the "pouch." I never drank soda, so this was not a problem for me.

As for caffeine, the nutritionist said it was ok and so did the doctor. Just remember that it can stimulate the appetite.

On the bright side, once you have restriction you won't want it so much anymore.

I got a fill yesterday and it may just be me adjusting to it, don't hold your breath... I may have restriction!!!

I have been sipping diet soda on and off post-banding, I just gave it a long pour over ice and the carbonation was nearly gone. Yesterday, I had a little sip with my Soup and meal over. There was a carbonation induced golf ball that took about ten minutes for me to burp my way through.

You all can have my diet sodas still in the fridge. I quit yesterday!

My doctor didn't take me off caffine and he said I could have diet soda as tolerated but if it bothered me to drink them flat. I don't like them flat and I'm not tolerating them so well so I just gave them up.

It wasn't that hard.... in fact giving up a lot of things hasn't bothered me. It's like I'm just not that interested in junk.... and I love that side effect.

I love Coke Zero, but unless it's almost flat, it feels like a fizzy little bomb going off in my pouch. Instead, I discovered Wal Mart's store brand of peach flavored tea mix. It comes in little tubes and you just add one to a bottle of cold Water. YUM!

OK - I'm going to learn how to make this pretty and get a ticker. Now caffeine increases metabolism thereby increasing the rate food will process thru the GI system. Not a good thing for obtaining optimal nutrition. Not a clue about carbonation. Katt

I have found that Minute Maid diet lemonade and Crystal Light peach tea are great subs for sodas. My doc allows caffiene, just not carbonated sodas b/c they cause distension. I'm glad not to have them anymore. It makes weight loss that much easier.

I have found that Minute Maid diet lemonade and Crystal Light peach tea are great subs for sodas. My doc allows caffiene, just not carbonated sodas b/c they cause distension. I'm glad not to have them anymore. It makes weight loss that much easier.

I agree... Minute Maid diet lemonade is good... and they serve it at a lot of resturants.