Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nature's Best Isopure Protein Drinks

Well I'm glad that some people like Isopure. I personally couldn't handle even one sip- I returned about 4 bottles plus the one I opened. I'll be curious to know if they work for you.

Yes, those globs will stir out, and they are the whey Protein isolate. You will hear people who like them like me. They are like a tart starburst Kool Aid. Not too bad, better than the shakes. But others can't stomach them. I hope you do well with them, since they pack 40 G protein a bottle and zero carbs. I drink a half a bottle every day, to add to my protein sources. Good luck.

Those are affectionately called IsopuKe in our house. Even my husband thought the devil invented them, and he likes just about anything.

I definitely could not drink them post-op. But, some people like making mini popsicles with it in ice trays, or those plastic freezer pop things you can buy at Wal-Mart.

I couldn't do them either. If you like them though they are really a good Protein source and its nice to have something premade. I stupidly ordered 24 bottles online preop and did okay with the taste, figured I could choke it down, but post op I drank about 3 sips of one and gave the rest to a friend. I just couldn't do it.

Does it help to dilute them some so they're not so tart?

I've got a bottle sitting in my fridge that I've been too scared to try yet! lol

Thanks everyone. Well, I am not going to worry about trying them until I get home after surgery, figure I have no idea what my tastes will be after the sleeve. I also bought dutch chocolate EAS RTD Protein Shakes and will try those after my clear liquid phase. I also have the Cookies and cream powder from GNC, still not as educated on what all of this Protein lingo is but I trust that this fastly approaching start to my new life will be an education unlike any other!

Does it help to dilute them some so they're not so tart?

I've got a bottle sitting in my fridge that I've been too scared to try yet! lol

Oh don't be scared take a swig! Then let us know what you think! Some people actually do okay drinking Isopure. For me it wasn't the tartness it was some other weird unnatural bitter taste that I didn't like.

Pre-op I was not a milk drinker, so the thick Protein Shakes were not my cup of tea. I was served Isopure ready-made at the hospital after surgery and liked them best over the others I had tried. Not to say I liked ALL the flavors, but I found a couple I preferred. The Grape Frost is one of them. It tastes like watered-down grape kool-aid. But what I did was buy some kool-aid to mix with it to give it more flavor. That really seemed to help.

Now you guys are getting to me! lol I simply CANNOT get any of the Protein Shakes down (lactose intolerant) without becoming very nauseated. So I went and bought one of the Isopure today (alpine punch) and have been "sipping" it all day! ha! Haven't gotten the whole glass (bottle) drinken yet. I have just been trying to get yogurt down which I can manage and going to get greek yogurt (when I can find it) and try that as well. Still not getting 60gr Protein in.

is it a norm to have 60 grams of Protein or did your doc/surgeon recommend this?

60 grams is the minimum recommended daily intake of Protein. If you are newly sleeved, you will not get this much in but this is something to work towards. I am 5 weeks post op and have no problem getting in 60 grams and most days I exceed that. It is about managing your meals daily and eating your protein first at every meal and then if you have room, you can eat other things. You can get at least half of the 60 grams in one Protein Drink and then choose your Proteins wisely to get the most protein in the least amount of food (ie tuna, talipia, turkey, some cheeses, etc...).

It has been 4 days post op and I have yet to hit my 60 grams of Protein. I have been sipping on Isopure every chance I get. I can't say I love the stuff but it's okay, and it is what my doctor recommends.

It has been 4 days post op and I have yet to hit my 60 grams of Protein. I have been sipping on Isopure every chance I get. I can't say I love the stuff but it's okay, and it is what my doctor recommends.

It's very tart, like unsweetened lemonade but it is my first choice for getting extra Protein. I drink one glass everyday, and then I don't have to worry about my protein intake so much. I know I will get enough. Some flavors are too tart, so I sip with a Water chaser :))