Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No appetite at all.....

I'm 13 weeks out today. I feel great. I've lost 46 lbs, but I'm beginning to worry as I have absolutely no appetite at all. I know it's a blessing in disquise, but I find lately that I have to force myself to eat. Nothing taste good at all. I don't know if this is a phase that will pass, but I am a bit worried.

Anyone else have this problem? Should it be something I worry about or not?

Appreciate any imput. :blink:

I went through the same thing around 2.5 to 3 months out. Literally, everything tasted horrible, and I was force feeding myself as well. It does pass.

The one remedy I found was trying to overseason food, and new recipes. It's what spurred my obsession with cooking new stuff. It is very frustrating, and I know it's difficult. I wish I could give you some better advice, but it just took time for me.

Hang in there.

I wanted to let you know that you are not alone, I just posted a similar concern and I am out from initial surgery about the same as you.

I have zero appetite and no desire to eat, ever. I am unable to force myself with Protein Shakes. Today I ate a babybel cheese and that is it. And it is 3:40 pm. It is awful. I have no energy and really would like to work out...but it is just not happening. I am hoping it gets better soon!!!

I went through the same thing around 2.5 to 3 months out. Literally, everything tasted horrible, and I was force feeding myself as well. It does pass.

The one remedy I found was trying to overseason food, and new recipes. It's what spurred my obsession with cooking new stuff. It is very frustrating, and I know it's difficult. I wish I could give you some better advice, but it just took time for me.

Hang in there.

Tiff, thanks for the response. That's exactly how I feel, like I'm force feeding myself and it almost makes me want to gag. I do make myself eat though because I don't want to get sick or not have the proper nutrients that my body needs. I'm already starting to lose hair. I'll try your suggestion and spice my food up and maybe try some new things. Hopefully mine will pass as yours did.

I wanted to let you know that you are not alone, I just posted a similar concern and I am out from initial surgery about the same as you.

I have zero appetite and no desire to eat, ever. I am unable to force myself with Protein shakes. Today I ate a babybel cheese and that is it. And it is 3:40 pm. It is awful. I have no energy and really would like to work out...but it is just not happening. I am hoping it gets better soon!!!

Stacie, I sure hope things improve for you also. I am forcing myself to get in the Protein and nutrients I need but it's so hard. It's like a chore. I almost hate eating but know that I have to. Wow, what a change from 6 months ago when I could eat non stop and never seemed to get enough. lol Hopefully it will pass as Tiffs did. Best of luck to you.

I get hungry...or maybe I just want to eat still. I do know that nothing tastes the same anymore. I can think I want something but when I fix it....it just does not taste as good.

I get hungry...or maybe I just want to eat still. I do know that nothing tastes the same anymore. I can think I want something but when I fix it....it just does not taste as good.

Deb, same thing for me. Nothing taste good at all. I eat because I know I have to eat. I'm glad in a sense, but sure would be nice to eat something (anything) that tasted good.

I'm not having that experience. I eat and then I'm hungry within 2 hours and have to tough it through. Worst part is that it takes me over a week to lose a pound. I thought that 600 calories a day combined with an hour of exercise would help me lose, or at least not be hungry. From my seat, I'm sorry that you feel yuck about food but I'm thinking that not being hungry doesn't sound so bad to me. We're all so different. I hope you feel better.

I'm not having that experience. I eat and then I'm hungry within 2 hours and have to tough it through. Worst part is that it takes me over a week to lose a pound. I thought that 600 calories a day combined with an hour of exercise would help me lose, or at least not be hungry. From my seat, I'm sorry that you feel yuck about food but I'm thinking that not being hungry doesn't sound so bad to me. We're all so different. I hope you feel better.

Lee, I know, you are right. It's just so different from what I've experienced all my life. I shouldn't complain. It just feels like such a chore to eat now. I really really have to force myself to eat, but on the positive side, that's better than eating everything in site.

Hope you get to a point where you are not hungry between your meals. I know that must be difficult.

Good Luck!:thumbup1:

Thanks Barb!

I dunno if you are ladies that went through morning sickness or not, but at that point even when food is awful you power through because you want your bambino to be healthy, do your best to power through with this too. Give yourself a plan and times you'll eat and even if it isn't the bliss it once was fuel that body of yours up and keep getting healthy!

I am with you Barbara, no appetite at all, and what I do shove in tastes horrible!! I guess we should be happy, but it is so hard to force yourself to eat when everything tastes so blah. I am glad that I am not as hungry as I used to be, but it also worries me because it seems like I have less energy and am stalling more!! Quite a rollercoaster ride, didn't expect ALL my love for food to disappear! I can get used to it, if I would just start losing again. Let me know if anything changes with you guys, Tiff said it happened to her and it should go away in time...

i think mines is mental because im eight months and i'm stll force feeding mysel i really just dont enjoy food at all in any form or matter but i'm a major tea drinker now so.....

Barbara you are just a couple of weeks ahead of me. I'm in the same boat. I don't care if I ever eat again. I am mostly living on Protein Drinks and a little food. When I think about it I find it wonderful but baffling. Weight is coming off and I don't feel like I am dieting. What more can I ask for?

I dunno if you are ladies that went through morning sickness or not, but at that point even when food is awful you power through because you want your bambino to be healthy, do your best to power through with this too. Give yourself a plan and times you'll eat and even if it isn't the bliss it once was fuel that body of yours up and keep getting healthy!

Great advice wanna! I have been forcing myself to eat regardless if I am hungry or not. I look at it as fuel, and my body needs it to function.