Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Speak up those with leaks & infections!

That would be wonderful in a perfect world but unfortunately there are people who have ulterior motives for dispensing false information. It becomes very difficult to decipher what is true and what isn't, what is someone's opinion and hearsay versus what is fact.

Then we need to stop posting the good reports as well. How am I supposed to know that the good reports are not falsified for ulterior motives - like increased profits? Let's all speak in whispers as if we have no voice. That would be great. :cursing:

We all need to feel free to discuss any and all aspects of the vertical sleeve on this site. It is not ok for people to try to quiet others.

Sorry but that's the way Alex wants it. We aren't allowed to discuss people who have had serious complications or he will delete the thread because the doctor is one of his paid advertisers.

Sorry but that's the way Alex wants it. We aren't allowed to discuss people who have had serious complications or he will delete the thread because the doctor is one of his paid advertisers.

Wow that's pretty serious folks, money over people. I want to thank the many people that have spoken up since I started this thread you have contributed much and I believe have already saved some people from disappointment and grief. God bless you! Russ

Let's just see if this gets deleted too.

I am not posting nearly as much as I used to on this board because of this. As much as I dislike OH's software, at least when somebody posts that Dr. Bettencourt isn't really even a doctor, the thread does not get deleted.

Then we need to stop posting the good reports as well. How am I supposed to know that the good reports are not falsified for ulterior motives - like increased profits? Let's all speak in whispers as if we have no voice. That would be great. :)

I agree with you, however there is no way of knowing if the good reports are true either.

Keeping this site to advice regarding what to pack, what to eat, etc. before and after surgery would be great - altho even that doesn't work for everyone. It is helpful to have a variety of info to read and then decide what works best for you.

There is just no way to know who is telling the truth and who isn't when it comes to doctors, clinics, complications and successes.

Unlike many people here, I have never said anything negative about any doctor or clinic. I have only said that my experience was good and I saw nothing to be afraid of.

There is just no way to know who is telling the truth and who isn't when it comes to doctors, clinics, complications and successes.

As a matter of fact, there is. Things have been checked out through telephone conversations and other research.We just aren't allowed to post about it, because it will just get deleted.

As a matter of fact, there is. Things have been checked out through telephone conversations and other research.We just aren't allowed to post about it, because it will just get deleted.

We disagree and that is ok. There is no law that says we have to agree on everything. If and when I am provided proof that convinces me that one doctor is better than another, I might change my mind. For now, I am not going to cry wolf just because someone posted something on a chat board. I find it very hard to believe that any doctor has a perfect record.

The last two posts by Oregondaisy were great, good job!.

This isn't about human error about clinics/doctors no. This is about many clinics going months without issues and yet a place like Emmanuel/Jerusalem having having many, many issues in the same time frame.

Keep making our voices heard because I have had many private posts that said they CHANGED where they were having their VSG because of the info being spoken.

Blessings Russ

P.S. That other board Obesity whatever is a mess I can't navigate around that, this board is much much better

I'm sorry to get sucked unto this, but it seems nobody has stated the obvious. I haven't read any bad experiences on this board or any other from people who genuinely went to Dr. Almanza. (I did read one negative experience from someone who claimed a somewhat negative experience but according to other patients had so many of the details of the facilities wrong that she could never have actually been there.) Lot of people who "heard" this or that happened.

Invariably, the patients who defend Dr. Almanza are accused of working for him.....it seems at least as likely to me that the rumormongers are working for other doctors who can't match his prices? Just a thought.

I haven't been sleeved yet, nor have I picked a surgeon, so I don't have a bias--just stating my observations.

Quote:I'm sorry to get sucked unto this, but it seems nobody has stated the obvious. I haven't read any bad experiences on this board or any other from people who genuinely went to Dr. Almanza.

Unfortunately people that are sick or have been afflicted with bad care most of the time DO NOT post, and also many of them DO NOT even want to be disclosed. Why is that? I don't know... Maybe someone out there could tell us.

Why is that many places that do VSG's and many doctors you don't hear anything bad, just good? I would think because there is very little going wrong.

However, when it seems that there is noise coming from a particular place/clinic always what does that tell you?

Something about where there is smoke there is usually fire...

I'm sorry to get sucked unto this, but it seems nobody has stated the obvious. I haven't read any bad experiences on this board or any other from people who genuinely went to Dr. Almanza. (I did read one negative experience from someone who claimed a somewhat negative experience but according to other patients had so many of the details of the facilities wrong that she could never have actually been there.) Lot of people who "heard" this or that happened.

Invariably, the patients who defend Dr. Almanza are accused of working for him.....it seems at least as likely to me that the rumormongers are working for other doctors who can't match his prices? Just a thought.

I haven't been sleeved yet, nor have I picked a surgeon, so I don't have a bias--just stating my observations.

The voice of reason! And your vision is 20/20.

Good luck with your research!! :biggrin0:

If you would like to hear about my personal experience, I would be happy to share it privately. And no, I am not on their payroll and I don't accept referral fees from the coordinator I used.

Quote:I'm sorry to get sucked unto this, but it seems nobody has stated the obvious. I haven't read any bad experiences on this board or any other from people who genuinely went to Dr. Almanza.

Unfortunately people that are sick or have been afflicted with bad care most of the time DO NOT post, and also many of them DO NOT even want to be disclosed. Why is that? I don't know... Maybe someone out there could tell us.

Why is that many places that do VSG's and many doctors you don't hear anything bad, just good? I would think because there is very little going wrong.

However, when it seems that there is noise coming from a particular place/clinic always what does that tell you?

Something about where there is smoke there is usually fire...

I am aware of someone who posted in the affirmative, often, before and after their own surgery. I had the pleasure of speaking with this encouraging individual via the phone only days after I had my own VSG. After a short while, without notice, the posts from this person stopped. After having their surgery abroad that same person referred 2 family members to the "unnamed" facility. The 2nd person suffered a serious complication and by that encounter this person has first rate knowledge of some disturbing facts that sadly will not be published through this venue. At this persons request and trust vested in me I was asked to keep the disclosure private.

The only thing this person would have to gain by making their story public would be to help prevent another plausible mishap. It's obvious the person is in some way threatened or else, with or without "Alex" interception, it would've gotten out. It's logical that those who persist in trivializing and mocking other's attempts to get the awful truth out, are themselves either paid props/liars or they have trouble in facing a sad reality that might have been their own.

There have been people who posted about getting infections or leaks or even worse from that clinic, and they have been deleted.

Lol this has just gotten hilarious.....If you guys DO have something to say about an "unnamed clinic" Or a particular "dr" .....wth is with all this hilarious code, why dont you use the real name?..We ALL know that you are talking about Dr. Almanza and his kids. Why all the bullshit speak. I am sorry but this post has just gotten sooo funny to read..I feel like I am reading a comic of James Bond or Inspector Gaget with all the code and secretive language... I dont care what you post about him honestly, He can have a third nipple and be missing two fingers...doesnt matter, he is still my choice. Am I scared to go to him, not anymore scared than I would be to go anywhere else in MX. I agree that there should not be any good or bad On this site when it comes to a decision like picking a surgeon..If you want someone opinion you should just have to ask.