Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Speak up those with leaks & infections!

Wouldn't this concern you if you heading there. Is the lowest price the most important factor?

Re: Dr. Mario Alberto Almanza Reyes

i've been keeping this in since i have had my surgery. And i really didn't wanna say anything cause i'm glad that they did a pretty good job with my surgery and i'm loseing weight, and i'm still alive and the people at emanuel medical have been so nice to me i really didn't wanna say too much but...

It's not fair to keep certain things a secret. Because i would have wanted to know all these things before i went. I got there on 10/27 and had my surgery 10/29. from all the people that's had surgery those two dates i know of about 4 or 5 infections (some very serious some not so serious)and a LEAK!

Now that's all the people that i know of. Their are still some people no one has been able to talk to them since. But 5 people is over half of the people that was in my group.

And the lady with the leak it seems like no one in my group really knew what was going on with her and later on in the week i thought she went home. I ended up seeing her in the airport and she told me she was in the hospital the whole time with a leak and she had to do a second surgery. Me and two other patients drove to the airport in the same truck, but they drove her alone ( i think so the other patients wouldn't find out what happened).

And i understand infections are apart of the risks of surgeries and it happens, but i think it happens waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much at emanuel medical.

they're nice friendly people but i would be scared to go back knowing so many people have so many infections and complication and sometimes leaks cause of emanuel medical.

surgery date: October 29, 2009

Dr. almanaza reyes

Wouldn't this concern you if you heading there. Is the lowest price the most important factor?

Are you ever going to man up and answer my questions? Or do you indeed have things to hide??

Well, I think this should do it. People have been able to state both sides. I know what MY decision would be, but this is the beautiful part, we all get to make our own. I am grateful that this forum hasn't been deleted and that people are able to sift through all of this information and make what is the best decision for them. Isn't this the point now where we step back and realize that this board is a SUPPORT group. A place designed to give people information and then offer them support in their decisions?

Canseeved,

I am assuming this is directed at me, however if it is not then I am still going to reply. First of all I have read that message and have pmed that individual that wrote that and have yet to get a reply from her. I have read every post that was out there about Dr Almanza and am still going to go with him. You can think whatever you want to about my decision it really don't make a difference to me. I feel comfortable because I have weighed the options, seriously how do I know if all of these accusations about this doctor are true? I a sure there have been complications just as every doctor has them and I can accept that. Am I worried? Yes just as much as I would be with any doctor. If what everyone is saying is so true then why have not the individuals themselves that experienced this first hand get on here and tell us? I have heard many many great experiences from those individuals that ecperienced it first hand and not only from this website. As I stated before I have the money to utiize a different doctor but I am gong with Dr Almanza. The people that I have spoken with have made me feel comfortable with their stories.

I do appreciate your concern and will be glad to let you know my experence.

Thanks

Joanie

Re: Dr. Mario Alberto Almanza Reyes

i've been keeping this in since i have had my surgery. And i really didn't wanna say anything cause i'm glad that they did a pretty good job with my surgery and i'm loseing weight, and i'm still alive and the people at emanuel medical have been so nice to me i really didn't wanna say too much but...

It's not fair to keep certain things a secret. Because i would have wanted to know all these things before i went. I got there on 10/27 and had my surgery 10/29. from all the people that's had surgery those two dates i know of about 4 or 5 infections (some very serious some not so serious)and a LEAK!

Now that's all the people that i know of. Their are still some people no one has been able to talk to them since. But 5 people is over half of the people that was in my group.

And the lady with the leak it seems like no one in my group really knew what was going on with her and later on in the week i thought she went home. I ended up seeing her in the airport and she told me she was in the hospital the whole time with a leak and she had to do a second surgery. Me and two other patients drove to the airport in the same truck, but they drove her alone ( i think so the other patients wouldn't find out what happened).

And i understand infections are apart of the risks of surgeries and it happens, but i think it happens waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much at emanuel medical.

they're nice friendly people but i would be scared to go back knowing so many people have so many infections and complication and sometimes leaks cause of emanuel medical.

surgery date: October 29, 2009

Dr. almanaza reyes

Joanie,

I'm confident that you and TiffanyIsMajor will receive GREAT care during your stay. Your posts in this thread have assured that. Maybe other people who are scheduled should jump in and make any concerns they have known so that their arrival will be anticipated as well.

Aside from my thoughts on that, I REALLY do wish the both of you and everyone else with upcoming surgeries the best. We've all been through too much getting to this point to have to worry about stuff like this. Please let us know how you did after surgery - in a less tense thread.:)

Quote from pnw218 Are you ever going to man up and answer my questions? Or do you indeed have things to hide??

I got nothing to hide, I don't need a fight, I have no agenda.

Maybe you get paid for referrals.

I haven't heard any noise about any clinic other than

Jerusalem/Emmanuel on this on any other board.

You know maybe with all that is happening with people speaking

up maybe J/E will pull up there socks so to speak.

It was after Jan. that things really started to regress.

I was heading to J/E for a sleeve myself but people that had

been there and that had bad experiences influenced me otherwise.

I stood before some that told me their troubles with J/E.

But information is empowering and I know some won't care because

they will take their chances for $5000 and won't want to hear

anything else but maybe others won't take the chance but still

go to Mexico and spend 8 to 10,000.

Ultimately I just hope J/E gets their act together that would be the

best.

Quote from pnw218Are you ever going to man up and answer my questions? Or do you indeed have things to hide??

I got nothing to hide, I don't need a fight, I have no agenda. *Seriously?? What do you call all of your posts here??*

Maybe you get paid for referrals. *nope, but who is paying you??*

I haven't heard any noise about any clinic other than

Jerusalem/Emmanuel on this on any other board.

You know maybe with all that is happening with people speaking

up maybe J/E will pull up there socks so to speak.

It was after Jan. that things really started to regress. *I was there in Feb and saw nothing like what you have described*

I was heading to J/E for a sleeve myself but people that had

been there and that had bad experiences influenced me otherwise.

I stood before some that told me their troubles with J/E. *Again, describe the circumstances of you standing before them? Were you giving a speech? On a soap box? LOL*

But information is empowering and I know some won't care because

they will take their chances for $5000 and won't want to hear

anything else but maybe others won't take the chance but still

go to Mexico and spend 8 to 10,000.

Ultimately I just hope J/E gets their act together that would be the

best.

Originally Posted by Can.sleeved viewpost.gif

FYI..pnw218 was my roomate in mx during our surgery, we get our info firsthand not by hearsay!

Hearsay sure when I stand in front of people and they tell me stories of themselves and others it 's good enough for me.

Wow don't look now but we even have somebody working for J/E posting.

Buyer beware, lowest price is it always worth it?

How about steel staples instead of titanium?

The word is getting out and we are thankful...

LMFAO !!!! **AGAIN**

So your answer is no? You continue to post statements that you can't back up and refuse to answer questions. I have answered your questions.

Talk about people being "insiders" !!!!!!!! You have changed your name, only have a handful of posts - and immediately come off as some "expert". Now you are holding conferences for all of those who have been treated poorly in Mx?? Just where exactly have these people "stood before you", how did you get in contact with them and how did you verify their "stories"? Your word not mine. LOL I have a few guesses .... the PD call them in as 220s.

Buyer Beware?? How about "READER BEWARE" ???

Obviously you either have a connection you aren't willing to share or a huge chip on your shoulder.

**again** THANKS for the wonderful comic relief each day! Really helps to take my mind off any real stress I might be having in my life:thumbup:

I feel pretty confident that people will see thru the bs in your posts and feel free to make their own decisions without feeling manipulated by hearsay, falacies and your undisclosed agenda.

I have never spoken poorly about any doctor, clinic, hospital or person for their selection. I have only posted my experience which was positive. I have never pushed my choice of surgeon on anyone, and have only answered questions based on my personal experience.

wannalise - love your last post!

Educationrulz - It seems the intention of the first paragraph was "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" :thumbup:. Your second paragraph is very true tho :smile1:.

It is obvious that can.sleeved, or whatever name he is using today, is never going to come clean ... so I will take wannalise's advice and stop posting :wink0:.

Information is why I'm here. Sleeve surgery is a relatively new procedure. I want to know all I can about what I'm planning to have done. Both the good and the bad as well as just general information.

If someone has had a bad experience, it is important for them to be able to post it and hopefully protect others from a similar experience. I certainly understand not wanting people to post hearsay. It is always bad form to just post stuff you heard from someone else who heard it from someone who thinks that they heard it right. I get that.

But personal experiences should be fair game here. If people are intimidated into thinking they shouldn't post their own personal experiences, then what's the point of bothering with this site?

Life is not always a bed of roses. Sometimes there are thorns. We're adults. We can handle the truth.

Oh I'm such a goof. Remember I'm new to this site.... I hadn't read all the posts when I wrote that one, above. Sorry!

I think that Jodoza provided more than adequate posts w/linked references from genuine people who have had complications out of that one location: http://verticalsleevetalk.com/post-operation-vertical-sleeve-gastric-surgery-vsg-questions-answers/4737-speak-up-those-leaks-infections-5.html Since so much attention has been drawn to the problems there, I hope that measures have been taken to correct the poor conditions that caused such problems to escalate.

OMG! Looks like "MidwesternGirl - Wasabubblebutt - aka Michelle Walsh" has been very busy, cutting and pasting and going back through several years of posts! Pretty much proof to me that she works hard for her referrals! Too bad that she gets them all by trashing the reputations of other doctors. She has spent a lot of time editing to make things look the way she wants them. She has included some and excluded other information to slant things her way. I wonder, does she send these PM's/emails out to everyone looking for a surgeon? Of course she does!

Sandy what are you talking about? These posts were on this board and they were removed. They were not edited.

I specifically asked Dr. Aceves if Michelle works for him and he said no. He said she is just a very happy patient. All Dr. Aceves patients are happy. Nobody has one bad thing to say about him

Dr. Almanza and Bettencourt who is not even a doctor and only claims to be one, can't say the same thing. There are many, many unhappy people who have gone there and ended up in the hospital in the United States after leaving there and going home with serious complications.

Holey mosus. If even one of those posts is true about the aftercare, why would anyone consider going there? If none of those posts is true, why isn't some legal action being taken to protect the innocent doctor and clinic?

For someone new to this site, all this is very confusing. The people who are defending the accused haven't really said anything very convincing to prove that those posts were false. They sure sound like real stories. But if someone is lying and is the real author of all those posts, why hasn't Alex intervened?

All I can say is that I am thankful that I am staying north of the border for all my medical needs. I'd love to be saving a big chunk of money but my health is the most important thing that I have. The revision surgery is risky enough with a fully qualified, competent doctor who has a flawless track record. To go to someone who really might be practicing bad medicine is seriously playing russian roulette.

I dunno. I came late to this party. Am I just not fully understanding this thread?

You people are KIDDING yourselves if you think that MONEY isnt the reason people actually go over the boarder. It is one of the deciding factors... It is hilarious to me when people say they wouldnt sacrifice their health but STILL manage to make it over to MX for surgery. One surgeron is just as good as the next and if you say money has nothing to do with it then I guess you wouldnt mind staying home and paying double or triple the price for the same thing? Where you may also get shittier care, and possibly staph because you are just as likely to catch it in a US hospital = D I CHOOSE ALmanza because of price and my ability to speak directly with so many happy people on this forum DIRECTLY about him. I am sick of seeing all the posts trying to make me and other like me feel bad because we cant shell out the extra 5000 to go somewhere else JUST BECAUSE people say it is better. I am not even paying for my surgery. My father has agreed to do so and contrary to popular belief, he doesnt want to shell out 10 or 15 thousand. I WILL NOT feel bad for paying less than anyone for my surgery. Call me naive or stupid or whatever. I am not saying that it is a brilliant decision but what I am saying is that I am not different THAN ANYONE shopping around for surgery. Everyone is guilty of wanting a cheaper price. ANd EVEN ONE of those stories?so are you saying that if you found out your surgeon had one leak or discrepancy you'd cancel your surgery. Probably not.

Holey mosus. If even one of those posts is true about the aftercare, why would anyone consider going there?

Edited by TiffanyIsMajor

The statement you made was completely unsubstantiated! If someone told you this, you have been misinformed! Please explain where you heard this and why you believe it to be true.

Regarding your statement of "edited posts", I was not saying the posts were edited individually. What I am saying is that Michelle took certain posts and portions of posts and put them in PM's that she sends to potential patients in order to make them look a certain way. And yes, I am saying that she sends referrals to Dr. Aceves.

I do have to laugh when you say, "ALL patients of Dr. Aceves are happy and NOBODY has one bad thing to say about him". Come on now, NO ONE that provides services makes 100% of his clients happy! Even Dr. Aceves has had complications. He is a surgeon and ALL surgeons have had complications from time to time. Even serious ones! To believe otherwise is naive!

Edited by zsflower