Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves 14 days ago. Can someone who was sleeved about 2 weeks ago tell me approximately what they are eating on a daily basis? I feel like I'm almost "grazing" throughout the day (of course with only allowable things), but I don't feel like I've lost much (10 pounds in the 2 weeks)- one of my friends on this board suggested weighing only once a week - which I'm going to start doing. Sometimes I feel like I sip/drink my puddings, Water, Soups too fast - but I'm HUNGRY! Anyway - can someone who is about 14 days out from surgery give me an idea of what and when they eat during a routine day. THANKS.

I am two weeks out today. My day usually consists of a protien shake (yuck) in the morning, two thin slices of turkey and 1 slice of lf cheese at lunch and for dinner tonite I had 1/2 pc crisp toast and 1/2 of a scrambled egg. I like malt o meal, grits,

, black bean Soup, Low fat refried Beans. Tomorrow I might try some chicken salad!

I had my surgery on 3/22 so we are about the same length out from surgery. I have a Protein Shake in the morning. Then for lunch usually some pudding with a little bit of Protein Powder added. I try to get another shake in the afternoon. In the evening I will have some more pudding with Protein. I am now starting on mushies (can't stand the thought of blended foods though). I have had some rice crispie Cereal in milk after it has gotten soggy and some saltine crackers with Peanut Butter and really chewed them to liquid. I know that the cereal and crackers have lots of carbs but I figure this is just to get me through the mushie stage and I don't have much of it.

My surgery was 3/25 and I misread the post op diet and advanced too quickly and made myself a little sick. I still have those moments of hunger, but it is hard to differentiate between thirst, hunger, and acid reflux. So...make sure you are working hard to get fluids and your mupps in first. (Easier said than done I know!) Lots of people talk about how the hunger sensation stays with them for a few weeks and there are some people who always maintain some hunger. I got thrown back on full liquids and I have a very difficult time feeling satisfied in this phase. One thing that helped though was tracking things on either obesity help, fitday.com, or the daily plate. When I can actually see that I have taken in all the things I need to in a day I can disregard some of those hungry feelings. Good luck! Oh and I think your weight loss is stellar!!!!

I'm at 12 days out. The first 3 or 4 days I had some hunger. It wasn't as bad as pre-op by any means, but there was hunger. The hunger is basically gone now, and my desire to eat real food is just for the taste and chewing sensation.

I understand what you mean about the "grazing" because I feel like that's what I'm doing too. Pre-op I planned on making an eating and drinking schedule, but I never did that. My plan calls for 3 weeks of liquid, so I still have another week and 2 days of this phase. I'm going to make an eating time chart so I feel like I have more control over what I'm eating right now.

My estimation is that I'm currently drinking about 24 to 36 ounces of Water a day, and getting in 2 to 3 8oz Protein shakes a day. I know this is not enough, so I feel a schedule would help me get everything in.

The last time I weighed myself was on day 6, and at that point I'd lost 10 pounds since surgery, 25 total with pre-op. That was totally exciting, but I'm also really fat and have a lot to lose. Since then, I have put my scales out of reach. The next time I weigh myself might be in a month or so. I figure there is no point in weighing right now because I know the weight is going to come off (it has to, I'm eating hardly anything) and I can't do anything more than I'm doing to speed it up.

Hi Ladies - thanks for the replies. I asked my husband to hide the scale - rather than jumping on each morning I'm going to do it once a week. I did also order a book from Amazon site written by someone who has gone through what we all have and how she dealt with it I know this site (Vertical Sleeve) has EXCELLENT; encouraging; educational and helpful suggestions, - probably more so than a book - and I print a lot of things out - and wanted also a book as a back-up to keep reminding myself that this is a life issue. I think I'm dealing more with the "head hunger" than anything. PRetty strange to me that I can't go to my friend/drug "food" when I'm happy, sad, etc. etc. It's just such a foreign thing to me that I need to deal with and get used to. Thanks again everyone - so nice to know other people are having some struggles too.