Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So....I am just adding in real foods (two days early, very naughty!) The guidelines I am trying to follow are these:

600-800- calories daily

70+g- Protein daily

less than 30g- carbs daily

I am having this weird difficulty, to get to my calorie goal I end up eating too much fat and not enough protein, to get my protein in I only end up eating about 350 calories daily. I never thought I'd be complaining about this, but I think I need some tips on Proteins that have worked well for you!

Also...both my surgeon and my post op care doctor are both ADAMANT that I not eat more than 3 meals daily. Okay with all this criteria help????

I didn't have a guideline for fat grams so I can't help you there. I hated the fat free stuff because I found it had more carbs and sugars to make it taste good.

I had to eat 4 meals a days consisting of 15grams of Protein. I know I could not have gotten all my protein in with just 3 meals. I struggled with 4 meals a day.

I wish I better advice, but I'm stumped. It's tough to hit the calorie goal with 3 meals a day. It's especially tough when you have to get in protein. Can you tolerate any of the protein supplements?

Yeah,

I am doing a Protein Shake for Breakfast and I am putting a double dose of Protein in it. So that puts me at about 45g for that meal, but as I plan out my day I will hit protein goals, and be totally satisfied food wise but will max out at about 300 calories.

I was encouraged to always supplement my Protein until about 6 months out, when I can eat dense meats, etc. I am 3 wks out, and I drink a Pure Protein Frosty chocolate shake warmed like cocoa (35g protein) and then sometime during the day i will drink a half a bottle of flavored Isopure Water (20g protein......i know tiffy, you hate isopure). That leaves me needing only 20 to 30g of protein in my meals, which is easy to do. like today i had a scrambled egg from breakfast and 5 small slices of bananna. 9 grams of protein from the egg and good potassium from bannana. lunch i had a smal piece of meatloaf and a few mandarin orange pieces. about 15 g of protein and i haven't had dinner yet. the protein drinkds have a lot of calories. 160 for the shake and 80 for a half bottle of isopure. that's 240 calories before eating the eggs and meatloaf. it can add up quickly. Good luck.

I think you either love it or call it Isopuke! :blink:

I just read Aceve's post-op diet, and it didn't seem to me that once you were on real food he counted Protein Drinks as a "meal". I thought we could have those in between to help get our Protein in. Am I wrong?

You've probably read this in other posts from me but I still swear by uncle bens whole or multi grain cream of wheat (i packet is 7 gms protein) add to it a scoop of your favorite whey Protein powder-I like Solgar vanilla bean (16gm protein) I mix in a little soy, almond or hazelnut milk and sweeten it a bit with raw agave or an agave/pure maple Syrup blend, just a swirl around the bowl. I also use a packet of "Stevia in the Raw" or "Sun Crystals" ...later on for lunch or sometimes dinner I mix in a scoop of the same whey Protein Powder into my favorite greek yogurt...so between the 2 I've got nearly 50 grams protein...the rest is not too difficult because I can easily eat a piece of fish, or shrimp or filet mignon, tuna (not so easy), chicken (not so easy)...

I just read Aceve's post-op diet, and it didn't seem to me that once you were on real food he counted Protein Drinks as a "meal". I thought we could have those in between to help get our Protein in. Am I wrong?

I think you are right and I think you just made his guidelines finally make sense to me!!!! Thank you, I was getting annoyed that there was no way I could in only 6 oz a day meet ALL those guideline!

Thank you!!!!!:thumbup1: